Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

Old Mate wrote: Anthony had a good year a few years back but has come out of favour. I remember him being a ball magnet but skills below average. He'll be 27 next year so too old for us.
Thanks Old Mate, my how time flies, I thought he was only about 24-25.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Karnezis (spelling?) having a medical at the Saints on Monday, being reported anyway.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:Sadly it appears a 2nd round draft pick may be the best we can hope for Dal. Would love to see him remain but can understand why he may leave for North or Essendon...let's hope for a bidding war! Can handle getting Delaney for nothing in the pre season draft, he's certainly better in terms of a key back than anything we currently have on our list and will give us time to develop a key back from one of the next two or three drafts. Especially if Bruce has locked down CHB.

Just a question...what has happened to Liam Anthony? I always thought he was one of North's better players but languished in their twos this year. Is he better than Greenwood?
I've read rumours suggesting St Kilda wont except anything other than a pick inside the top 12 for Dal Santo, whether that's via a trade or Free Agency, it doesn't matter. Despite all the reports of us pushing him out I think it's more about putting him up for trade discussion, and if a club is willing to pay the asking price then we'll do business. I suspect the club wouldn't be totally unhappy if we didn't get the desired draft pick and he remains a Saint.

Anthony had a good year a few years back but has come out of favour. I remember him being a ball magnet but skills below average. He'll be 27 next year so too old for us.
Anthony started late which is why his age may shock. OMs assessment is spot on.

Agree re what we will accept, I heard must be top 15, having said that, we would certainly need to sweeten a deal with Roos IF they somehow kept hold of their first rounder.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't really like Pelchen, that's just my opinion...

However I think if he's trading a star, we'd expect a lot back, or they'll stay on our list?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I don't really like Pelchen, that's just my opinion...

However I think if he's trading a star, we'd expect a lot back, or they'll stay on our list?
This time last year the Pelican was the messiah, now people don't like him, didn't take long for the love to drop off.

Are some worried he might help us build a team better equipped to win a flag....Yep....better get rid of him before he does that...

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Karnezis (spelling?) having a medical at the Saints on Monday, being reported anyway.
Don't know much about him

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:

This time last year the Pelican was the messiah, now people don't like him, didn't take long for the love to drop off.

Are some worried he might help us build a team better equipped to win a flag....Yep....better get rid of him before he does that...

Yep that makes sense.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:

Still believe him to be the messiah
I think the struggle at the moment is te club giving him the control he needs and wants
I reckon proof will be in his approach to dal and what we do or don't end up getting. Hopefully that one happens early is to our favour and then pelican let's loose from there with an extra card up his sleeve

#1 Ryder fan
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

Yep that makes sense.
Incorrect.

Nothing on here makes sense, don't you read what gets written on here

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

Yep that makes sense.
Incorrect.

Nothing on here makes sense, don't you read what gets written on here

No I just type my opinions.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
Buckets wrote:Karnezis (spelling?) having a medical at the Saints on Monday, being reported anyway.
Know him well. Great bloke, knows how to play, just hasn't been given the opportunity at Brisbane. We've got him

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Is Karnezis out of contract? Free agent? Or do we need to trade?

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
Know him well. Great bloke, knows how to play, just hasn't been given the opportunity at Brisbane. We've got him
Why are you so confident? What will it cost us in terms of players/picks?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

wants to come home no contract

#1 Ryder fan
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Patrick Karnezis
#28 Brisbane Lions
Height: 190cm Weight: 88kg Position: Forward
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #25 2010 National Draft
Last Drafted By: Brisbane Lions
Supercoach Price: $254,800 Supercoach Profile
Dream Team Price: $236,700 Dream Team Profile

Only 3 games this year. Was he injured?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I realise he's out of contract and wants to come home but from what I've read he was heavily linked to the Pie. Pretty sure I read more recently the Pies lost interest, so it's starting to make sense. Dools seems very , very confident tho that's why I asked why?!

