Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noob
Club Player

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:I have read that North want Dal to be part of the Delaney trade.

Surely we will play a bit of hard ball with them seeing as Delaney is out of contract and can come to us for free via the PSD. Not to mention a club champion and out and out star who doesn't really want to go for a fringe player who wants to go. Pretty good situation for us. I'm going to hate to see Dal go but if it helps us refresh the list and can get a much needed hole in our list filled then i'm ok with it.

A trade, not a rumor mind you just a suggestion I saw on Twitter, was Levi Greenwood, Delaney and a 3rd round pick for Dal Santo. I'd take it

BANG BANG

So would North. 2 players who spent most of the year in the seconds for a great Saints player and about pick 45. Sounds for them.
Quantity doesn't equal quality.

sax
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:I have read that North want Dal to be part of the Delaney trade.

Surely we will play a bit of hard ball with them seeing as Delaney is out of contract and can come to us for free via the PSD. Not to mention a club champion and out and out star who doesn't really want to go for a fringe player who wants to go. Pretty good situation for us. I'm going to hate to see Dal go but if it helps us refresh the list and can get a much needed hole in our list filled then i'm ok with it.

A trade, not a rumor mind you just a suggestion I saw on Twitter, was Levi Greenwood, Delaney and a 3rd round pick for Dal Santo. I'd take it

BANG BANG
If it was Dal + 3rd round pick for Greenwood, Delaney + 2nd rounder, I'd hope we would look at it.
Seriously, we will not get band 1 compo for Dal, which is why it's probably better for the club to negotiate their own deal.
I'd Love it if we did get band 1! Highly unlikely though IMHO!

Didn't Greenwood have nearly 40 possessions against Essendon this year?

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:

BANG BANG
If it was Dal + 3rd round pick for Greenwood, Delaney + 2nd rounder, I'd hope we would look at it.
Seriously, we will not get band 1 compo for Dal, which is why it's probably better for the club to negotiate their own deal.

So improving our pick by about 8 spots is enough for you. I suppose we get 2 players of average ability though. Delaney has played 26 out of 67 in the last 3 years and Greenwood has played 24 out of 67 in the same time. The worst part of all this is I think you will be right with Delanet. We will eventually take those swap of picks and Delaney for Dal. You can forget Greenwood. Dal is contracted and Delaney isnt but we will still rip ourselves off.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Surely if Delaney is not contracted then we should not need to include him in any trade for Dal. I understand Dal's age works against us but I really hope we play hard ball and get a decent deal, otherwise don't trade hom

I love this club
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I wish Norf finished one or two spots lower. The Dees found a way to do it with Viney, we have to somehow convince other clubs in front of Norfs first pick to not bid of McDonald.

Otherwise, band one or two compo, Delaney to us for pick 100 is all we should be looking at unless another club can get involved. Considering how they dealt with Jacobs n Hine last year, I can't see them playing nice unfortunately.

Only other way we should consider it is if we get one of their top mids, it Bastinac, Cunnington, Atley, Harper etc. Which I wouldn't give up for Dal so not sure why they would!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
PJ
SS Life Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't length of contract offered by North and $$ have an influence on what comp pick we get?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah i reckon it does come into it somehow

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:I wish Norf finished one or two spots lower. The Dees found a way to do it with Viney, we have to somehow convince other clubs in front of Norfs first pick to not bid of McDonald.
Do you really think they'd give us pick 9/10 for him? I don't reckon they would even if they had it. That's just too good a pick to give up for a 30 year old.

I'd be happy if somehow we got a top twenty pick for him, whether compo or trade. If the AFL give us guidance of an end of first-round pick then that's about the best we can hope for - let him go through FA.

PJ
SS Life Member

Everyone seems to be suggesting Dal has one foot in a retirement home at 30 so we won't get anything for him. Whilst Daisy is being talked up as a band 1 compo pick - well the last time he was sighted was limping towards Carlton with about 2 seasons max left in the tank. Collingwood struggled to get him up last season.
Dal's body is in peak condition with at least 4 seasons left - never had a major injury FFS.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah so id rather keep him

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I to dont think we have cooled on Delaney which is a pity because i dont care who he was behind at North, the reason he couldnt get a game is he isnt good enough. Savage is an ok footballer but if we keep bringing ordinary footballers and ok footballers into our side and also only have 2 picks in the draft we are going to see a lot of pain for a long time. Get Bruce and forget the rest of these used footballers...
Bruce and Delaney are 11 days different in age and both have played less than 15 games. I can't say I know much about either, but if Bruce is a good prospect then I don't understand why Delaney isn't also.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Everyone seems to be suggesting Dal has one foot in a retirement home at 30 so we won't get anything for him. Whilst Daisy is being talked up as a band 1 compo pick - well the last time he was sighted was limping towards Carlton with about 2 seasons max left in the tank. Collingwood struggled to get him up last season.
Dal's body is in peak condition with at least 4 seasons left - never had a major injury FFS.

None of that matter regarding a comp pick. I think they base it only on the salary and the age of the player. daisy is 3 years younger than Dal and will get at least the same money but probably more.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I to dont think we have cooled on Delaney which is a pity because i dont care who he was behind at North, the reason he couldnt get a game is he isnt good enough. Savage is an ok footballer but if we keep bringing ordinary footballers and ok footballers into our side and also only have 2 picks in the draft we are going to see a lot of pain for a long time. Get Bruce and forget the rest of these used footballers...
Bruce and Delaney are 11 days different in age and both have played less than 15 games. I can't say I know much about either, but if Bruce is a good prospect then I don't understand why Delaney isn't also.

I just think one is better than the other. It has nothing to do with age. I think Curran is better than ledger and they are probably the same age. Delaney has actually played about 26 games. Look im happy to be wrong and Delaney is a star and people show the thread where i said I dont rate him. Couldnt give a stuff if it improves our club.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I just think one is better than the other. It has nothing to do with age. I think Curran is better than ledger and they are probably the same age. Delaney has actually played about 26 games. Look im happy to be wrong and Delaney is a star and people show the thread where i said I dont rate him. Couldnt give a stuff if it improves our club.
Ah right, sorry, was looking at the wrong Delaney. The one we're looking at is a month or so older than McEvoy, so not exactly young any more, and as you say he's played 26 games. Not much of a gamble there - seems pretty likely he'll be an average player at best. I agree then, let's get Bruce and ignore this guy.

PJ
SS Life Member

Dal is currently around 600K so you'd think he'd want at least that. If North want him and we are working with Dal then why can't he raise his ask to at least 650K. Don't know what Daisy is worth but I can't see him getting much more than that, perhaps 700K.

sax
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
sax wrote:

BANG BANG

So improving our pick by about 8 spots is enough for you. I suppose we get 2 players of average ability though. Delaney has played 26 out of 67 in the last 3 years and Greenwood has played 24 out of 67 in the same time. The worst part of all this is I think you will be right with Delanet. We will eventually take those swap of picks and Delaney for Dal. You can forget Greenwood. Dal is contracted and Delaney isnt but we will still rip ourselves off.
Dal can still walk as a free agent because the Saints are waiting to lodge paperwork, so yes that is good enough for me because we will not get band 1 compo for Dal & anyone that thinks we will is dreaming!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
PJ
SS Life Member

If North can't meet our ask for 1st rounder then they may want to consider upping his contract offer and $$ to get it across the line - if he goes as a FA that is.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
sax wrote:

Dal can still walk as a free agent because the Saints are waiting to lodge paperwork, so yes that is good enough for me because we will not get band 1 compo for Dal & anyone that thinks we will is dreaming!

Dal cannot walk as a FA but I do agree we wont get band one comp but may get band 2. My point is Greenwood isnt good enough. How many not good enoughs do we want? Delaney may also not be good enough.

starsign
Club Player

If Thomas is band 1 surely Dal would have to be thereabouts ?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Free Agency depends on
- contract/salary

If Dal is offered similar to BJ (2.5 over 4) then we have a pretty good case for Band 1. Like someone else mentioned he's in top health. He'll outlast Daisy, I reckon. The age criteria is BS. Jesse Smith, Jarryd Allan????

Munga
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:If Thomas is band 1 surely Dal would have to be thereabouts ?
Dal has better ankles

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Sadly it appears a 2nd round draft pick may be the best we can hope for Dal. Would love to see him remain but can understand why he may leave for North or Essendon...let's hope for a bidding war! Can handle getting Delaney for nothing in the pre season draft, he's certainly better in terms of a key back than anything we currently have on our list and will give us time to develop a key back from one of the next two or three drafts. Especially if Bruce has locked down CHB.

Just a question...what has happened to Liam Anthony? I always thought he was one of North's better players but languished in their twos this year. Is he better than Greenwood?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Free Agency depends on
- contract/salary

If Dal is offered similar to BJ (2.5 over 4) then we have a pretty good case for Band 1. Like someone else mentioned he's in top health. He'll outlast Daisy, I reckon. The age criteria is BS. Jesse Smith, Jarryd Allan????

But as you said health has nothing to do with it. Daisy because of age will get band one. Dal should get band 2.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Sadly it appears a 2nd round draft pick may be the best we can hope for Dal. Would love to see him remain but can understand why he may leave for North or Essendon...let's hope for a bidding war! Can handle getting Delaney for nothing in the pre season draft, he's certainly better in terms of a key back than anything we currently have on our list and will give us time to develop a key back from one of the next two or three drafts. Especially if Bruce has locked down CHB.

Just a question...what has happened to Liam Anthony? I always thought he was one of North's better players but languished in their twos this year. Is he better than Greenwood?
I've read rumours suggesting St Kilda wont except anything other than a pick inside the top 12 for Dal Santo, whether that's via a trade or Free Agency, it doesn't matter. Despite all the reports of us pushing him out I think it's more about putting him up for trade discussion, and if a club is willing to pay the asking price then we'll do business. I suspect the club wouldn't be totally unhappy if we didn't get the desired draft pick and he remains a Saint.

Anthony had a good year a few years back but has come out of favour. I remember him being a ball magnet but skills below average. He'll be 27 next year so too old for us.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Free Agency depends on
- contract/salary

But as you said health has nothing to do with it. Daisy because of age will get band one. Dal should get band 2.
I'm in agreement that we'll get Band 2 however I'm just playing devils advocate. Surely the age criteria should be changed to years left in footy?