Lovett lodges notice of grievance with club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Can he sue himself and the girl that he allegedly committed the crime against for being in the bed when he jumped in?????

Another opportunity awaits!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:I sincerely hope that given this latest development that St Kilda are getting advice from outside the club.

We might be getting cut-price legal representation form the Board member concerned, but sometimes knowledge of the people and personalities involved can get in the way of sound judgement.

The betting in legal circles is that Humphrey Bear will win this. Opinion is running about 60/40 his way.
Hey Grumps,

The "Cut Price" Lawyer you speak of is Ross Levine, one of the leading employment law lawyers in the country. Why go to someone else when you have the very best availably right on your doostep? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Eastern wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:I sincerely hope that given this latest development that St Kilda are getting advice from outside the club.

We might be getting cut-price legal representation form the Board member concerned, but sometimes knowledge of the people and personalities involved can get in the way of sound judgement.

The betting in legal circles is that Humphrey Bear will win this. Opinion is running about 60/40 his way.
Hey Grumps,

The "Cut Price" Lawyer you speak of is Ross Levine, one of the leading employment law lawyers in the country. Why go to someone else when you have the very best availably right on your doostep? !!
Perhaps you should read my post before you comment East.

I did not call Levine a "Cut Price" lawyer, I assumed that being a board member he would be supplying his advice at a discount.

I think we would all be appalled if his advice was coming at retail price.

And I suggested that he might be too close to the action to give a much needed independent opinion. As the old idiom states, ""ä man who defends himself in a court of law has a fool for a client".

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:I wish the filthy little pig would retreat back into the hole he crawled out of.
No need for that. :x

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 890258.htm
Lovett case set to hit courts soon
Posted May 4, 2010 19:32:00

A court battle between sacked St Kilda recruit Andrew Lovett and the AFL Grievance Tribunal could be heard as early as next month.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Meanwhile, Victoria's Office of Public Prosecutions (OPP) has sought to make submissions in the case.

In an affidavit, OPP solicitor Matthew Andison says St Kilda's lawyer has told him the club will call witnesses in the criminal case, including Lovett's alleged victim, if the Grievance Tribunal proceeding is to go ahead.

He said it was the belief of the Director of Public Prosecutions that if such evidence were called prior to Lovett's trial "there would be a real risk that the administration of justice would be interfered with".

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/love ... -u76w.html
The AFL yesterday consented to the player's request to begin playing again, clearing the way for talks to be had with clubs and for Lovett to begin training at a club within weeks.

Lovett, who is facing a rape charge, technically remains on St Kilda's list and this threatened to be a bar to him being able to play at a lower level, but the AFL yesterday agreed to the request provided the Saints and the AFLPA also both agreed.

''Andrew's contract has been affirmed and he is a listed St Kilda player, but St Kilda has confirmed they will not stand in Andrew's way to play football again at a lower level,'' said Lovett's manager, Alex McDonald. ''Now we will have further discussions with clubs about where it might be that he resumes playing.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote: In an affidavit, OPP solicitor Matthew Andison says St Kilda's lawyer has told him the club will call witnesses in the criminal case, including Lovett's alleged victim, if the Grievance Tribunal proceeding is to go ahead.

He said it was the belief of the Director of Public Prosecutions that if such evidence were called prior to Lovett's trial "there would be a real risk that the administration of justice would be interfered with".
Dirty pool. :x

oneteam
Club Player

G.O. , you are either ignorant in the extreme about the details of the legal process, or just dumb.

It's an application to set aside the tribunals decision.

the decision included the tribunal saying that they accepted that to defend the claim, it would involve calling the witnesses from the night.

part of that is for the DPP to confirm that in the supreme court.

You seriously want our club to lose this case .

HE is suing US. But you want to say - oh well, lets fight back with one hand behind our back. If that means we lose 2 million dollars, so be it.

stupid stupid stupid.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/l ... -u76w.html

Looks like he can earn an income now.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

oneteam wrote:G.O. , you are either ignorant in the extreme about the details of the legal process, or just dumb.

It's an application to set aside the tribunals decision.

the decision included the tribunal saying that they accepted that to defend the claim, it would involve calling the witnesses from the night.

part of that is for the DPP to confirm that in the supreme court.

You seriously want our club to lose this case .

HE is suing US. But you want to say - oh well, lets fight back with one hand behind our back. If that means we lose 2 million dollars, so be it.

stupid stupid stupid.
The club's tactic to threaten to drag the alleged victim through the tribunal process was guaranteed to raise the sympathy conscience of the tribunal and have the DPP intervene to prevent it happening.

That is dirty pool..... understandable from the club's point of view but still dirty pool.

As much as I don't like Lovett, he has still been given punishment for something he has not been found guilty of.

Kate
Club Player

In order to put forward the FULL case for Lovett's dismissal, it is essential theat the club put forward everything that contributed to the descision.

If the alleged victim made a complaint to the club, then that needs to be dealt with too.

Lovett hasn't been punished at all. He can still have his grievance heard, but not until after the criminal case has been dealt with. If details of those events were to become public, it could pedjudice the case.

Time will work it all out.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The worst recruiting decision in the history of the club......ill advised by the
Essendon people just so they could wipe their hands clean....

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:The worst recruiting decision in the history of the club......ill advised by the
We must be easily led then.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:The worst recruiting decision in the history of the club.......
Some might argue Tony Delaney, Tony Francis and Damien Monkhurst may want a shot at that title...David Strooper might have something to say about it also...

Legendary
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Hey Grumps,

I did not call Levine a "Cut Price" lawyer, I assumed that being a board member he would be supplying his advice at a discount.

And I suggested that he might be too close to the action to give a much needed independent opinion. As the old idiom states, ""ä man who defends himself in a court of law has a fool for a client".
And do you not think that several solicitors at RigbyCooke and St Kilda's indepedently briefed advocate Rohan Millar in this matter would have also had some input?

St Kilda have the stronger legal position from those I have spoken to.

None of us are privy to the exact details of each argument, and both parties have certainly withheld information from the public view that could influence the outcome.

But I would not be questioning Levin's advice or St Kilda's tactics.

saintkid
Club Player

bigred wrote:
Some might argue Tony Delaney, Tony Francis and Damien Monkhurst may want a shot at that title...David Strooper might have something to say about it also...
My dad said don't forget Michael Frost. :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
bigred wrote:
There are plenty. Steven Sims in the first draft pick number 2 and didnt even come over. Rene Kink, Brian Wilson, Brian Winten, Tony Antrobus, Cadyn Beetham and Jodi Arnol.

oneteam
Club Player

Legendary wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Hey Grumps,

And do you not think that several solicitors at RigbyCooke and St Kilda's indepedently briefed advocate Rohan Millar in this matter would have also had some input?

St Kilda have the stronger legal position from those I have spoken to.

None of us are privy to the exact details of each argument, and both parties have certainly withheld information from the public view that could influence the outcome.

But I would not be questioning Levin's advice or St Kilda's tactics.
Plus the barristers they have used at the last 2 hearings, Michael McDonald QC and Richard Dalton of freehills.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintkid wrote:
bigred wrote:
There are plenty. Steven Sims in the first draft pick number 2 and didnt even come over. Rene Kink, Brian Wilson, Brian Winten, Tony Antrobus, Cadyn Beetham and Jodi Arnol.
Absolutely, Lovett being the worst recuiting decision ever is something I'd expect a 12 year old to come up with...you've been around long enough to see plenty worse bob, and so have I!

roxanne
Club Player

Brian Winton was the very worst recruiting decision ever made by the Saints.
Took him at Number 1. Over Peter Matera.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintkid wrote:
bigred wrote:
At least they got out on the park!

(though in hindsight it may have been better if some of them hadn't :wink: )

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Beetham was extreme value.

FWIW I couldn't give a rats about Lovett anymore...

What will be will be.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:The worst recruiting decision in the history of the club......ill advised by the
there you go.......

that quote provided some good discussion on StKilda's laughable recruiting..

mission accomplished......something in that for all 12 year olds..... :lol: :lol:

F*** Lovett

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
degruch
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
there you go.......

that quote provided some good discussion on StKilda's laughable recruiting..

mission accomplished......something in that for all 12 year olds..... :lol: :lol:

F*** Lovett
I agree with your sentiments...for the last part. Not much trace of 'laughable recruiting' anywhere else on our list though, and certainly not one of the worst attempts made by the club to build our list. Anyways...opinions, opinions, everyone's got one.

ace
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/l ... -u76w.html

Looks like he can earn an income now.
He always could.
He could have got a normal job like most Australians.
Of course he would actually have to work in such a job not play.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote:
saint75 wrote:I wish the filthy little pig would retreat back into the hole he crawled out of.
No need for that. :x
Why? It is accurate. What he 'allegedly' did to that girl is terrible. He appears to like to rough women up. I stand by my statement!

Fortius Quo Fidelius