I'm torn...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Austinnn
Club Player

Re: I'm torn...

Modern football: scores tied, 25mins 4th quarter, thousands of empty seats at the stadium, a boy watching on TV, screaming at St Nick or anyone to kick a winning Saints goal, his father sat at the computer looking at a list of names. His Saints scarf stuffed in a drawer somewhere.

Leigh Montagna kicks the sealer. The small crowd go mental, Alan Richardson briefly goes mental, the boy watching on tv goes mental, his dad smiles at his boy's delight but inside, his heart is breaking. He turns back to his list of names. He sighs forlornly. He stays on the computer working out the percentages and building a phantom squad from names in the list. Its not his job, but he does it anyway, all day, every day. His son has gone off to play kick to kick in the park with his uncle. Stupid emotional game. Don't know why I bother. The man turns back to his screen.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:yea , its strange how we go so hard on each other.
... happened from / after the sacking of gt imo.
Split us into two camps 'n we've never really recovered the happy family vibe.
Agree with that

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Happy to answer you question though unlike you. We cant get a PP this year because it isn't extraordinary circumstances.
Correct, highly unlikely we will get a PP this year.

plugger66 wrote:As for Parish I don't know a thing about him but can you tell already what pick number he is? Considering you know nothing about the AFL that would be an amazing achievement.
Sliky mid with a lot of skill and a bit of toe. As for where he will be picked, well some had him as high as No.1 others like Terry Wallace had him going @ No.11.

If we have say pick four we are in with a great chance of getting Parish or Tucker as it is thought that Carlton, GC and the Lions may go for the quality talls in the draft and both Tucker and parish may slide.

A bit like Buddy sliding to No.5 (and the Tigers with a better pick taking that champion Tambling).
Top three at the moment, in order are, according to some experts:

1. Josh Schache
2. Jacob Weltering
3. Aaron Francis

So, we should still be able to draft one of Tucker or Parish, should the powers that be so desire.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

1. Weitering
2. Francis
3. Schache
4. Parish
5. Mathieson
6. Partington
7. Ah Chee
8. Balic
9. Curnow
10. Tucker

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:1. Weitering
2. Francis
3. Schache
4. Parish
5. Mathieson
6. Partington
7. Ah Chee
8. Balic
9. Curnow
10. Tucker
Balic is going to be good. That I do know.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

2. Francis
3. Schache
4. Parish
5. Mathieson
6. Partington
7. Ah Chee
8. Balic
9. Curnow
10. Tucker
According to Brett Anderson in this weeks inside footy, Schache's current form has him now at no 1.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Balic is a nice player but a bit on the slow side. Can find the footy tho

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
2. Francis
3. Schache
4. Parish
5. Mathieson
6. Partington
7. Ah Chee
8. Balic
9. Curnow
10. Tucker
According to Brett Anderson in this weeks inside footy, Schache's current form has him now at no 1.
Wouldn't surprise me he's kicked 13 the last fortnight. I reckon Weitering has him covered though. Already had games against afl players with the academy. He embarrassed Daw and Watson (Carlton). He's the only guy I would take before Parish.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
saynta wrote:
2. Francis
3. Schache
4. Parish
5. Mathieson
6. Partington
7. Ah Chee
8. Balic
9. Curnow
10. Tucker
Wouldn't surprise me he's kicked 13 the last fortnight. I reckon Weitering has him covered though. Already had games against afl players with the academy. He embarrassed Daw and Watson (Carlton). He's the only guy I would take before Parish.
Carlton or Brissie would love to have any of the top key position players I suspect.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Beautifully worded drivel that avoids my previous post completely (which tells me you may just have finally gotten hold the concept).

Your a tad dull upstairs (except when denigrating women), by golly I think the boys finally got it!!
Must say I didn't get to read it all but I'm sure it's same type drivel to avoid a serious discussion that you don't get anyway !

Drivel but didn't read it. You cant even remember what you type in the one post. What hope do you have in a thread going over 30 pages. And please don't lie about denigrating women. Probably sums up your ability to actually think and type in the one decade. Its really sad. Anyway I hope we beat the WB.What about you teffers? Do you want to win that game?

