Didn't turn up ready for the first quarter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Didn't turn up ready for the first quarter

I knew in my own mind tonight that if we kicked 2 or 3 goals in the first quarter and were behind even by a point at quarter time that we wouldn't win the game.
And that was exactly what happened.
I thought we might win before the game tonight, but I am struggling to see where we win our next match because we struggle to score AT ALL.
Fair enough, flooding if you are down because of injuries for a week or two, but this isn't what was happening tonight and hasn't been happening most of the year.
Every goal we kick takes such an immense effort. That is not what Australian Rules Football is supposed to be.
The dropped marks, the kicks out on the full, the fumbling when collecting the ball off the ground, and my all-time fave - the handballing to a teammate under immense pressure.
I have no idea why they are playing this way, no idea at all especially in perfect conditions under a roof or last week on a nice sunny day. Kicking 7 or 8 goals a week, or maybe 9 goals, I mean, what the hell.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Didn't turn up ready for the first quarter

Imagine how bad we'd be if we didn't have the doyen of development coaches, if we didn't have a spudfest list.

Imagine if the club fluked it for a flag capable list.

Excuse me whilst i answer realities knock on the door. :roll: :roll:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.