I'm torn...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm torn...

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Wouldn't it be great if we finished 9th this year. It would mean we won about 8 out of our last 11. 8th would be even better but that would mean probably 9 of our last 11. You never know. Im not sure if we know the draft order yet either. If we do I doubt we are good enough for our club to arrange an order anyway. If we are that good we may as well try to win them all.
Club recruiters have been watching these kids for years. Our recruiters have a shortlist of guys to take with our first pick that they expect to be in our draft range.

Yes I know but they wouldn't have an order yet. If they do that would be ordinary. It would change weekly or at least monthly.
The club has regular recruiting meetings and a rolling draft ranking would be apart of that IMO (don't know for sure). I heard WC's recruitment boss the other day and he said he has a three hour meeting specifically on recruitment once a month, which includes the head coach. They don't just start the process in the draft year.
And that makes sense
Unlike a few on here who dont grasp the concept, list planning is a long game that is years out in the making.....its not just a Sunday night to Sunday night type thing...
Im also convinced that come the pointy end of the year this list strategy comes into sharper focus and clubs out of the official running have a very clear eye on whose is likely to go where in the draft...and what pick is likely to come their way and if that means some guns need to go in for ops early or some kids need a run or some need to try a new position.....thatd be the time this type thinking gets a run...

“Yeah….nah””
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Wouldn't it be great if we finished 9th this year. It would mean we won about 8 out of our last 11. 8th would be even better but that would mean probably 9 of our last 11. You never know. Im not sure if we know the draft order yet either. If we do I doubt we are good enough for our club to arrange an order anyway. If we are that good we may as well try to win them all.
Club recruiters have been watching these kids for years. Our recruiters have a shortlist of guys to take with our first pick that they expect to be in our draft range.

Yes I know but they wouldn't have an order yet. If they do that would be ordinary. It would change weekly or at least monthly.
The club has regular recruiting meetings and a rolling draft ranking would be apart of that IMO (don't know for sure). I heard WC's recruitment boss the other day and he said he has a three hour meeting specifically on recruitment once a month, which includes the head coach. They don't just start the process in the draft year.

I know that also. And the order would change all the time. I know 16 and 17 year olds that have already spoken to AFL clubs and they cant be drafted for one or two more years.
Clubs would now have a pretty good idea who they rank in that top bracket and that won't likely change a great deal unless one gets a serious injury or a guy like Bont comes from nowhere. Sure the order may change a little but I wouldn't expect much. Example, last year I reckon we had 2, max 3 we were looking at with our first pick. Given we will finish a bit higher on the ladder I assume our shortlist includes a few more guys.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Yep.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

After trade period the top end of the draft is pretty much known. Recruiters are real pros these days and most are on the same page with regards to the elite talents. The recruiters make their money with later picks and the rookie draft (Lonie, Sinclair, Steven).

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Inside footy has a bit on which talls the LIons might draft. Josh Schache is the son of Laurie who played for the bears in the early 90s.

Josh is a 199cm left footer who has kicked 17 goals in the first 4 under 18 championship games. According to the author he looms as thepotential no1 pick.

Murray Weideman's grandson Sam is also highly rated

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I'm torn...

saynta wrote:Inside footy has a bit on which talls the LIons might draft. Josh Schache is the son of Laurie who played for the bears in the early 90s.

Josh is a 199cm left footer who has kicked 17 goals in the first 4 under 18 championship games. According to the author he looms as thepotential no1 pick.

Murray Weideman's grandson Sam is also highly rated
Schache along with Weitering and Francis has solidified himself as a top 3 lock unless something drastic happens. After the top 3 it becomes a little unclear. I'm assuming Parish goes at 4 unless there's a bolter. Weideman will probably go closer to pick 10-20 at this stage.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

“There are always two sides to the story, but without saying too much, they knew the compensation pick they were going to get for me, and they were making it difficult for me to stay.”

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/bre ... 7249896110

Compensation picks , Priority picks , Draft picks
....thank god for List Managers.
...maybe bj will come back.
... his 4 years must be up soon.
... does seem to be / could there really be some whisps of 'smoke' around on this issue
(see Easterns post in the Injectors thread)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.