Essendope!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

1965 Saint
Club Player

Essendope!!

It’s really annoying me how that cheating S…h..e of a club is doing well. They should have been deregistered and made to pay a fortune to re-enter the league. Meanwhile good ole SK continues to flounder about in no-man’s land. Why can’t we have a team that’s passionate about success and does what is necessary to get there. Now we’ve got the pride match and presume that will present Sydney with a guaranteed 4points for just turning up. Something has to change at SK and I don’t have any confidence that it will.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Essendope!!

1965 Saint wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2024 1:21am It’s really annoying me how that cheating S…h..e of a club is doing well. They should have been deregistered and made to pay a fortune to re-enter the league. Meanwhile good ole SK continues to flounder about in no-man’s land. Why can’t we have a team that’s passionate about success and does what is necessary to get there. Now we’ve got the pride match and presume that will present Sydney with a guaranteed 4points for just turning up. Something has to change at SK and I don’t have any confidence that it will.
The aints have been changing every few years for an eternity and nothing has changed, i'm convinced change for changes sake is not the answer.

Like the club, i have NO idea what the answer is. :roll: :roll:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

We have to be smarter than other clubs and use our resources more effectively. No gambling, no slacking off, no unruly sentiment, no b.s. in gneeral.

Sam Mitchell's creation of a "band of rascals" seems to have paid off and reminds me of the strong bonds that used to exist between Smith/Borwn/Jones and later the new recruits under GT. Not sure the same spirit exists in the club today. Smothering the players with welfare concerns doesn't really help.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2024 9:19am We have to be smarter than other clubs and use our resources more effectively. No gambling, no slacking off, no unruly sentiment, no b.s. in gneeral.

Sam Mitchell's creation of a "band of rascals" seems to have paid off and reminds me of the strong bonds that used to exist between Smith/Borwn/Jones and later the new recruits under GT. Not sure the same spirit exists in the club today. Smothering the players with welfare concerns doesn't really help.
💯

At the game in Perth, I kept the binoculars on the bench guys, on the guys pregame, and a lot of times off the ball too.

Never did they display any sort of connection or cohesion.
There's no camaraderie, no feeling of us vs them, it's like they're just workmates.

Several times when a guy had been floored, nobody went to give him a hand to get up. Saints nearby had head down, walking away disinterested.
They have no soul

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2024 12:40pm
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2024 9:19am We have to be smarter than other clubs and use our resources more effectively. No gambling, no slacking off, no unruly sentiment, no b.s. in gneeral.

💯

At the game in Perth, I kept the binoculars on the bench guys, on the guys pregame, and a lot of times off the ball too.

There's no camaraderie, no feeling of us vs them, it's like they're just workmates.

Several times when a guy had been floored, nobody went to give him a hand to get up. Saints nearby had head down, walking away disinterested.
They have no soul
I remember when Hunter Clark was taken out with a brutal shirtfront and left bloodied with a fractured jaw...the 2 closest St Kilda players were Billings and Brad Hill.

It was the most heartless and spineless response from blokes wearing the jumper I've ever seen in 50 years of following the Saints.

Brad Hill didn't come to St Kilda because he loved the club. And...as for the other bloke. Another example of him being soft as a marshmallow

That's why we need to be careful of recruiting mercenaries and high paid free agents. Do the rebuild with strong foundations and a core of young blokes who grow and improve together as a connected group

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2024 4:12pm

💯

They have no soul
I remember when Hunter Clark was taken out with a brutal shirtfront and left bloodied with a fractured jaw...the 2 closest St Kilda players were Billings and Brad Hill.

It was the most heartless and spineless response from blokes wearing the jumper I've ever seen in 50 years of following the Saints.

Brad Hill didn't come to St Kilda because he loved the club. And...as for the other bloke. Another example of him being soft as a marshmallow

That's why we need to be careful of recruiting mercenaries and high paid free agents. Do the rebuild with strong foundations and a core of young blokes who grow and improve together as a connected group
Absolute rubbish. Have another look. All in the flow of play, in the short time available, any player would have followed the ball, they had no way of knowing Clark's injury. Coach would not have been too pleased if they just stopped and not attempted to chase the ball and pressure the opposition. The time for any remonstration is after that play has stopped. In any event, McKay got off anyway didn't he?

GSG
Club Player

bobmurray wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2024 1:36am
1965 Saint wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2024 1:21am It’s really annoying me how that cheating S…h..e of a club is doing well. They should have been deregistered and made to pay a fortune to re-enter the league. Meanwhile good ole SK continues to flounder about in no-man’s land. Why can’t we have a team that’s passionate about success and does what is necessary to get there. Now we’ve got the pride match and presume that will present Sydney with a guaranteed 4points for just turning up. Something has to change at SK and I don’t have any confidence that it will.
The aints have been changing every few years for an eternity and nothing has changed, i'm convinced change for changes sake is not the answer.

Maybe a decent coach could be the answer.

GSG
Club Player

bobmurray wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2024 1:36am

Maybe a decent coach could be the answer.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Neither does effing theamed rounds.

Anyway dorks are currently getting their arses handed to them by the cats. Could change but 4.5. to 1 point at the moment.

saintkid
Club Player

💯

They have no soul

Very good post Scollop. I have been saying this repeatedly. Our recruiting in terms of logic, with the focus on improving blatant on-field voids has been woeful and nothing short of this.
We're a very poorly run club and the results show. Sadly, St Kilda is no closer to being a contender since 2011, while so many other clubs have surpassed us in player list management and talent. Add Carlton to that list too.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

💯

They have no soul

Everyone recruits mercenaries. Brad hill has been great for us.

Puzzling post

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2024 7:56pm

💯

They have no soul

Everyone recruits mercenaries. Brad hill has been great for us.

Puzzling post
Hey man. Really happy with Hilly now... I've commented dozens of times that his value has been phenomenal when you take into account the leadership and mentoring he's provided for NWM, Windhager Keeler, Collard etc...but ....As a player, we paid overs

He was ok in 2020, average to poor in 2021 ...and then he worked his bum off and he won me over in 2022.

The other thing people forget is that Adam Treloar nominated the Saints but St Kilda couldn't afford to fit him in due to the exorbitant salaries we were paying for guys like Hill.

We never should have given away what we did in terms of picks and a player. We could have had right now...Adam Treloar and Caleb Serong ... PLUS Blake Acres

Maybe this ...maybe that..it's all 'after the fact'. Would we have still made finals in 2020 without Hill? Yeah...I reckon we would have. Clark, Coffield, Paton, Ben Long and several others had career best years.

Would Treloar still have chosen us without Hill in the team? Yeah...I reckon he would have!!