Would Lyon have let the Aussie cricket team wash out…?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Would Lyon have let the Aussie cricket team wash out…?

…of the T20 World Cup like that.

Are pro sports players now entirely their own co-operation and immune from a head/leader/coach/media politic etc.

They go their own way, regardless

They sack Langer — the players do! In the review?

They sack Ratts - the players must have known..

I wonder if a figure like Lyon has the charisma and presence to get the players (and their managers, lawyers, accountants, families, buddies in media and on insta and the whole orbit of influencers that surround each player) to get into line?

Imagine Mitch Robinson doing his vlog at training, getting into the face of players and staff, to flog his own ‘brand’. Will Ross stand for it? Would Ross save the Aussie cricket team - so they don’t make excuses saying their tired before a finals series?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Would Lyon have let the Aussie cricket team wash out…?

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 08 Nov 2022 4:08pm …of the T20 World Cup like that.

Are pro sports players now entirely their own co-operation and immune from a head/leader/coach/media politic etc.

I wonder if a figure like Lyon has the charisma and presence to get the players (and their managers, lawyers, accountants, families, buddies in media and on insta and the whole orbit of influencers that surround each player) to get into line?

Imagine Mitch Robinson doing his vlog at training, getting into the face of players and staff, to flog his own ‘brand’. Will Ross stand for it? Would Ross save the Aussie cricket team - so they don’t make excuses saying their tired before a finals series?
Not that i care about cricket anymore, but, the players that have been whining about being tired because of too much cricket, could CA just tell them that they will be rested for the next tournament and
select players who really want to play, or is there NO depth in Aussie cricket these days. The game seems to be consumed by personal greed nowadays.

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote: Tue 08 Nov 2022 6:14pm

Not that i care about cricket anymore, but, the players that have been whining about being tired because of too much cricket, could CA just tell them that they will be rested for the next tournament and
select players who really want to play, or is there NO depth in Aussie cricket these days. The game seems to be consumed by personal greed nowadays.
Yeah, it's a pretty bad comparison. The cricketers want their IPL money..where as footy players have no other comp baiting them..They won't even get State-of-origin (which could be huge) going because the AFL has such an impregnable hold on the whole pic and all clubs (to a lesser or greater extent)

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Lyon just bowls offies and isn't a super mate of the coach like Finch, so I don't think he could have changed things.

Josh Battle
Club Player

After he saves the St Kilda FC and after we make multiple grand finals and after he saves the Australian T20 team and 1 day squads and the test team, he’ll save the Wallabies….

His challenge after all that will be to get the Australian Soccer team into the last 8 in the World Cup…that’s all before he nominates for the first President of the Republic of Australia…

As long as he doesn’t have to go through any competitive selection processes anything is possible…as far as landing the above roles

Templar
Club Player

Yep. If Ross can take us to two flags and then the Socceroos to a World Cup win I'm sold.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

they're not f****** their. :wink: