The G in the Gabba!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

1965 Saint
Club Player

The G in the Gabba!!!!!

I’ve just seen turf from the MCG being dug up to transport to Brisbane to implant at the Gabba! WTF!! That would be one of the most pathetic things I have witnessed. If it’s a Port v Brisbane GF I would expect them to piss on it. It’s 2020 and it’s the AFL not the VFL. The fact that the GF has been locked in at the MCG until we’re all dead is a disgrace.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: The G in the Gabba!!!!!

1965 Saint wrote: Wed 14 Oct 2020 9:25pm I’ve just seen turf from the MCG being dug up to transport to Brisbane to implant at the Gabba! WTF!! That would be one of the most pathetic things I have witnessed. If it’s a Port v Brisbane GF I would expect them to piss on it. It’s 2020 and it’s the AFL not the VFL. The fact that the GF has been locked in at the MCG until we’re all dead is a disgrace.
Home of football
Will always be home of football
AFL built on the foundations of VFL
Gabba and any other new concrete soulless s*** filled stadium that can’t house 100k supporters in any state would do well to incorporate a bit of the G

“Yeah….nah””
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

It was basically AFL and ch 7 PR for one of their sponsors. I noticed a lot of rebel sport logos just about EVERYWHERE , so I'm pretty sure both parties are keen to have rebel sport sponsorship going forward into next season.

In red white and black from 73
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

is it undergoing two weeks of isolation in a queensland hotel?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
1965 Saint
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Wed 14 Oct 2020 10:44pm
1965 Saint wrote: Wed 14 Oct 2020 9:25pm I’ve just seen turf from the MCG being dug up to transport to Brisbane to implant at the Gabba! WTF!! That would be one of the most pathetic things I have witnessed. If it’s a Port v Brisbane GF I would expect them to piss on it. It’s 2020 and it’s the AFL not the VFL. The fact that the GF has been locked in at the MCG until we’re all dead is a disgrace.
Home of football
Gabba and any other new concrete soulless s*** filled stadium that can’t house 100k supporters in any state would do well to incorporate a bit of the G
Been there lots. View from half the seats is sub-standard. The so-called Great Southern Stand is decrepit and needs to be bulldozed. Another two years of footy at a construction site

1965 Saint
Club Player

1965 Saint wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 12:11am
Home of football
Been there lots. View from half the seats is sub-standard. The so-called Great Southern Stand is decrepit and needs to be bulldozed. Another two years of footy at a construction site
Ps the foundations of the VFL were rotten. Had to get WCE and Brisbane to chuck in $4.5M each to save most of the VFL clubs from going broke

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Have a real sook wht don't you. FFS it's only grass. :roll: .

saynta
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 12:13am
1965 Saint wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 12:11am
Home of football
Ps the foundations of the VFL were rotten. Had to get WCE and Brisbane to chuck in $4.5M each to save most of the VFL clubs from going broke

That's just crap. The AFL came about because the Victoria state Government would not allow the VFL to play footy in Melbourne on a Sunday because that would comete with the VFA,

So what did the VFL do? They transported the South Melbourne football club to Sydney and rebranded them as the Sydney Swans and televised the games back into Melbourne.On a Sunday of course.. An abomination if there ever was one. :roll:
Last edited by saynta on Thu 15 Oct 2020 10:46am, edited 1 time in total.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

It's a bit of corporate branding, some bright spark in 'marketing' dreamed up a way to get $$ from a sponsor.
Nothing to see here

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I think the GF should be played at the Gabba every 4 years and they should call it the Astersisk Cup. Seriously. Think about how successful this season has been. Some of the best quality footy ever seen in the history of the game. The winner could be awarded a cup that looks like a 3D Asterisk but when you move it around it starts to look like the COVID-19 viral symbol similar to how a hologram works.

The Astersisk Cup would pay homage to the 2020 season and the tales of player life in their struggles of having to live in the confines of 5 star resorts could be narrated over the PA as part of the pre game entertainment which could have a motorcade with the original cardboard cutouts being honoured and players who survived the season could enter the Gabba arena after having reenacted the arduous bus rides from the resorts where they were forced to stay.

Corona Beer could be the major sponsor and free limes could be tossed into the crowd.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:29pm I think the GF should be played at the Gabba every 4 years and they should call it the Astersisk Cup. Seriously. Think about how successful this season has been. Some of the best quality footy ever seen in the history of the game. The winner could be awarded a cup that looks like a 3D Asterisk but when you move it around it starts to look like the COVID-19 viral symbol similar to how a hologram works.

The Astersisk Cup would pay homage to the 2020 season and the tales of player life in their struggles of having to live in the confines of 5 star resorts could be narrated over the PA as part of the pre game entertainment which could have a motorcade with the original cardboard cutouts being honoured and players who survived the season could enter the Gabba arena after having reenacted the arduous bus rides from the resorts where they were forced to stay.

