Umpires and Collingwood and StKilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Umpires and Collingwood and StKilda

Collingwood need to win and look at the dream run they got last night 18-8. Six goals from free kicks in a game that was even in every stat.

Watch us get fingered Friday night as per the norm

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpires and Collingwood and StKilda

Not this time. GWS can't make it. Better they get a lower draft pick. Also their boys and some coaches have already packed. They just want 2020 to finish. The threat is our poor scoring power i.e. shooting ourselves in the foot again (how many toes do we have left); we are not good enough to be wasteful and are wasteful because we are not good enough. Can't see the AFL really wanting Melbourne to take our spot, they had a finals chance a couple of years ago and ruined ratings. Release the Butler! (And Roughy your coaching rep in in the spotlight, please come up with something).

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 8:42am Collingwood need to win and look at the dream run they got last night 18-8. Six goals from free kicks in a game that was even in every stat.

Not really sure what "fingered" actually means in relation to umpiring?
I looked it up but have chosen not to link Saintsationals favorite reference the URBAN DICTIONARY as I can't really see the umpires ...... well I'm not going to write it.

I found this on WIKI:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fingering ... accusation

Are you suggesting the umpires will be providing the saints with some type of hand stimulation, music lesson or identifying the saints as the subject fo a criminal investigation?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 9:27am
CURLY wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 8:42am Collingwood need to win and look at the dream run they got last night 18-8. Six goals from free kicks in a game that was even in every stat.

I looked it up but have chosen not to link Saintsationals favorite reference the URBAN DICTIONARY as I can't really see the umpires ...... well I'm not going to write it.

I found this on WIKI:

Are you suggesting the umpires will be providing the saints with some type of hand stimulation, music lesson or identifying the saints as the subject fo a criminal investigation?
I would like to get the same treatment Collingwood got last night. One minute in they had a free from a inside 50 tackle 30 out directly in front. 6 GOALS from frees in a close game.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 9:32am
Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 9:27am

I found this on WIKI:

I would like to get the same treatment Collingwood got last night. One minute in they had a free from a inside 50 tackle 30 out directly in front. 6 GOALS from frees in a close game.
OK, so fingered is being cheated against?
But you want them to cheat for us, not umpire fairly?

So what you are saying is cheating umpires are ok, as long as they only cheat for us.

Funny that the game is Friday and you're already moaning like a Banshee about the umpiring :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 9:40am Image
Yep, that decision to not pay the block against Maynard cost Collingwood the premiership.
Does that mean that WC are higher on the cheating for list than Collingwood?
Perhaps Curly can provide a matrix so we can understand how the AFL prioritizes the cheating register.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I love the fact that he's already whinging about the umpiring in a game that hasn't happened yet!

Yep, no pre-planned agenda at all :shock:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

To high against Maynard not paid.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 10:04am I love the fact that he's already whinging about the umpiring in a game that hasn't happened yet!

Yep, no pre-planned agenda at all :shock:
Last night was as blatant as you will see of umpires getting a team a win.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 9:47am
Yep, that decision to not pay the block against Maynard cost Collingwood the premiership.
Does that mean that WC are higher on the cheating for list than Collingwood?
Perhaps Curly can provide a matrix so we can understand how the AFL prioritizes the cheating register.
Maynard has his elbow in Rynas head

sks023
Club Player

Silly mistakes cost Gold Coast in a game they should have one

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Its amazing the Collingwood biased media runs with the Ryan blocked rather than Maynard got him high.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 10:40am
Its amazing the Collingwood biased media runs with the Ryan blocked rather than Maynard got him high.
It’s amazing the depth of your obsession.

amusingname
Club Player

Have you ever actually watched that game, or just seen that photo?

Also, that is not Liam Ryan.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 11:03am

Come on amusingname, don’t you understand that Curly “knows football” and understands the rules better than any umpire.

It’s simple, anything paid against StKilda is cheating and paid to us is evening the score or making up for the 5 they’d just missed.

Don’t rain on his parade of knowledge RE that free or who the player was, Curly “knows football” 😂😂😂

Let’s just go with the media conspiracy line, it can’t be that any of us may believe Maynard was blocked off the ball.

