Rod....if you want to stay on as President...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ashjam
Club Player

Rod....if you want to stay on as President...

Get Chris Judd to St.Kilda

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rod....if you want to stay on as President...

ashjam wrote:Get Chris Judd to St.Kilda
Would that change your vote ashjam? :)

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Ha he wanted him but Gt wanted Ball :wink:

Before Im 85
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Might be a chance there as their is a connection. I read somewhere (probably on this forum) that RB was Judd's coach in the u12's at East Sandringham :wink: !!

ashjam
Club Player

Offer WCE Maguire, Xavier Clarke, Raphael Clarke and 1st Round draft pick.
That will free up some salary cap space to make him a genuine offer and WCE would get 4 players in exchange.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

ashjam wrote:Offer WCE Maguire, Xavier Clarke, Raphael Clarke and 1st Round draft pick.
That will free up some salary cap space to make him a genuine offer and WCE would get 4 players in exchange.
Ashjam, since you are going to the SFF assistance day today, can you ask them for an answer on a question that a number of posters on here have asked in various threads?

How did they get the 'membership list' in time to enable them to send out the 'SFF Package' and 'SMS Message' so early on?

Your assistance on this would certainly be appreciated by me and I'm sure the others who have asked.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

judd + OP = another player sitting on our injured bench.

ball + OP > Judd + OP.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
ashjam
Club Player

I am not sure how they got it.....but does anyone really care.
If they are serious they should be able to get their information to all the members so everyone can make an informed decision.
Mr.Magic...are you Rod?
If so...please tell all supporters your plan for the next 3 years?
I have questions for you to pass onto Rod.
Why don't you put money into recruiting...e.g a full time person in WA and SA so we can make informed decisions at the draft every year and add 4 or 5 players to our list through the draft so we can continue to be a power?
Why did you pay your business partner $30,000 of the club's money to do consultancy at the club?
Why haven't you looked after sponsors and members properly?
Why did you pay Grant Thomas $500,000 a year as an untried coach...was that so he could pay back the $1million loan...which is also disgraceful that you did that?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

ashjam wrote:I am not sure how they got it.....but does anyone really care.
If they are serious they should be able to get their information to all the members so everyone can make an informed decision.
Mr.Magic...are you Rod?
If so...please tell all supporters your plan for the next 3 years?
I have questions for you to pass onto Rod.
Why don't you put money into recruiting...e.g a full time person in WA and SA so we can make informed decisions at the draft every year and add 4 or 5 players to our list through the draft so we can continue to be a power?
Why did you pay your business partner $30,000 of the club's money to do consultancy at the club?
Why haven't you looked after sponsors and members properly?
Why did you pay Grant Thomas $500,000 a year as an untried coach...was that so he could pay back the $1million loan...which is also disgraceful that you did that?
No Ashjam, I'm not Rod Butters.

I am a simple member, like 32,000 others, and I have some questions of SFF before I give them my vote.

Unfortunately I don't have access to ask Rod Butters the questions you want answered, so I cannot assist you in that.

But given you posted a thread asking for members to come down today and give assistance to SFF, I antuarally assumed that you are 'close' to SFF and would be the correct person to ask a simple question for them to answer?
If that assumption was incorrect then I apologise for asking it.

As to who cares about how they got my or anybody else's details - I do, and it wouls appear there are some others on this forum who do to.

Why is this such a 'touchy' subject for you?

SaintDippa
Club Player

Judd must be licking his lips at the prospect of playing 14-15 games a year on Telstra Dome concrete. Coming to StK will shorten his career by 5 years.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

WCE would be licking their lips at getting rid of a op damaged player, getting a 2nd tall to back up Glass, and flashy midfielder who is about 2 years from his prime, a 21 year old who played 4 weeks of good footy after a year of injuries and a first round draft pick.

st kilda will have another WCE player to keep gardiner company in the surgery rooms. :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

How about Blake, Raymond, Sweeney and our second round pick.

Would that get the deal done?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Brian Collis
Club Player

If Rod Butterrs wants to stay on as president he needs to get his s*** together

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rod....if you want to stay on as President...

ashjam wrote:Get Chris Judd to St.Kilda

The current Board Challenge makes that IMPOSSIBLE.

Whichever club lands Judd will do it by part of the package including HUGE benefits to Judd outside the salary cap (whether that be a career, property, jobs for other family members etc etc......and such benefits will need to funded privately....ie via individuals own pockets or companies.

If you were part of the current Board why would you undertake such massive expense/ committment ....knowing that an incoming group could well gain the benefit.

The Board challenge ENSURES that Judd cannot be a Saints player.

Whether he should be chased is a seperate issue.....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:WCE would be licking their lips at getting rid of a op damaged player,:
according to Woosha.....it is not OP..and is an operable displacement problem.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

As for how the SFF group got all members details, I'm pretty sure (but happy to be corrected if wrong) the saints members list has been available to sponsors such as Mortguage House and Vodaphone etc to flog their wares so to speak.

Would not be too difficult to get hold of the database if it is readily available to sponsors.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:As for how the SFF group got all members details, I'm pretty sure (but happy to be corrected if wrong) the saints members list has been available to sponsors such as Mortguage House and Vodaphone etc to flog their wares so to speak.

Would not be too difficult to get hold of the database if it is readily available to sponsors.
Thank you JB,

You may be right.

If I get an answer from the email I sent Archie Fraser I will post it so that those who are interested will know.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:As for how the SFF group got all members details, I'm pretty sure (but happy to be corrected if wrong) the saints members list has been available to sponsors such as Mortguage House and Vodaphone etc to flog their wares so to speak.

The mechanics of getting ones hands on a list is one thing....the legality of using such a list is an entirely different thing....unless it is obtained officially.

That would still be a breech of the Privacy Legislation.

A sponsor cannot pass a membership list onto third parties.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 15 Sep 2007 6:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:WCE would be licking their lips at getting rid of a op damaged player,:
judd's had more diagnosis in 4 months that ball had in 2 years :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
judd's had more diagnosis in 4 months that ball had in 2 years :roll:
They originaly though it was his abductor...which cleared up....and then they founda seperate problem.

Choice was either to have the operation immediately...and wipe out the season.......or play on where he may or may not be temporarily ok.

They chose the second path.....
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 15 Sep 2007 9:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Get the Training Facility improved and started.
Get 2 major sponsors.

battye
Saintsational Legend

I've been wondering the same thing. If SFF can easily get a hold of members information, just who else has access to it?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bob__71
Club Player

i want buddy

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

The mechanics of getting ones hands on a list is one thing....the legality of using such a list is an entirely different thing....unless it is obtained officially.

That would still be a breech of the Privacy Legislation.

A sponsor cannot pass a membership list onto third parties.
Disagree srs, would think if the wording of the memebership data signed by members is broad enough a database is pretty much up for the highest bidder.

To the top
SS Life Member

Offer Maguire, the 2 Clarke brothers and a first round draft pick for Judd.

Mate, get a brain.

You give your support to a group which send out a sticker saying "Vote for us", a cardboard presentation with a photo of some former St Kilda fotballers in in and a presentation saying the club should have spent money on the football department instead of reducing its $3.7 MILLION in debt.

So you give your proxy vote to Nathan Burke.

As I posted somewhere else, you probably bought shares in One-Tel as well, because Packer jnr. and Murdoch jnr, did.

This action has paralysed the football club at the very time it should be most active, including by replacing the major sponsors - one of whom has been lost because Pratt, who will be in court on a most serious matter within 2 weeks, offered his company's telecommunications business to Vodaphone.

This is the way the "big end" of town do their business, and the less I say of Pratt the better.

They take you down as soon as look at you.

St Kilda do not have the corporate clout of certain other clubs, except for Fox but the status of his support these days is questionable.

So St Kilda have to work harder - because there are no back room nods and winks.

So what is the Managing Director of Gregorys going to bring, to increase revenue so that spending can be increased?

Because, as I have said before, Mr Westaway and his backers had better have the major sponsors in his pocket now, signed sealed and committed to long term support.

And I talk major sponsors.

There is no problem with a challenge to the existing board, but this effort is un-professional because they bring nothing to the table - except for Nathan Burke having a fist full of proxies.

The starting point is the Annual Report of St Kilda FC, and to impose your business plan onto that.

One thing that does stick in my claw in such instances is that the current board has done the hard yards in reducing/repaying an unsustainable level of debt, and has positioned the club as best it has ever been.

If it has cut its cloth to attend this, then so be it.

If you try to come back with the accusation that I am someone or someone else, well read some other posts.

The most the alternate ticket can and should expect at this time is a qualified acceptance subject to a comprehensive business plan being put on the table.

The current board do this every year. It is called the Annual Report.

So, why should the challangers be any different?

And to give away Maguire, X. Clarke and R. Clarke plus a first round draft pick for Judd - spare me.

Judd is not worth 3 players who are most capable at AFL level, have the ability and skills to improve further - and give away a first round draft pick where you would, in reasonable circumstances, expect to snare someone at least useful.

So what are we after, the glory days of having Brownlow Medalists again?

And, just in case, the Thomas cancer was cut out 2 years too late.

THAT is the mistake Butters and his Board made.