What was that?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

What was that?

Finals on offer after goodness knows how long in the desert and the Club dishes that rubbish up against a mediocre opposition with one match winner.

- Giving Hill the ball is not helping: there is a difference between a sweet style and effectiveness. His ineffectiveness is aesthetically good but is stuffing us up. Stop giving him the ball, if he wants it let him get it.

- Billings is embarrassing himself. Confidence shot, drop to the scratch team games to rehabilitate. Our two wings are impotent in regards to scoring assists.

- mids and forwards play dumb, dumb football. If footy smarts can't be coached into some, and that seems to be the case, drop them. If its too complex to absorb the concept of advancing the ball to advantage then become a security guard.

- Hind and Kent are not luxuries and at any price we cannot afford them. They are dining out on rare good performances and proving they were exceptions to their standard ability level.

- Jarryn. Really. Disappointing on several levels. You need to take a long hard look at what's best for the team.

- Ratts you were out coached by a panel that has serious input from AR. Think about that.

- If close living is making it too difficult to make hard selection choices then delegate it back to people in Melbourne and they can Zoom the ommittees. And there has to be a handful now, doesn't there.

- Phillips is good, persevere. Sinclair looked good at some clearances. Current mids set up has failed. Time for thinking outside the centre square.

- Zac Jones has limitations. Suggest you consider him as a half forward.

You know supporters deserve better than what's been dished up over the last month: too complacent after some big scalps, unable to evolve when hunted, too use to failure and can't handle the big time opportunities? What.

I used to look forward to Ratts message post game. I hope he really dishes on certain "passengers" and promises wholesale changes. Nothing to lose now Ratts because current methodology is going to see us fade from the eight in sad fashion. Please don't inform me delivery forward was poor, we got that.

- support staff, in case you missed it, resting Clark was either a mistake or he came back too early. I suppose if one thing is going well, and he was, coaches just have to tinker to show how clever they are. And I think they have.

Would appreciate Forums' thoughts in the stark light of day afterness. Apologies for unconcealed anger and frustration. Gol'darn it, Melbourne, it was just Melbourne, you had one job.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Re: What was that?

30 inside 50 for Dees is really not very many.

Jones has been a big win this year, I don't really understand the knock on him, seems to be able to get the ball and to our advantage.

We kick a couple of those goals early and we win.

Dees were accurate and converted limited chances.

We squandered so many of our entries.

Sinclair was good, Hill was good.

Forward line was poor.

Nee!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Shane Grambeau’s expert scoring of your comments x/5.
Yorkeys wrote: Sun 30 Aug 2020 12:51pm Finals on offer after goodness knows how long in the desert and the Club dishes that rubbish up against a mediocre opposition with one match winner.
3/5 we tried

- Giving Hill the ball is not helping: there is a difference between a sweet style and effectiveness. His ineffectiveness is aesthetically good but is stuffing us up. Stop giving him the ball, if he wants it let him get it.
0/5
Totally disagree. Hill good.

- Billings is embarrassing himself. Confidence shot, drop to the scratch team games to rehabilitate. Our two wings are impotent in regards to scoring assists.

2/5 disagree. He’s never been a consistent performer. We know that. Dropping doesn’t make home better. Key is to use him as a play maker or decoy.

- mids and forwards play dumb, dumb football. If footy smarts can't be coached into some, and that seems to be the case, drop them. If its too complex to absorb the concept of advancing the ball to advantage then become a security guard.

3/5
They were looking sharp a month ago. Lack class under pressure now? Dunstan, Hanners, Gresh please.

- Hind and Kent are not luxuries and at any price we cannot afford them. They are dining out on rare good performances and proving they were exceptions to their standard ability level.

4/5
Cut Kent or swap for Parker, but both like tasty entrees. Where is he main course? Hind, dunno.

- Jarryn. Really. Disappointing on several levels. You need to take a long hard look at what's best for the team.
5/5
Pay respects. He’ll step down. 200 games. Warrior.

- Ratts you were out coached by a panel that has serious input from AR. Think about that.
5/5

- If close living is making it too difficult to make hard selection choices then delegate it back to people in Melbourne and they can Zoom the ommittees. And there has to be a handful now, doesn't there.

4/5
Tend to agree. Melbourne made six changes. We had lost two of the last three, and some sketchy wins before.