Don’t argue with Curly because he knows football along with cheating, conspiracy theories and has the best eyesight in Australia as he could tell beyond a doubt the Howard touched the Petracca goal - clear behind 😂😂😂😂

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 11:23am

Come on amusingname, don’t you understand that Curly “knows football” and understands the rules better than any umpire.

It’s simple, anything paid against StKilda is cheating and paid to us is evening the score or making up for the 5 they’d just missed.

Don’t rain on his parade of knowledge RE that free or who the player was, Curly “knows football” 😂😂😂

Let’s just go with the media conspiracy line, it can’t be that any of us may believe Maynard was blocked off the ball.

Don’t argue with Curly because he knows football along with cheating, conspiracy theories and has the best eyesight in Australia as he could tell beyond a doubt the Howard touched the Petracca goal - clear behind 😂😂😂😂
Does that not look high to you? Odd because he has his forearm in his head.

I don't think every free against StKilda is cheating that is just wrong. What I do know is that teams are umpired diffreantly as seen by the frees Collingwood were given last night.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 11:33am

I don't think every free against StKilda is cheating that is just wrong. What I do know is that teams are umpired diffreantly as seen by the frees Collingwood were given last night.
What’s just wrong is your 100% fundamentalism re this issue. Not even one time have I seen you go, “okay maybe I’m a bit one eyed”. Whatever scorn you receive on here, and it’s well deserved, is directly proportional to the intensity of your pig headedness about umpiring.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 11:45am

What’s just wrong is your 100% fundamentalism re this issue. Not even one time have I seen you go, “okay maybe I’m a bit one eyed”. Whatever scorn you receive on here, and it’s well deserved, is directly proportional to the intensity of your pig headedness about umpiring.

Just umpire correctly and be equal to all teams. We play the Eagles Oscar Allen receives what can only be described as a bulls*** soft and just ridiculous free and they goal. Ball comes out of the center Max King has two defenders holding and blocking no free. That is the issue. Collingwood have had over the double the free kicks in a close game and it wins them a important game. Having played over 400 games I know umpires take different mind sets in against certain teams. It's how it works.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 11:53am
st.byron wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 11:45am

Just umpire correctly and be equal to all teams. We play the Eagles Oscar Allen receives what can only be described as a bulls*** soft and just ridiculous free and they goal. Ball comes out of the center Max King has two defenders holding and blocking no free. That is the issue. Collingwood have had over the double the free kicks in a close game and it wins them a important game. Having played over 400 games I know umpires take different mind sets in against certain teams. It's how it works.
How can you be such a one eyed saint supporter if your name Brent Harvey, Michael Tuck, Dustin Fletcher or Kevin Bartlett?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 10:04am
So Maynard has eyes on the ball and Rioli who is watching maynard crashes into him and the free kick should have been paid to Rioli for too high?

Perhaps the front on vision will help you 400 gamer, stop the footage at 16 seconds and you'll see what really happens.
https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-coast ... b88976378z

Better be carfeul your stupidity is hanging out :lol:

Also great effort by Ryan to take the hanger kick to Sheed then double back and block Maynard.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 12:36pm
So Maynard has eyes on the ball and Rioli who is watching maynard crashes into him and the free kick should have been paid to Rioli for too high?

Perhaps the front on vision will help you 400 gamer, stop the footage at 16 seconds and you'll see what really happens.

Also great effort by Ryan to take the hanger kick to Sheed then double back and block Maynard.

Again Collingwood led the free kick count that game 17-13. Remember Howe being caught red handed in the goal square only for it to be called for a ball up.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 12:39pm

Again Collingwood led the free kick count that game 17-13. Remember Howe being caught red handed in the goal square only for it to be called for a ball up.
Don't change the subject 400 gamer, look at the front on footage and support your statement that the free kick should have gone to Ryan (who is actually Rioli).

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 12:42pm
CURLY wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2020 12:39pm

Don't change the subject 400 gamer, look at the front on footage and support your statement that the free kick should have gone to Ryan (who is actually Rioli).

Yep Rioli my mistake. Free 100% to Maynard or is Rioli holding the space for the drop zone which he can do and is allowed to do. As Sheed was in front of both why did Maynard go at Rioli and not Sheed?

Was Sneider having his jumper pulled while running onto a loose ball on 2009 a free? Umpire had clear view whistle to mouth but why no free?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Statistically GWS are one of the worst off for frees for and bad for free against. Umpires wont be an excuse...