Research on the Game Day Experience of Fans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

theacademic

Research on the Game Day Experience of Fans

Dear all,

I am conducting some research on the game day experiences of sports fans in Australia. I would really appreciate a few minutes of your time to complete the survey I have compiled:

https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form ... ezQZlnOHtQ

It should take you less than 10 minutes to complete and I thank you in advance for your time.

theacademic

Re: Research on the Game Day Experience of Fans

Thanks to those who have completed the survey.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Wow
I discovered I'm related to Nigerian royalty !

In red white and black from 73
theacademic

Survey still live if anyone has a spare few minutes.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

theacademic wrote: Thu 18 Jul 2024 5:30pm Survey still live if anyone has a spare few minutes.
I have to be honest. I read the participant information sheet and I kind on felt like it's just market research for commercial benefit, and so I couldn't quite work out why a university is applying itself to such pursuits.

The PIS kind of put me off participating as it made me suspicious about the motives.

theacademic

Vortex wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2024 6:53am
theacademic wrote: Thu 18 Jul 2024 5:30pm Survey still live if anyone has a spare few minutes.
I have to be honest. I read the participant information sheet and I kind on felt like it's just market research for commercial benefit, and so I couldn't quite work out why a university is applying itself to such pursuits.

The PIS kind of put me off participating as it made me suspicious about the motives.
I can assure you, Vortex, that there is no commercial aspect to this research. This is a standard PIS as set out by most universities. This project is purely for academic reasons.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

theacademic wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 12:31pm

I can assure you, Vortex, that there is no commercial aspect to this research. This is a standard PIS as set out by most universities. This project is purely for academic reasons.
Fair enough, I'm curious then, what is the hypothesis your research is testing?

theacademic

Vortex wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 1:28pm

There's no hypothesis. We'll be guided by the responses. As you can see there are lots of topics being covered in the survey. We're curious to understand the behaviours of fans across multiple sports here in Australia.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I have one hard and fast rule when it comes to surveys.

Don't participate.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

theacademic wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 2:37pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 1:28pm

There's no hypothesis. We'll be guided by the responses. As you can see there are lots of topics being covered in the survey. We're curious to understand the behaviours of fans across multiple sports here in Australia.
Ahh ok I see, so not scientific research then?, that's what confused me. However now I am even more curious though and asking myself, why are you curious and when you say you will be guided by responses, guided to where and to what end, it sounds like you are missing a hypothesis if you are willing to be guided by responses you haven't procured yet?

theacademic

Last shout to see if anyone can help me out with the survey.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 3:00pm I have one hard and fast rule when it comes to surveys.

Don't participate.
yes, particularly behavioural surveys.

I find I am normally forced to lie or wildly exaggerate to avoid humiliation and/or uncomfortable enquiries from the authorities.

Best let what happens in Marvel stay in Marvel*.

(*recent quote from Brad Scott.)