Sinclair - WTF was that

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair - WTF was that

Feels like that was hands down the worst game I’ve seen a Saint play for a while

Cost us a certain goal in the first against the run when he missed a 30m chip pass forward
Frequently sat alongside the contest not even shepherding to help his team mates one on one to get the ball
Went missing for large periods having 4 disposals to 3/4 time

Then with 30s on the clock, rushing the ball forward from the backline, he kicks it to a contest at the boundary line

Have really enjoyed his form mostly since he’s comeback but damn he has undone any good will IMO.

On that performance, drop him and let Savage have a crack as a midfielder because we know Shane will at least attack the contest.

Really hated that performance. IMO worst on ground by a long way... not even just ineffective, actively harmful.

Kid will bounce back but make a statement about what’s acceptable

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sinclair - WTF was that

Well I didn't think he was that bad.

He needs to get more of it though to justify a spot ahead of Phillips let alone Gresham and Hannaberry

Nee!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair was very good in the last quarter.

But yes first 3 was not that good. He does not seem to play that well behind the ball.

Clark back next game and so Sinclair can go back to playing mid/hff which is where he played in the last quarter.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 23 Aug 2020 9:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Not in the bottom 5 today. Had some impact when he got the ball. Took the game on which is more than can be said about others who were playing it safe.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

See this is what I love about this place...

Going to have to go back and watch the tape because with the exception of a few players that didn’t get into the game at all, was certain of that critique

Rocket
Club Player

Agree, he sat back today and didn’t put his body on the line for the majority of the game.

I think we need Roberton in to give us some composure. Clark into the middle. I’d rather Savage than Sinclair based on today’s effort.

I make 3 changes
- Roberton, Clark and Savage IN
- Hind, Bytel and Sinclair OUT

saintkev
Club Player

Rocket wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 9:11pm Agree, he sat back today and didn’t put his body on the line for the majority of the game.

I think we need Roberton in to give us some composure. Clark into the middle. I’d rather Savage than Sinclair based on today’s effort.

I make 3 changes
- Roberton, Clark and Savage IN
- Hind, Bytel and Sinclair OUT
Add Carlisle and Hill to make a statement about expected endeavour and hardness.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think ppl are very harsh on Hill... we’d have lost badly without him

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 8:19pm...

Then with 30s on the clock, rushing the ball forward from the backline, he kicks it to a contest at the boundary line

Before that, he was involved in another stuff up with Ben Paton. Ben passed to him but it was a poor kick and it didn't carry, so he had to get rid of it and chose to handball to Ben who has three on him and was caught. Unfortunately, they are both as weak as water and could never break a tackle. When they get a mark on the backline, they both never really seem to know what to do, and wait so long that play on is called and they then have to kick in a rush.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I think Sinclair got stuck in between playing that inside midfield role which he has played at times and an outside role. He seemed to get to plenty of contests but was ineffectual - I wonder if the coaching instructions had him confused. If it wasnt his place in the side should be jeopardy....

saynta
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 8:45pm Well I didn't think he was that bad.

He needs to get more of it though to justify a spot ahead of Phillips let alone Gresham and Hannaberry
No, and neither did the coach. Mentioned the 4 times in the last quarter where Sincs drove the ball forward.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

If he was playing on the wing these days it is a bit of a unique position.

A lot of the role is about guarding grass with a very low likelihood of getting possession.

Thought his last qtr had some very good moments.

Would be dropping Hind before him on yesterday's performance

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 8:19pm Feels like that was hands down the worst game I’ve seen a Saint play for a while

Cost us a certain goal in the first against the run when he missed a 30m chip pass forward
Frequently sat alongside the contest not even shepherding to help his team mates one on one to get the ball
Went missing for large periods having 4 disposals to 3/4 time

Have really enjoyed his form mostly since he’s comeback but damn he has undone any good will IMO.

On that performance, drop him and let Savage have a crack as a midfielder because we know Shane will at least attack the contest.

Really hated that performance. IMO worst on ground by a long way... not even just ineffective, actively harmful.

Kid will bounce back but make a statement about what’s acceptable
Surely upon reflection you'd replace Sinclair's name with King, he's floundering at present wouldn't you agree.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Joking, swear Sinclair is a master at milking for SuperCoach.
Think his game yesterday was only fair then bang, top 5 SC on the back of 11 possessions. Was rated as Champion Data 'Elite' couple of years ago.