Stanley_Knifes1

saintsRrising wrote:
Patrick Karnezis
#28 Brisbane Lions
Height: 190cm Weight: 88kg Position: Forward
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #25 2010 National Draft
Last Drafted By: Brisbane Lions
Supercoach Price: $254,800 Supercoach Profile
Dream Team Price: $236,700 Dream Team Profile

Only 3 games this year. Was he injured?
He wasn't injured he played out the year in the NEAFL pretty much, Voss didn't give him much of a chance at AFL level despite his form in the NEAFL

Stanley_Knifes1

Old Mate wrote:I realise he's out of contract and wants to come home but from what I've read he was heavily linked to the Pie. Pretty sure I read more recently the Pies lost interest, so it's starting to make sense. Dools seems very , very confident tho that's why I asked why?!
Just asked a Collingwood fan apparently they "Knocked him back" because they are getting/possibly getting Jesse White & Ricky Henderson.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Karnezis keen to leave Lions at season's end
PATRICK Karnezis has told the Brisbane Lions he wants to head home to Victoria at the end of this season, having failed to overcome the homesickness that has plagued him in his three years at the club.
AFL.com.au understands Karnezis, 21, recently told the Lions he had decided to leave the club when his contract expires at the end of this season.
After unsuccessfully requesting a trade to a Victorian club at the end of last season, Karnezis made a concerted effort to settle into Brisbane this year, but the lure of home has proved too strong.
It is understood several Victorian clubs including Collingwood are circling the No. 25 pick in the 2010 draft, but the Lions will be looking to drive a hard bargain at the trade table.
In the event that one of Karnezis' suitors cannot agree to a trade with the Lions, the half-forward will have to enter the national or pre-season draft and hope he gets through to his preferred club.
The draft pick the Lions used to select Karnezis was acquired in the trade that sent Jared Brennan to Gold Coast at the end of 2010.
Karnezis played 11 games and kicked 17 goals in his debut season, 2011, but managed just seven games last year.
He was one of the Lions' better performers in their 68-point loss to the Western Bulldogs in round one this year with 19 possessions, but after playing as the Lions' substitute the following week against Adelaide was dropped.
Despite his outstanding form in the NEAFL this year, Karnezis has played just one game since, the round 10 loss against Collingwood.
Last Saturday, Karnezis staked a strong claim for a senior recall, finishing with 32 disposals and four goals in the reserves' 33-point win over the Swans.

http://www.afl.com.a...-wants-vic-move

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

luckysaint wrote:
Buckets wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6733189659

Well has the talk from Dal been hollow in a way? Wants to go but only for the club to make the deal?

Thanks Dal for your service enjoy the Roos.

Don't forget the compo on your way out....
That's a bit rich. I'd be looking at my options too if my work was 50/50 about me.
Couldn't agree more. Lucky if they were 30/70 about him IMO. That's why Dal Santo said something like, he prefers to stay but could understand if the club wanted to go in a different/youth direction. I will go with the club driving this trade - and he's seen himself to be expendable. Good message that sends to Steven, Armitage and Newnes etc

Getting slammed already - he hasn't even left yet. Bet history is re-written if he does depart. Offload classy mids and bring in average players, because they might be youger......

Stand your ground :shock:
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Also take it with a grain but my mad Carlton mate who's been on the money before reckons Hampson is heading to seaford...if true macca must be on the nose
Bring on Meagan gale I say - we could have her and Elle!!

#1 Ryder fan
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Stanley_Knifes1 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I realise he's out of contract and wants to come home but from what I've read he was heavily linked to the Pie. Pretty sure I read more recently the Pies lost interest, so it's starting to make sense. Dools seems very , very confident tho that's why I asked why?!
Just asked a Collingwood fan apparently they "Knocked him back" because they are getting/possibly getting Jesse White & Ricky Henderson.
Cheers. TLE. ;)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Also take it with a grain but my mad Carlton mate who's been on the money before reckons Hampson is heading to seaford...if true macca must be on the nose
Bring on Meagan gale I say - we could have her and Elle!!
I actually cant believe that.
We already have a problem having 3 ruckmen who are the same age. Cant see what 4 will do for us.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

That's why I said if true you can pretty much say bye bye macca

#1 Ryder fan
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

What's the chances of Megan Gale doing. Nude photo shoot wearing a Sainters scalf?