Now for Richmond

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Now for Richmond

Great win last night against the odds IMO.

I usually hate Thursday or Friday night games as it can ruin your weekend but get to bask in glory for a long weekend is great.

Will be a tricky one if Butler gets rubbed out as to who comes in . Billings must be spewing as obvious replacement.

As RL prefers like for like does someone like a Peris come into discussion?
I know he had a number of tackles but it thought Caminiti was average and if Membrey can snag a few marks for Sandy he probably comes in
Beyond that I can't see those who play Sharman or Patons spot moving out.

Was interested to see Phillipou play in all 3 areas lat night.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: Now for Richmond

older saint wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 10:28am Great win last night against the odds IMO.

I usually hate Thursday or Friday night games as it can ruin your weekend but get to bask in glory for a long weekend is great.

Will be a tricky one if Butler gets rubbed out as to who comes in . Billings must be spewing as obvious replacement.

As RL prefers like for like does someone like a Peris come into discussion?
I know he had a number of tackles but it thought Caminiti was average and if Membrey can snag a few marks for Sandy he probably comes in
Beyond that I can't see those who play Sharman or Patons spot moving out.

Was interested to see Phillipou play in all 3 areas lat night.
I think Butler will be fine - Blakey wasnt concussed so no rough conduct etc.

Richmond are playing decent footy atm - so hopefully the trip to WA and the game against Freo takes plenty out of them. We will get an extra couple of days recovery also, so hopefully we can freshen up and go through the 2nd half of the season like our first 6 games. We still need to sort our midfield mix out so hopefully Steele can return to some sort of form before too long.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

I hope we bring that intensity to Richmond next week. Show McQualter what he is missing at Saints.

If Dan does get the rub and is missing a week due to suspension (will be shocked if he is) I think try out Peris. His tackle numbers in VFL is insane. Most out of any players on the Sandy team.

Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

Things to worry about with Richmond.
They have a strong midfield especially with the introduction of the two GWS midfielder.
Their small forwards kick most of their goals which maybe hard to match up on.
They have good defenders.
We will have to bring the same insane pressure we brought in the 2nd half last night and score a little more freely.
Richmond is the sort of team we should be beating if we're going to make the eight.
We haven't won two in a row since round 4.
Confidence is still only around 50%

Think of me long enough to make a memory.