wrapup of gw's visit to perth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

wrapup of gw's visit to perth

sorry folks no ground breaking news to disclose..

only in town for a couple of hrs ...gave his views on how his group intends to go about things & took questions for about an hour..quick lunch & then he was off to the airport

as expected a handfull of us pyssheads(karnaby looking at you)) stayed back & talked footy for an hour or so with george young

what was said was basically what yourve all been reading/hearing over the past couple of weeks

sure by now 99% have already made their minds up one way or the other

Rooy_coin
Club Player

i was at the one in wodonga and it seems the same as the confrence i went to...

CARN THE SAINTERS!!!
4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

Rooey, when was last time Rod was up your way to meet the members?

Rooy_coin
Club Player

i cant remember exactually i think a few years ago i don't know exactually. why?

CARN THE SAINTERS!!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:Rooey, when was last time Rod was up your way to meet the members?
Thats it.Im voting for Greg cause he flys round...tells people nothing and leaves for the airport in an hour.

All the way with Gregory hey?

“Yeah….nah””
The Peanut
Club Player

Rooy_coin wrote:i cant remember exactually i think a few years ago i don't know exactually. why?
I'll wager that RB doesn't even know where Albury is.

Thanks for nothing Roger . . . :wink:

I was expected at least a couple of pages - answers to tricky questions etc
Last edited by The Peanut on Wed 26 Sep 2007 10:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
Rooy_coin wrote:i cant remember exactually i think a few years ago i don't know exactually. why?
Thanks for nothing Roger . . . :wink:

I was expected at least a couple of pages - answers to tricky questions etc
Nah Peanut, There going to be posted by Nick and HD from their interview with GW on Monday. :)

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

bruce i'm sure you'll be pleased to know that martin stayed back with us & had a chin wag

The Peanut
Club Player

rogerwa wrote:bruce i'm sure you'll be pleased to know that martin stayed back with us & had a chin wag
Yeah Rog - good to see him out of the house :lol:

spert
Saintsational Legend

Westaway will tell you what you want to hear..lots of feel-good stuff which won't really change anything.

bungiton
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Westaway will tell you what you want to hear..lots of feel-good stuff which won't really change anything.
Thats the refreshing part of his ticket, Westaway will tell me what I want to hear, he is seeking to put the football department as his priority once elected. Exactly what I want to hear, on the other hand Butterss who actually is in power is prepared to tell us nothing, but if you wait you might recieve a press release through his legal team.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:
spert wrote:Westaway will tell you what you want to hear..lots of feel-good stuff which won't really change anything.
Thats the refreshing part of his ticket, Westaway will tell me what I want to hear, he is seeking to put the football department as his priority once elected. Exactly what I want to hear, on the other hand Butterss who actually is in power is prepared to tell us nothing, but if you wait you might recieve a press release through his legal team.
Everyone is entitled to make statements and have their view

The current board have announced on a number of ocassions this year the extra spend this year/review with R. Smith/ appointment of Development coach etc

whilst it may be too low a spend etc

Club has indicated increased spending again in 2008

it is not fact - actually in power and tells us nothing

just an opinion

saint4life
spert
Saintsational Legend

Looking forward to a premiership every year if Westaway gets in power eh??

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
4theluvoftheclub wrote:Rooey, when was last time Rod was up your way to meet the members?
Thats it.Im voting for Greg cause he flys round...tells people nothing and leaves for the airport in an hour.

All the way with Gregory hey?
just rember that when RB came in , he also promised the world, better communication etc, and worked for about 3 years.

Shaggy
Club Player

At least he is making the effort to meet with supporters. I wouldn't denigrate that as a waste of time for any President (past, future or imcumbent). You just did. Feedback is important.

karnaby
Club Player

My notes from the meeting, Apologies for taking so long to get this done.

There were 24 people in attendance & the actual meeting ran for very close to 90min.

GW said that the specific targets of SFF were:
To increase democracy. My interpretation of his comments were that he believed that currently it operated autocratically & that he wanted to ensure procedures that were open & transparent. He said Levin & Gadanski were included because they provided both continuity & independence (in relation to the current board).
To increase revenue. At present they are talking with potential sponsors, 2 major & 2 mid tier. He particularly wants to enhance resources for servicing sponsors & generally ensure that there are adequate staffing levels to operate effectively. (He used the example of Archie apparently having to do his own typing because the previous long- serving PA had left & there was no one to replace them). Also, they wish to explore other revenue streams, the one he was specific about was through functions & using Dana Nelson’s expertise.
To improve facilities. They would revue options about possible locations but he felt that the Moorabbin redevelopment was most likely to be the best choice. He said that they would do whatever was necessary to get the development done because their first priority was to ensure they look after the football team and give them appropriate resources.
To improve injury management.
To enhance recruitment. He spoke of increasing funding available to that section.

He discussed some specific WA issues, in particular that he would try to ensure that there was representation from the club at any post match gathering that might be arranged. And that seating for supporters at Subiaco would be increased from 350 to 500 with the promise of trying to get more.

When asked if he had any involvement with Lindsay Fox he said “No. He had not spoken with him.â€

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
karnaby
Club Player

For info - I note the earlier cheap shots from teflon & spert.

In no way do I believe that they reflect what happened at the meeting.

The Peanut
Club Player

karnaby wrote:For info - I note the earlier cheap shots from teflon & spert.

In no way do I believe that they reflect what happened at the meeting.
Thanks for the report karnaby
I hope young Roger behaved himself :wink:

karnaby
Club Player

The Peanut wrote: Thanks for the report karnaby
I hope young Roger behaved himself :wink:
He has to mate. He knows that if he stuffs up too much he'll get carted off to either the funny farm or the retirement village very quickly. :lol:

Love the work you do with WOM, it's a great site Bruce, thank you!!