The right result...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AP Erebus
Club Player

The right result...

Personally, i think I scraping into the finals would have been a vindication of a seaon that shouldn't have been seen as successful.

Sure we played tons better when we had players back but our failure to get players on the park at the start of the season cost us dearly.

I didn't think we were good enough or deserved enough to make the finals...

Maybe now the hard decisions will be made re Voss, Brooks Rix and others...

Maybe it was the right result...

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Yes, when you consider our much easier draw than in 2006, making an EF once again would have flattered our performance. In rounds 21-22 last season, we were guaranteed a place in the 8 and were still an outside chance of making the top 4.

Truth to tell, this season we lost to, or struggled to beat, teams that we thrashed last year. Eg, the Pies: watching them tonight, I'll be blowed if I can see that they have improved much on their 2006 standard. I don't expect them to beat the Swans next weekend, even though Barry Hall is only playing on one leg this year and the Swans seem to have gone backwards.

But I still would have liked to watch us go around against the Pies next weekend. :cry:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Yes, when you consider our much easier draw than in 2006, making an EF once again would have flattered our performance. In rounds 21-22 last season, we were guaranteed a place in the 8 and were still an outside chance of making the top 4.

Truth to tell, this season we lost to, or struggled to beat, teams that we thrashed last year. Eg, the Pies: watching them tonight, I'll be blowed if I can see that they have improved much on their 2006 standard. I don't expect them to beat the Swans next weekend, even though Barry Hall is only playing on one leg this year and the Swans seem to have gone backwards.

But I still would have liked to watch us go around against the Pies next weekend. :cry:
I wish they were playing the Swans but it will be the Crows IMO. I actually think they will beat them at the G. Go Crows though.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
meher baba wrote:Yes, when you consider our much easier draw than in 2006, making an EF once again would have flattered our performance. In rounds 21-22 last season, we were guaranteed a place in the 8 and were still an outside chance of making the top 4.

I wish they were playing the Swans but it will be the Crows IMO. I actually think they will beat them at the G. Go Crows though.
What the?

Go Crows??

Have you forgotten 1997???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
kalsaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

What do you like the torture by this mob every ten years?

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What the?

Go Crows??

Have you forgotten 1997???
No but I hate the pies more and after tonight even more.