Corona Beer could be the major sponsor and free limes could be tossed into the crowd.
Did you see the TV ratings were up 17% this year Secret Vortex? Combined national AND metro!

And have you got an ETA on when that soft tissue injury epidemic that you guaranteed was going to run through the comp is going to arrive, because you're running out of time!?

Your 'guarantees' never get old :lol:

This year has been a raging success considering and I bet it kills you :D

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Qld folk refer to other interstate Aussies as 'Mexicans'

South of the border.

The roll of turf was loaded into a very big semi...
The Qld border patrol will surely open it up in case there's 200-300 Vic stowaways...

Haha
Driver : "officer, I'm only carrying a roll of turf, honest"

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I don't know about Banana Benders and care even less but the turds in NSW have been calling God 's own people in the prison state 'Mexicans' for at least 55 years that I know of.
🤪😜😇

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:15pm I don't know about Banana Benders and care even less but the turds in NSW have been calling God 's own people in the prison state 'Mexicans' for at least 55 years that I know of.
🤪😜😇
In the 80's, my parents used to drive us north to Maryborough in Qld each Christmas to see our sister's family.
Driving through Brisvegas, filling up with fuel and getting food, folks saw the Vic rego plates and said...
But along the Newell Hwy, at each fuel/food stop, nobody used the word...maybe NSW country towns are different?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:29pm I think the GF should be played at the Gabba every 4 years and they should call it the Astersisk Cup. Seriously. Think about how successful this season has been. Some of the best quality footy ever seen in the history of the game. The winner could be awarded a cup that looks like a 3D Asterisk but when you move it around it starts to look like the COVID-19 viral symbol similar to how a hologram works.

Total exaggeration.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:59pm

Total exaggeration.
You say total exaggeration, I say marketing genius.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 16 Oct 2020 8:59pm

Total exaggeration.
Brilliant.

And your prize is an entire season of sitting between Todd and Russell where you can regale us all with your brand wank.

Regale us, darling, regale us... :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
1965 Saint
Club Player

I think I’m now going to puke. Next Saturday Cheatandnothingtoseeheremond will probably go and have a team wank in the goal square to get the G vibe. OMG!! Will SOMEONE please wack that Lynch c..t

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:08pm
Vortex wrote: Fri 16 Oct 2020 8:59pm

Total exaggeration.
Brilliant.

And your prize is an entire season of sitting between Todd and Russell where you can regale us all with your brand wank.

Regale us, darling, regale us... :D
Secret Vortex is the “vertical marketing” guru after all!

:D

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Never thought I’d say this but my loathing of cockchin and lynch has overridden not wanting dunginfield to ever make a GF. Lions winning tonight would be great but I fear Thugmond would beat them next week whereas Geebung would be a tougher opponent

Damned if you do as they say...

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote: Sat 17 Oct 2020 11:28am Never thought I’d say this but my loathing of cockchin and lynch has overridden not wanting dunginfield to ever make a GF. Lions winning tonight would be great but I fear Thugmond would beat them next week whereas Geebung would be a tougher opponent

Damned if you do as they say...
No lesser of two evils here. Both as rotten to their filthy core as each other,

Go Brissie, go.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Oh dear, did the AFL consult the indigenous owners of the MCG before stealing some of their grass.
Did the AFL consult the indigenous owners of the Gabba before invading their land with some grass from Melbourne.

What a woke joke.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sat 17 Oct 2020 8:27pm Oh dear, did the AFL consult the indigenous owners of the MCG before stealing some of their grass.
Did the AFL consult the indigenous owners of the Gabba before invading their land with some grass from Melbourne.

What a woke joke.
:roll:

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I hope they took out the piece of grass where the ball bounced the wrong way for Milney in the grannie.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
loris
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:15pm I don't know about Banana Benders and care even less but the turds in NSW have been calling God 's own people in the prison state 'Mexicans' for at least 55 years that I know of.
🤪😜😇
I can go back to the early 1950’s when my uncle who lived in Newcastle used to call us Mexican’s when our family would go visiting at Christmas holidays. I asked my Dad why he called us that, & he explained that we lived south of the NSW border. Then Uncle Sam would put this old vinyl record on the wind up gramophone and some nasal sounding cowboy would sing a song with the words............ south of the border down Mexico way, that’s where I fell in love as Stars came out to play....... or words to that effect.
I think it was a favourite hit of the late 1940’s or early 50’s.

So yes saynta Vic’s have been known as Mexican’s by those in NSW since Adam was in short pants!!

PS. I can remember now the cowboy who sang the song was Gene Autry. I think he was the singing cowboy star who came onto the silver screen after Tom Mix, before the other cowboy stars started to strut their stuff in the 1950’s & 60’s. eg., Roy Rogers, Hoppalong Cassidy.