Funny that man can argue about draft picks for 30 pages and doesn't even know how the priority pick works now. God help him. Well anyone help him. Please.
What kind of a fool suggests we learn about the priority pick process only to confess later in the same thread that it's an AFL discretion thing completely???? Where's the process to learn gumby?
That aside riddle me this bat girl
Are you happy to win 1 extra game even if that mean missing out on a gun like Parish AND the AFL DISCRETION of a priority pick ???
FWIW - I don't need to read your posts to know they're drivel.... theyre usually the same collection of confused, incoherent, uneducated thoughts that falsify what people have said. You have form, it's boring, predictable form but form nonetheless

For the record I think women add enormously to our education system and I would never over simplify and generalise that contribution at the risk of trivialising that contribution.
Such a shame for this to occur on an interest forum from someone preaching courage...
The personal stuff again teffers. Its all very sad. With PP I know the rules and said them, you even asked if its about the amount of wins a side has. Hilarious especially when you are trying to argue for better draft picks.

People have your MO teffers. When beaten you lie. Its that simple. Its also pathetic. You lack courage to answer basic questions and lack the ability to discuss things without the personal stuff. And your opinion changes even in the one thread. Its all very disappointing for your family. Was going to say friends but that would be a lie and I don't want to start what you cant stop.

Happy to answer you question though unlike you. We cant get a PP this year because it isn't extraordinary circumstances. As for Parish I don't know a thing about him but can you tell already what pick number he is? Considering you know nothing about the AFL that would be an amazing achievement.
You didnt answer my question Pluggs?
What happened to SS resident 'courage king' ?? not very courageous....but then those denigrating womens involvement in education hardly smacks of courage now does it?

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Lies teffers. Answered the question and didn't denigrate womens involvement in education. Pity you have sunk that low.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
saynta wrote:
2. Francis
3. Schache
4. Parish
5. Mathieson
6. Partington
7. Ah Chee
8. Balic
9. Curnow
10. Tucker
We desperately need midfield class.
Sounds like Parish has that
OM - does Parish have a similar style to anyone?

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Lies teffers. Answered the question and didn't denigrate womens involvement in education. Pity you have sunk that low.
Its terrible when posters sink to those depths.
Its even when worse when those depths are based on fact.
As for the lies bit....pot....kettle.....hypocrit? youve been getting away with that little ploy for years but I get a sense you dont like a taste of your own meds?

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I hope is we win this next game against the WB. Hopefully we keep winning. I want the club and the majority of supporters to feel good next Saturday night. If we get pick 10 because we keep winning that would be great. I just hope we finish as high as possible. I haven't heard any draft expert have players in exactly the same position and I haven't heard the Saints say they want a certain player. I trust our recruiters to do a good job wherever we finish. I think our best first year players this year have been Lonie and Sinclair. Could have got them even if we won the flag. Easte of energy hoping we will lose for some imaginary pick that may or may not amount to anything. I will leave that for those who want to fast forward this season. I want to watch and hopefully keep enjoying all our wins.

Go saints. Keep winning.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Modern football: scores tied, 25mins 4th quarter, thousands of empty seats at the stadium, a boy watching on TV, screaming at St Nick or anyone to kick a winning Saints goal, his father sat at the computer looking at a list of names. His Saints scarf stuffed in a drawer somewhere.

Leigh Montagna kicks the sealer. The small crowd go mental, Alan Richardson briefly goes mental, the boy watching on tv goes mental, his dad smiles at his boy's delight but inside, his heart is breaking. He turns back to his list of names. He sighs forlornly. He stays on the computer working out the percentages and building a phantom squad from names in the list. Its not his job, but he does it anyway, all day, every day. His son has gone off to play kick to kick in the park with his uncle. Stupid emotional game. Don't know why I bother. The man turns back to his screen.
Where did this dreamer come from?
Anyway, I thought you'd had your last word on this topic 4 posts back???

Heres my nightmare:

Draft day......Saints mad family gather round the TV ready to tuck into a bucket of KFC, licking their fingers and their lips at the prospect of Darcy Parish joining the club to help elevate a midfield that sorely needs A Grade talent......Saints have pick 6 after an beating the full compliment of lower ladder contenders to ensure all fans had a great sunday night. Draft names are being out called and Parish has not been named yet as the other battlers go for the taller options early....the exciting AFL CEO calls out the next number....'Pick No 5....Essendon Football Club.....' ........'Player number 6543287673"""67 - Darcy Parish'.......the Saints family are stunned......dad hurls a chicken drumstick at the TV, mum sobs into her apron (cause thats what women wear in 2015 according to some male chauvinistic attitudes......), while little Tommy looks up at his dad with tear stained eyes and says.....'1 more lousy win daddy.....why did we have to beat Melbourne a second time......now we have lost our best chance to secure a gun....' His father looks on forlornly and replies.......'I dont know son......but you can forget that flag we've dreamed of cause we'll be long dead from clogged arteries from eating all this fatty chicken AND the Saints will be destined to finish 9th with a side just not quite good enough for some time to come............'

“Yeah….nah””
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
saynta wrote:
2. Francis
3. Schache
4. Parish
5. Mathieson
6. Partington
7. Ah Chee
8. Balic
9. Curnow
10. Tucker
He's a metres-gained type player. Gets the ball, takes a run and hits a target. A bit like Joey Montagna but with a more developed inside game at the same age. More inside receiver like Steven where he will get given the footy in tight and break away from the congestion. He's quick, agile, skilful and a one-touch player. In the junior comps he really influences games. Will be a beauty.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't it be great if we finished 9th this year. It would mean we won about 8 out of our last 11. 8th would be even better but that would mean probably 9 of our last 11. You never know. Im not sure if we know the draft order yet either. If we do I doubt we are good enough for our club to arrange an order anyway. If we are that good we may as well try to win them all.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I hope is we win this next game against the WB. Hopefully we keep winning. I want the club and the majority of supporters to feel good next Saturday night. If we get pick 10 because we keep winning that would be great. I just hope we finish as high as possible. I haven't heard any draft expert have players in exactly the same position and I haven't heard the Saints say they want a certain player. I trust our recruiters to do a good job wherever we finish. I think our best first year players this year have been Lonie and Sinclair. Could have got them even if we won the flag. Easte of energy hoping we will lose for some imaginary pick that may or may not amount to anything. I will leave that for those who want to fast forward this season. I want to watch and hopefully keep enjoying all our wins.

Go saints. Keep winning.
Did he answer my previous question??????

nup.

courage personified.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
saynta wrote:
2. Francis
3. Schache
4. Parish
5. Mathieson
6. Partington
7. Ah Chee
8. Balic
9. Curnow
10. Tucker
He's a metres-gained type player. Gets the ball, takes a run and hits a target. A bit like Joey Montagna but with a more developed inside game at the same age. More inside receiver like Steven where he will get given the footy in tight and break away from the congestion. He's quick, agile, skilful and a one-touch player. In the junior comps he really influences games. Will be a beauty.
Thanks mate
Can he hit the score board?
One thing Id love is for a genuine goal kicking mid in our line up.....we've not had that many over the years

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Its going to be a tough game next week but all the positive news lately is down to one thing and that is we are winning games. Just listen to SEN over the last few days. All positive. If we were bottom again we would be getting the Blues type news. All negative. Keep winning saints.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Wouldn't it be great if we finished 9th this year. It would mean we won about 8 out of our last 11. 8th would be even better but that would mean probably 9 of our last 11. You never know. Im not sure if we know the draft order yet either. If we do I doubt we are good enough for our club to arrange an order anyway. If we are that good we may as well try to win them all.
Club recruiters have been watching these kids for years. Our recruiters have a shortlist of guys to take with our first pick that they expect to be in our draft range.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Wouldn't it be great if we finished 9th this year. It would mean we won about 8 out of our last 11. 8th would be even better but that would mean probably 9 of our last 11. You never know. Im not sure if we know the draft order yet either. If we do I doubt we are good enough for our club to arrange an order anyway. If we are that good we may as well try to win them all.
Club recruiters have been watching these kids for years. Our recruiters have a shortlist of guys to take with our first pick that they expect to be in our draft range.

Yes I know but they wouldn't have an order yet. If they do that would be ordinary. It would change weekly or at least monthly.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
saynta wrote:
2. Francis
3. Schache
4. Parish
5. Mathieson
6. Partington
7. Ah Chee
8. Balic
9. Curnow
10. Tucker
Thanks mate
Can he hit the score board?
One thing Id love is for a genuine goal kicking mid in our line up.....we've not had that many over the years
Has played his best footy behind the ball where he can break the lines and use his running game. Played forward a couple of weeks ago when coming back from injury and snagged a couple but more as a crumber and more in that role only cos he was coming back from a stint off.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Yes I know but they wouldn't have an order yet. If they do that would be ordinary. It would change weekly or at least monthly.
The club has regular recruiting meetings and a rolling draft ranking would be apart of that IMO (don't know for sure). I heard WC's recruitment boss the other day and he said he has a three hour meeting specifically on recruitment once a month, which includes the head coach. They don't just start the process in the draft year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

The club has regular recruiting meetings and a rolling draft ranking would be apart of that IMO (don't know for sure). I heard WC's recruitment boss the other day and he said he has a three hour meeting specifically on recruitment once a month, which includes the head coach. They don't just start the process in the draft year.

I know that also. And the order would change all the time. I know 16 and 17 year olds that have already spoken to AFL clubs and they cant be drafted for one or two more years.