Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

longtimesaint wrote: Dal is a star and we will continue to receive great service for at least 3 more years.
He would need to step up from this year

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

matrix wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Saints would be mad to include any player in a deal for Dal. SHould insist he is taken as an uncontracted player, thereby insuring a compensation pick, hopefully 4.
we wish bb
geez if we get 4 i will cartwheel around the yard with nothing but socks on
3 of them
8-)
What would you trade for Delaney then? Say, give them pick 22? If they decide to pay over the top amounts for Dal giving us pick 4 (wont happen but hell, its fun to speculate)?

That would mean;

Saints get pick 4, Delaney
Saints lose pick 22, Dal Santo.

Still would prefer to keep that pick 22 for a Dumont type or whoever may slide (Sheed, Acres, Dunstan etc)

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
matrix wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Saints would be mad to include any player in a deal for Dal. SHould insist he is taken as an uncontracted player, thereby insuring a compensation pick, hopefully 4.
we wish bb
geez if we get 4 i will cartwheel around the yard with nothing but socks on
3 of them
8-)
What would you trade for Delaney then? Say, give them pick 22? If they decide to pay over the top amounts for Dal giving us pick 4 (wont happen but hell, its fun to speculate)?

That would mean;

Saints get pick 4, Delaney
Saints lose pick 22, Dal Santo.

Still would prefer to keep that pick 22 for a Dumont type or whoever may slide (Sheed, Acres, Dunstan etc)

If we give pick 22 for Delaney I will spew up. He should just be a pre season pick at best.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

If we give pick 22 for Delaney I will spew up. He should just be a pre season pick at best.[/quote]

I don't think he will cost pick 22 or we will have paid massive overs but probably worth more than a preseason pick prob a 3 rd round pick.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If we give pick 22 for Delaney I will spew up. He should just be a pre season pick at best.
I don't think he will cost pick 22 or we will have paid massive overs but probably worth more than a preseason pick prob a 3 rd round pick.[/quote]

Clearly he isn't not worth anywhere near that pick, but big picture thinking would mean we overpay on Delaney to get Norf to overpay for Dal and give us pick 4.

Its like we give up pick 22ish and Dal for Delaney and pick 4, or we trade Dal for pick 26ish and Delaney. I know which I'd prefer despite looking ugly on paper...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I don't think he will cost pick 22 or we will have paid massive overs but probably worth more than a preseason pick prob a 3 rd round pick.
Clearly he isn't not worth anywhere near that pick, but big picture thinking would mean we overpay on Delaney to get Norf to overpay for Dal and give us pick 4.

Its like we give up pick 22ish and Dal for Delaney and pick 4, or we trade Dal for pick 26ish and Delaney. I know which I'd prefer despite looking ugly on paper...[/quote]

If we were to get pick 4 it has nothing to do with North. It is the AFL who give you that pick and we arent going to get that pick anyway.

noob
Club Player

Delaney is a hack who can't even get a game ahead of Firrito.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

How does us doing something retarded by giving up pick 22 for delaney make the afl compensate us with pick 4?
i dont see how they are linked.
delaney is worth about pick 50 and dal would get pick 20 compo.
the two arent connected.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Is Delaney better than Brown?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Megamaguire
Club Player

"If we give pick 22 for Delaney I will spew up. He should just be a pre season pick at best'.

Seconded. Pick 22 has the potential to land St.Kilda a darn good player if we have done our home work !

The momentum gained from a good choice at Pick#3 and followed up with a genuinely great 2nd. pick @ #22 would be worth far more than losing our 2nd. pick for Norf's cast offs!. No harm to Delaney and l hope we get him over for less cost.

If we have put together an impressive young list on the up we shouldn't have much trouble coaxing over genuinely good and experienced KP backmen.

G O S A I N T S!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
FQF
SS Life Member

This is from an unofficial afl news twitter account. Take it for what it's worth.

