Better off losing

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Better off losing

A couple of wins here and there may have allowed our pathetic administration to paint over the cracks and grin f*** the supporter base for another season

We need to to the bandaid off and dive head first into those cracks starting now

#1 Ryder fan
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Better off losing

Yes indeed. Exactly.

darylcowie
Club Player

When Crouch snapped that fairly easy goal straight after half time I turned to my partner and said "they can't lose from here, they're 6 goals up now and they've (Adelaide) only been able to kick 2 goals in a half".
I also remember telling her that we couldn't lose after leading Port by 10 points with 1 minute to go at Adelaide Oval in 2017.
Overestimate them at your peril.

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Time for another rebuild

The last one in 2013 was so successful

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

The club has been rebuilding since 1967, none of those rebuilds have succeeded, what's another one going to do.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
darylcowie
Club Player

The wild swing in form from one half to another and even one week to another remind me of another farcical period of Saints history in the mid 80s when we lost by over 100 points for three weeks in a row, but at least then you knew what you were going to get from one week to the next!

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
older saint
SS Life Member

Could have been worse i still remember being at Waverley 1999 v Hawthorn 63 points up in second quarter and lost. I won the quaddie that day $2,500 mixed emotions of a day i wont forget

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 8:40am A couple of wins here and there may have allowed our pathetic administration to paint over the cracks and grin f*** the supporter base for another season

We need to to the bandaid off and dive head first into those cracks starting now
I thought similar
Had we snuck home we’d all be high fivjng how good Highmore’s game was (it was) and ignoring that, like the North game, we simply stopped
Can’t go that now.
Go watch Ratts message to supporters video ....worst I’ve ever seen, embarrassing.....the guy looks utterly shattered
Like he has woken up from a coaching nightmare and realised....”**** I’ve landed at St Kilda!!! and overrated the list!!!!!!”
Hard to watch
Nowhere to hide now.
Independent review of footy club needed
Need to remove dud assistants
Need to add respected footy boss

“Yeah….nah””
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Get the pre-season training program right. Do that and we'll be a much better team next year. This is what plagued Melbourne the last two years. Lots of injuries and poor preparation made them inconsistent and frustrating for their fans. Eighteen months ago they changed their head of fitness who finally got them fit. It took two preseasons to fix the problem. Now, I actually think our fitness guy did a good job in the pre-season leading into last year. We looked very fit last year. Something clearly went awry at the end of last season. So....get them fit. Make that the number one priority. You can't tell me Simon Goodwin has suddenly become a great coach. No, it's because he finally has a team that is properly prepared and he's had a good run with injuries.

Calling for the heads of everyone in charge at the club is mob mentality. It's the easiest fallback position for some posters, and a cheap way of reacting to the situation.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 3:16pm Get the pre-season training program right. Do that and we'll be a much better team next year. This is what plagued Melbourne the last two years. Lots of injuries and poor preparation made them inconsistent and frustrating for their fans. Eighteen months ago they changed their head of fitness who finally got them fit. It took two preseasons to fix the problem. Now, I actually think our fitness guy did a good job in the pre-season leading into last year. We looked very fit last year. Something clearly went awry at the end of last season. So....get them fit. Make that the number one priority. You can't tell me Simon Goodwin has suddenly become a great coach. No, it's because he finally has a team that is properly prepared and he's had a good run with injuries.

Calling for the heads of everyone in charge at the club is mob mentality. It's the easiest fallback position for some posters, and a cheap way of reacting to the situation.
Don’t disagree but I think it’s time for some new IP
It does t stand still
Ratten has this year
Not interested in doing another Richo 6 ...

“Yeah….nah””
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

darylcowie wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 1:04pm When Crouch snapped that fairly easy goal straight after half time I turned to my partner and said "they can't lose from here, they're 6 goals up now and they've (Adelaide) only been able to kick 2 goals in a half".
I also remember telling her that we couldn't lose after leading Port by 10 points with 1 minute to go at Adelaide Oval in 2017.
Overestimate them at your peril.
as a St kilda fan
I never say out loud what im thinking :shock:

discussing last weeks game v sydney I made the comment " I knew we wouldn't win that game , only very rarely do win a game from behind when we have been behind most of the match .
whereas if the situation is reversed rarely do we hang on ! "
Sure enough a week later and it happens .
Only St Kilda !

In red white and black from 73