Effect of a new board on the playing group

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Brewer
Club Player

Effect of a new board on the playing group

I know, I know, another thread - but I think this is worth a bit of hypothetical debate on its own.

Let's say we've got 2 possible outcomes - either the new ticket gets up or it doesn't.

How do these outcomes affect the players?

Personally I think that a new, football-focussed management would be a major boost to the guys. Rossy would have had a full pre-season, hopefully the AIS guys will have been able to improve our fitness and injury-resistance. Add to that a few past legends, some elite sports experience a la Klim, a bit of increased spending and professionalism in the footy department and I think we'd see a massively revitalised playing group next year.

If the new ticket fails, on the other hand, footy dept spending would probably be increased due to the scare, but there would still be dissent in the ranks. Butterss would still be Butterss, the confidence of the playing group wouldn't necessarily go up. Would Butterss' mob necessarily be better at spending on footy than the SKFF?

Do any of the playing group have a real allegiance to Butterss or his board? Where is morale currently in the group? It's felt low all year. Would it improve under a successful Butterss?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Effect of a new board on the playing group

Brewer wrote:I know, I know, another thread - but I think this is worth a bit of hypothetical debate on its own.

Let's say we've got 2 possible outcomes - either the new ticket gets up or it doesn't.

How do these outcomes affect the players?

Personally I think that a new, football-focussed management would be a major boost to the guys. Rossy would have had a full pre-season, hopefully the AIS guys will have been able to improve our fitness and injury-resistance. Add to that a few past legends, some elite sports experience a la Klim, a bit of increased spending and professionalism in the footy department and I think we'd see a massively revitalised playing group next year.

If the new ticket fails, on the other hand, footy dept spending would probably be increased due to the scare, but there would still be dissent in the ranks. Butterss would still be Butterss, the confidence of the playing group wouldn't necessarily be any higher. Would Butterss' mob necessarily be better at spending on footy than the SKFF?

Do any of the playing group have a real allegiance to Butterss or his board? Where is morale currently in the group? Would morale improve under a successful Butterss?
not much hypothetical there

one party- football focussed blah blah

the other - continued dissent blah blah

think its a statement

saint4life
Brewer
Club Player

Re: Effect of a new board on the playing group

chook23 wrote:not much hypothetical there

one party- football focussed blah blah

the other - continued dissent blah blah

think its a statement
Well it's a statement of how I see it, yes. But I'd be interested to hear from anyone that sees it differently. Or are we to assume that even the pro-Butterss posters all agree that the players would prefer the challengers?

I certainly don't know how the players feel about the current admin, maybe Riewoldt has fallen in love with Butterss now and would assume the foetal position with thumb in mouth if Butterss was to go?

Would Harvey be more or less inclined to stay on under Burkey and the new group?

I was hoping others might have an insight to the feeling among the players and how productive or harmful the two outcomes might be :roll:

(By the way, my 'statement' contained several questions. If you saw them as rhetorical that was your choice, they weren't intended that way).

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.