Lovett lodges notice of grievance with club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saint75 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
saint75 wrote:I wish the filthy little pig would retreat back into the hole he crawled out of.
No need for that. :x
Why? It is accurate. What he 'allegedly' did to that girl is terrible. He appears to like to rough women up. I stand by my statement!
It is still "allegedly" at the moment. And as for roughing women up, he definately is not Robinson Crusoe there. After all, a convicted women basher is to be elected to the AFL Hall of Fame this year.

BTW, I notice that a guy in the US is just getting out of prison after serving 30 years for raping an 11yo girl. DNA has proved he didn't do it, proving that not all allegations are true.

Your statement says more about you than Lovett.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
bozza1980
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:BTW, I notice that a guy in the US is just getting out of prison after serving 30 years for raping an 11yo girl. DNA has proved he didn't do it, proving that not all allegations are true.
To be fair, I'd suggest DNA evidence didn't prove she wasn't raped but that she was not raped by the man convicted of the crime.

I'd suggest it says more about the american legal system and the accuracy of eye witness evidence when the attacker is unknown to the victim.

All that said though, you are right, not all allegations are true.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:BTW, I notice that a guy in the US is just getting out of prison after serving 30 years for raping an 11yo girl. DNA has proved he didn't do it, proving that not all allegations are true.
To be fair, I'd suggest DNA evidence didn't prove she wasn't raped but that she was not raped by the man convicted of the crime.

I'd suggest it says more about the american legal system and the accuracy of eye witness evidence when the attacker is unknown to the victim.

Agreed. He is black..... says it all in the good old US of A. :roll:

ace
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saint75 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
saint75 wrote:I wish the filthy little pig would retreat back into the hole he crawled out of.
Why? It is accurate. What he 'allegedly' did to that girl is terrible. He appears to like to rough women up. I stand by my statement!
It is still "allegedly" at the moment. And as for roughing women up, he definately is not Robinson Crusoe there. After all, a convicted women basher is to be elected to the AFL Hall of Fame this year.

BTW, I notice that a guy in the US is just getting out of prison after serving 30 years for raping an 11yo girl. DNA has proved he didn't do it, proving that not all allegations are true.

Bet the innocent peadophile got raped and bashed plenty of times in his US prison during his 30 years.
I also bet the prosecuting district attorney and the convicting judge did not say sorry.
Admitting they were wrong would not look good in their political biographies.
Like Rudd they say sorry for things they did not do, but never say sorry for their own blunders.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
saint75 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Bet the innocent peadophile got raped and bashed plenty of times in his US prison is his 30 years.
I also bet the prosecuting district attorney and the convicting judge did not say sorry.
Like Rudd they say sorry for things they did not do, but never say sorry for their own blunders.
He is not an innocent pedophile Ace, he is an innocent.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:

And Grumps, is that the issue for you with Lovett in this instance?

Do you believe that Lovett has been treated this way by the girl, players, Club, Police and everybody else because he is indigenous?

Your posts on this issue have continued to defend him, IMO, far more than even-handedly than it would appear on face value he should be?

You seem to want everybody (authorities and Club included) to bend over backwards to give him whatever his legal strategists demand, without any thought of him possibly being guilty of the serious accusations levelled against him.

Everything he is doing is a legal strategy cooked up by his defense team to maximize any income he can get.
The defense team in all of this is not his defense team in the actual sexual assault case.
They are completely separate and are acting for their own reasons, independant of the sexual assault case.
If they want their Grievance Tribunal case heard quickly, why not instruct Lovett to have his sexual assault case heard speedily, instead of delaying it for as long as possible?
It wouldn't be because they realize that a guilty finding would totally destroy any case they're running for money would it?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:

And Grumps, is that the issue for you with Lovett in this instance?

Do you believe that Lovett has been treated this way by the girl, players, Club, Police and everybody else because he is indigenous?

Your posts on this issue have continued to defend him, IMO, far more than even-handedly than it would appear on face value he should be?

You seem to want everybody (authorities and Club included) to bend over backwards to give him whatever his legal strategists demand, without any thought of him possibly being guilty of the serious accusations levelled against him.

Everything he is doing is a legal strategy cooked up by his defense team to maximize any income he can get.
The defense team in all of this is not his defense team in the actual sexual assault case.
They are completely separate and are acting for their own reasons, independant of the sexual assault case.
If they want their Grievance Tribunal case heard quickly, why not instruct Lovett to have his sexual assault case heard speedily, instead of delaying it for as long as possible?
It wouldn't be because they realize that a guilty finding would totally destroy any case they're running for money would it?
I did not in this instance bring out the race card in relation to Lovett. I referred to it being relevant in the USA, where a disproportionate number of African Americans receive longer sentances than white Anglo Saxons.

There is a disproportionate number of indigenous Australians in jail in this country, but that has a lot more to do with social inequality than blatent racism.

I did in the past bring up Lovett's race as I was surprised with the harsh treatment he received from the club, but since I have been appraised of some facts relating to the offence, and understand the necessity for the club to act as it did.

