West Coast recent home record

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

West Coast recent home record

Beat Melbourne by 6 goals
Lost to essendon by 1 goal
Beat freo by 6 goals
Beat Richmond by 7 goals

A win at their ground us a good result. Particularly given our recent form.

Something to build on.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Killa
Club Player

Re: West Coast recent home record

It is always a good win interstate - for any side

Without wishing to inflame some, the commentary that the umpiring was not favouring St Kilda appeared to have substance

But courtesy of the efforts of some we prevailed and despite a period where we could not generate a clearance hence the ball parked in their forward half

Sinclair started to impact, Windhager did what he did and Clark, when on the ground, continued to do what he did

So the clearance problem was addressed and their advantage negated

Mind you the focus will be on some, who were poor - noting that I qualify this by not being at the game so not aware of field position and responsibilities outside camera coverage

But there were numbers with very few possessions

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

The focus of some on here tells you a lot.

Far from perfect but a win to be proud of as we try to find some form.

Players no doubt learning a lot this year.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

nostalgicsaint wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 3:34am The focus of some on here tells you a lot.

Do you expect fans to cheer and smile and be happy throughout the course of the whole game?

Should we all think (like some people on here) that half our players are spuds? Do you expect supporters to only comment on players and ignore coaching and positional moves?

I don't think we carry on and whinge half as much as Ross the boss...Watch the replay.

Every time the camera panned to the coaches box, Ross Lyon was grumpy and angry. Surely that's not the environment for rational thinking

Have a look at one particular moment (with 16 seconds to go on the clock until the final siren).

What's he whinging and whining about? This is game-set-match and the lady with uhhhmmm 'big hips' is already singing...we are 14 points up and the 'W' is in the bag. Have a look at the sad sack.

How the faarg is that any different to us supporters when we express our feelings that we aren't happy with the way we're playing at times?

I haven't seen the press conference at the end...but ffs...I hope he focused on the positives after a nice win. I hope....as you say...that he learnt a lot 😁👍
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 02 Jun 2024 4:06am, edited 1 time in total.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Zero issue with whining during the game. It's after it an incessantly all week like up do that bothers me.

God knows what Ross was saying in the last 16 seconds. Could be anything from where has this been all year to I feel like absolute shite Corey you take the press conference.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

nostalgicsaint wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 4:04am
God knows what Ross was saying in the last 16 seconds. Could be anything from where has this been all year to I feel like absolute shite Corey you take the press conference.
You're talking through your hat. Stop guessing. Have a look at his demeanour.

Is he in a hurry to win a premiership is he? Are the players holding him back?

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Not at all- he could be pissed- I have no idea what he is saying.

The difference is I acknowledge I have no idea and more importantly, it was during the game.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

As you say, we have no idea....but

I had a think about it.

It could be that our doctor was trying to get Rowan off the ground late in the game with 2 or 3 minutes left. Maybe he's pissed off at the doctor. He's visibly angry.

It could have cost us the game and he would have been under the pump from the media. He's feeling it

Killa
Club Player

Another thread high jacked by the usual

Introducing such presumptive dribble

Yes, we get it

Lyon, in the financial circumstances he was in at the time, took the money and ran from St Kilda to Fremantle

And now the despicable turncoat who should have been castrated for his offence has, by invitation of the Board, returned to coach St Kilda

And every thread on this site is polluted by the anti Lyon narrative

Noting also the time profile of the postings - so I assume an individual with mental health issues resulting in a preoccupied also in the absence of having a life outside the obsession we see on this site

Currently I know what it is like to be restricted physically (but improving) hence looking for distraction in my restricted space - hence viewing this forum

But absent that environment you wonder noting also the obsession with Ross Lyon, who, I would suggest is not personally known to the contributor(s)

The same with those passing summary judgements on our previous Coach - and most obviously not knowing him

spert
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:50am Another thread high jacked by the usual

Yes, we get it

Lyon, in the financial circumstances he was in at the time, took the money and ran from St Kilda to Fremantle

And now the despicable turncoat who should have been castrated for his offence has, by invitation of the Board, returned to coach St Kilda

Noting also the time profile of the postings - so I assume an individual with mental health issues resulting in a preoccupied also in the absence of having a life outside the obsession we see on this site

Currently I know what it is like to be restricted physically (but improving) hence looking for distraction in my restricted space - hence viewing this forum

But absent that environment you wonder noting also the obsession with Ross Lyon, who, I would suggest is not personally known to the contributor(s)

The same with those passing summary judgements on our previous Coach - and most obviously not knowing him
Great to win again, but I would still prefer Lyon wasn't coach in the long term.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 4:07am
nostalgicsaint wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 4:04am
You're talking through your hat. Stop guessing. Have a look at his demeanour.

Is he in a hurry to win a premiership is he? Are the players holding him back?
Wow, interesting stuff Scolops. A coach looking angry, frustrated or whatever during a game? Only you, with your Ross fixation, would notice, and then try to pluck some negative theories from it.

Was he looking at a screen or have a screen near him? I suspect it is Resident Evil 4. Ross has been trying to get through chapter 2 for the last 3 weeks, but keeps getting interrupted by his offsiders in the box, who are supposed to be concentrating on what is happening on the ground. So annoying.

You are a card Scolops, especially at 3 in the morning

B.M
Saintsational Legend

West Coast were without Kelly and Waterman

Probably sitting 1 & 2 in their B&F

Leading goalkicker and best mid

nefron55
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 3:49am
nostalgicsaint wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 3:34am The focus of some on here tells you a lot.

Do you expect fans to cheer and smile and be happy throughout the course of the whole game?

Should we all think (like some people on here) that half our players are spuds? Do you expect supporters to only comment on players and ignore coaching and positional moves?

I don't think we carry on and whinge half as much as Ross the boss...Watch the replay.

Every time the camera panned to the coaches box, Ross Lyon was grumpy and angry. Surely that's not the environment for rational thinking

Have a look at one particular moment (with 16 seconds to go on the clock until the final siren).

What's he whinging and whining about? This is game-set-match and the lady with uhhhmmm 'big hips' is already singing...we are 14 points up and the 'W' is in the bag. Have a look at the sad sack.

How the faarg is that any different to us supporters when we express our feelings that we aren't happy with the way we're playing at times?

I haven't seen the press conference at the end...but ffs...I hope he focused on the positives after a nice win. I hope....as you say...that he learnt a lot 😁👍
List of coaches that have expressed frustration during games: Leigh Matthews, Ron Barassi, Allan Jeans, Kevin Sheedy, Norm Smith etc etc etc

Totally fine with that.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:50am Another thread high jacked by the usual

Yes, we get it

Some of us work night shift meat head

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 3:49am I don't think we carry on and whinge half as much as Ross the boss...Watch the replay.

Have you watched any Sydney games in the last decade or so?
Longmire is constantly screaming at something...Seemingly often directed towards Dean Cox.

Doesn't seem to be adversely affecting his coaching or reflecting on the Swans at all.

spert
Saintsational Legend

A good win in the west for us, but let's not get too carried away. WCE were undermanned in their forward half with Waterman out, who is a consistent goal kicker for them this season, and we only won by a couple of goals after playing an ordinary first half. I think this is what Enright was saying about lots of work to do yet.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

spert wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2024 10:31am A good win in the west for us, but let's not get too carried away. WCE were undermanned in their forward half with Waterman out, who is a consistent goal kicker for them this season, and we only won by a couple of goals after playing an ordinary first half. I think this is what Enright was saying about lots of work to do yet.
Carried away?

This forum reads like we lost.