The Saints should prosper this trade period, with Luke Delaney already being offered a three-year deal to cross to Seaford. He, and GWS defender Josh Bruce - who has also finger-pointed the Saints as a new club he wants to be traded to, could hold down the fort in defence for the next decade, with a few little additions here and there. Pick 3 should land the Saints an elite talent, set to be either James Aish or Josh Kelly. Sam Fisher could be headed north to GWS, and he could become part of a trade that gets Bruce to the Saints. Nick Dal Santo could be headed to North Melbourne, and he is growing tired of St Kilda's reluctance to provide transparency as to whether or not they want him, or not. Dal is most likely to end up at North Melbourne, and could be another player who could provide a pathway into luring other talent to the club. The Saints have also shown interest in delisted Fremantle defender, Peter Faulks who would complete a defensive overhaul at the Saints, locking in two key defenders and a third tall. The Saints have also taken a strong look at the delisted free agent pool, in the hope of snapping up some talent. Marcus Davies will under go a medical at St Kilda this week as will Joel Wilkerson and Maverick Weller.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote: The Saints have also shown interest in delisted Fremantle defender, Peter Faulks who would complete a defensive overhaul at the Saints, locking in two key defenders and a third tall.
Article below on Faulks from July this year

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2013 ... -direction

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:This is from an unofficial afl news twitter account. Take it for what it's worth.

The Saints should prosper this trade period, with Luke Delaney already being offered a three-year deal to cross to Seaford. He, and GWS defender Josh Bruce - who has also finger-pointed the Saints as a new club he wants to be traded to, could hold down the fort in defence for the next decade, with a few little additions here and there. Pick 3 should land the Saints an elite talent, set to be either James Aish or Josh Kelly. Sam Fisher could be headed north to GWS, and he could become part of a trade that gets Bruce to the Saints. Nick Dal Santo could be headed to North Melbourne, and he is growing tired of St Kilda's reluctance to provide transparency as to whether or not they want him, or not. Dal is most likely to end up at North Melbourne, and could be another player who could provide a pathway into luring other talent to the club. The Saints have also shown interest in delisted Fremantle defender, Peter Faulks who would complete a defensive overhaul at the Saints, locking in two key defenders and a third tall. The Saints have also taken a strong look at the delisted free agent pool, in the hope of snapping up some talent. Marcus Davies will under go a medical at St Kilda this week as will Joel Wilkerson and Maverick Weller.

Plugger will have an conniption.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
FQF wrote:This is from an unofficial afl news twitter account. Take it for what it's worth.

I couldnt type as I was lying on the floor shaking in disbelief.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Interesting that all the mentioned players have mostly played defence - don't we already have a plethora of these type of players. One thing they do have is they are mature aggressive big bodies excluding Faulks.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

This backmen overreaction is the biggest wank of all time.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

i would take weller if he drops the tickets he has on himself...

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I couldnt type as I was lying on the floor shaking in disbelief.
Or from one too many vb's...
Sorry, couldn't resist.... :lol:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:This backmen overreaction is the biggest wank of all time.
I hope they're just keeping their options open this year, to avoid being held over a barrel by the club with the guy we really want, as happened last year. Faulks especially couldn't possibly be a real option, could he? He's 192cm, we've got a ton of those guys. And Marcus Davies is barely AFL standard from what I've seen.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i have nfi but is guy faulkes any better than simpkin ?
and isnt his name wilkinson ?
who is wilkerson ?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

noob wrote:Delaney is a hack who can't even get a game ahead of Firrito.
Game, set, match.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:This backmen overreaction is the biggest wank of all time.
Agreed - we look like we are desperately clutching at anyone who has played in defence just to appease the perception of a weak backline

Faulks.. FFS .. I can't see how he possibly improves our list

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: NDS "...he is growing tired of St Kilda's reluctance to provide transparency as to whether or not they want him, or not".

Not being a professional sportsperson...does this sort of situation ever actually occur? I know Schnieder reported he went on holidays and got the call he was to be a Saints player next season, Russell Morris was literally told to clear out his locker and head to Glenferrie, but is it more likely that the club has sat down with NDS and said, "We've got a plan, this is how we're going to play it, are you happy to sit tight and play along?". Are players really in the dark to this extent in a professional sporting club?

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Oh for Faulks sake

noddy
Club Player

Hey guys what about Greenwood? It's mentioned in the North Melbourne section of the same page that we are one of the clubs interested in him.

Greenwood (NM): 24, 52 games, 181cm 85kgs. He's played six games this year and averaged 21.8 disposals. We can trade Dal Santo for a second round pick + Delaney + Greenwood.

Image In Richo we trust.