I know from my past how difficult it is when you are accused of something you haven't done, and have everybody around you believe the accusations. The news that the charges were part of someone's imagination doesn't spread as fast or as widely as the original accusation.

I don't know if Lovett is guilty or innocent of the charge, and I strongly suspect no-one else on the forum does either. But he says he didn't do it, so I will run on the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

ace
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
ace wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
saint75 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Bet the innocent peadophile got raped and bashed plenty of times in his US prison is his 30 years.
He definitely was not a paedophile but he was guilty of being black.
As we all know being black is a most heinous crime especially in the US
The district attorney, the false witnesses and convicting judge like to think they are all innocent.
They probably all enjoyed high fives.
http://www.theage.com.au/world/thirty-y ... -ubke.html

At least the new prosecutor and judge moved swiftly once they knew the conviction was wrong.
Unlike the prosecution in the Lindy Chamberlain case who stalled trying to persuade her to accept a guilty but pardoned outcome.
Years later the vile legal profession even rewarded the original prosecutor by making him president of the NSW Bar Association.
But then the legal profession admires those who can get a murder conviction without a dead body, without a confession, without a weapon, without a motive, without a witness, and without personal penalty for "winning" a false conviction.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bozza1980
Club Player

ace wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
ace wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
saint75 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

He definitely was not a paedophile but he was guilty of being black.
As we all know being black is a most heinous crime especially in the US
The district attorney, the false witnesses and convicting judge like to think they are all innocent.
They probably all enjoyed high fives.
http://www.theage.com.au/world/thirty-y ... -ubke.html

At least the new prosecutor and judge moved swiftly once they knew the conviction was wrong.
Unlike the prosecution in the Lindy Chamberlain case who stalled trying to persuade her to accept a guilty but pardoned outcome.
Years later the vile legal profession even rewarded the original prosecutor by making him president of the NSW Bar Association.
But then the legal profession admires those who can get a murder conviction without a dead body, without a confession, without a weapon, without a motive, without a witness, and without personal penalty for "winning" a false conviction.
The American "Justice" system is a joke.

When a DA position is usually a stepping stone to higher political office they are no seeking advancement via convictions rather than ensuring justice is done.

When you have a system that will refuse to accept DNA evidence in cases because a defendant has exceeded their appeals you know that justice has nothing to do with what their courts are overseeing.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
PaulieGa
Club Player

Saintsfan
Club Player

ace wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
saint75 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Bet the innocent peadophile got raped and bashed plenty of times in his US prison during his 30 years.
Oh cha-ching bingo we have a winner re the Kevin Rudd remarks...

I am still worried for the mental health of Andrew Lovett and I hope he is okay. Guilty or not the man needs to be looked after especially considering nothing has been proven yet.

The Saintsfan Cometh
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

PaulieGa wrote:2nd Charge of Rape for Lovett

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/l ... -uiip.html
Why now?

Recovered memory?

PaulieGa
Club Player

Recovered memory from a mobile phone perhaps, given the charge.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

PaulieGa wrote:Recovered memory from a mobile phone perhaps, given the charge.
Go to a quiet corner and hit yourself....... hard.

Saintsfan
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:

Why now?

Recovered memory?
Certainly taken them a while. Mind you it is not as if the whole police/investigation units have stopped for the Andrew Lovett saga. Plenty of other rape, murders and assaults going on one feels

The Saintsfan Cometh
matrix
Saintsational Legend

what the hell is the 'digital' thing???

second count??

<<lost

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

You've got four digits and a thumb on each hand

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:what the hell is the 'digital' thing???

second count??

<<lost
The second of the four "F"s I think.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dunno.

Does it involve a Set Top Box??? :?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

Why now?

Recovered memory?
I don't think it that unusual that later charges are made.

While no one knows specifics it could just be that Poloice have now fully conisdered what possible charges could be laid and so have now laid this one.

It could also be that the case for the original charge may not be as strong as this subsequent charage, and so hence now laying this charge makes it more likely that he would be convicted of at east one charge.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saintsfan
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Dunno.

Does it involve a Set Top Box??? :?
Oh for the love of god...

Look at your hands...another word for fingers...

The Saintsfan Cometh
bigred
Saintsational Legend

8 witnesses will take the stand over the four day trial.

Saintsfan
Club Player

bigred wrote:8 witnesses will take the stand over the four day trial.
In August too. I for one am not too happy with this only if and a big if we are struggling a little going into the finals.

I wouldn't want say an out of form player a, b or c spending time giving evidence, getting caught up in the legal facade despite being innocent and another party during the evening.

The Saintsfan Cometh
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
bigred wrote:8 witnesses will take the stand over the four day trial.
In August too. I for one am not too happy with this only if and a big if we are struggling a little going into the finals.

I wouldn't want say an out of form player a, b or c spending time giving evidence, getting caught up in the legal facade despite being innocent and another party during the evening.
Only the committal hearing in August.

Big stuff occurs about 12 months after.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

meh.

had no effect on the group so far.