- Phillips is good, persevere. Sinclair looked good at some clearances. Current mids set up has failed. Time for thinking outside the centre square.
3/5
I doubted Philips last year. Thought he was like a DMac, but I really don’t know. SG has seen few games. Sinclair. I am a fan. He has class and strength. I know he is regularly knocked here. But I gong think he’s a Newnes or Weller.

3/5
We haven’t got the hardware yet with injury. Meantime, he’s like a little tank but doesn’t have the finger skills like a Hill or Winmar obviously. About the same as a Ross. Simply, we don’t have the choices.

You know supporters deserve better than what's been dished up over the last month: too complacent after some big scalps, unable to evolve when hunted, too use to failure and can't handle the big time opportunities? What.
5/5

I used to look forward to Ratts message post game. I hope he really dishes on certain "passengers" and promises wholesale changes. Nothing to lose now Ratts because current methodology is going to see us fade from the eight in sad fashion. Please don't inform me delivery forward was poor, we got that.
2/5
Yeah...。I hope Ratts is showing them who is boss. Just because Hardwick and Bucks got torn down for an autocratic style and ‘changed’ and became successful, doesn’t mean it has to be a new MO for us.

- support staff, in case you missed it, resting Clark was either a mistake or he came back too early. I suppose if one thing is going well, and he was, coaches just have to tinker to show how clever they are. And I think they have.
4/5
Worried.

Would appreciate Forums' thoughts in the stark light of day afterness. Apologies for unconcealed anger and frustration. Gol'darn it, Melbourne, it was just Melbourne, you had one job.
500/5

No problems from me. Feel the same way. Yesterday, I was irritated all day. It is 37 degrees in my city. There is no lockdown, but people are not traveling for the summer, so they crowd into town, frustrated, anyway. Everyone wants to get out. Too much coffee, I tried to swim laps, they turned off the timer midway....totally pissed off. Then watched the Saints go down. Most disappointing loss for the year. North and Freo I am like, WTF? Collingwood and Geelong, whatever. Brisbane we were lucky to be close. Flattered. This game, a total mind f#¥k. We knew. We should have been prepared. Damn.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 30 Aug 2020 2:23pm Shane Grambeau’s expert scoring of your comments x/5.
Yorkeys wrote: Sun 30 Aug 2020 12:51pm Finals on offer after goodness knows how long in the desert and the Club dishes that rubbish up against a mediocre opposition with one match winner.
3/5 we tried

0/5
Totally disagree. Hill good.

2/5 disagree. He’s never been a consistent performer. We know that. Dropping doesn’t make home better. Key is to use him as a play maker or decoy.

3/5
They were looking sharp a month ago. Lack class under pressure now? Dunstan, Hanners, Gresh please.

4/5
Cut Kent or swap for Parker, but both like tasty entrees. Where is he main course? Hind, dunno.

5/5
Pay respects. He’ll step down. 200 games. Warrior.

5/5

4/5
Tend to agree. Melbourne made six changes. We had lost two of the last three, and some sketchy wins before.

3/5
I doubted Philips last year. Thought he was like a DMac, but I really don’t know. SG has seen few games. Sinclair. I am a fan. He has class and strength. I know he is regularly knocked here. But I gong think he’s a Newnes or Weller.

3/5
We haven’t got the hardware yet with injury. Meantime, he’s like a little tank but doesn’t have the finger skills like a Hill or Winmar obviously. About the same as a Ross. Simply, we don’t have the choices.

5/5

2/5
Yeah...。I hope Ratts is showing them who is boss. Just because Hardwick and Bucks got torn down for an autocratic style and ‘changed’ and became successful, doesn’t mean it has to be a new MO for us.

4/5
Worried.

500/5

No problems from me. Feel the same way. Yesterday, I was irritated all day. It is 37 degrees in my city. There is no lockdown, but people are not traveling for the summer, so they crowd into town, frustrated, anyway. Everyone wants to get out. Too much coffee, I tried to swim laps, they turned off the timer midway....totally pissed off. Then watched the Saints go down. Most disappointing loss for the year. North and Freo I am like, WTF? Collingwood and Geelong, whatever. Brisbane we were lucky to be close. Flattered. This game, a total mind f#¥k. We knew. We should have been prepared. Damn.
Yeah mate had so much too gain with a win but now where back to the pack with a pretty tough run home very disappointing :cry: