I'm torn...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Austinnn
Club Player

Re: I'm torn...

WindSister wrote:it'd be HUGE

possible downside though ... re living our past
'n having lived through that already it gets boring
... they made goddam movies about us for winning 10 on the trot ... i dont necessarily wanna relive that nonsense.
... i wanna win the Thing.

Our Foundation at this moment ON space , demands Patience.
Our future , in my silly opinion only of course , depends on our patience , now.

I'm a patient man.
... carpenter.

a plus b plus c plus d etc etc equals what u set out to build.
Short cuts are for the weekend Warrior.
Good answer. I quite agree.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
jamesmc
Club Player

WindSister wrote:
jamesmc wrote:Teflon, fireman, citywest must like " dancing " with their sisters.
i'd dance with my sister
... 'n so would any of you fairies , if u laid eyes on It.
okaaaaaay

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:31 pages of drivel, and still going.

Citywest must be loving this sort of attention.

lol

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Big EDIT.
... the comment below was only for the 'sister' exchange.

... ONLY.

lets play , smarm bucket

Cabbage.
Last edited by asiu on Tue 16 Jun 2015 9:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Hmm plugger, you've got me thinking now...

4th quarter scores vs Melb:

Armo: point
Bruce: point
Dunstan: point
Minch: point
Steven: kicks grubby kick that seems destined to be point until
Montagna comes from nowhere and converts.

Young players trying their hardest not to win that game, sadly Joey is from a different generation and won't be there in 2020, so selfishly he goes for the empty feeling of a futile win, much to the disappointment of those young players who see the evaporation of their chances of playing with whichever boy is considered a little better than the other boys in November. (Wasn't Hugh Goddard considered to be top 5 if not no 1 thus time last year?)

My god, its worse than I thought. We are doing a Melbourne! Call us the Saint Kilda Shermans!

I joke, I joke.
Haha

asiu
Saintsational Legend

a bit like the old times , ay Shark.

... hope your well.

citywest

LTN16 wrote:Where was Jay Kennedy-Harris on the weekend for dee's chitywest?

Someone with the class and skill like him you would think would be getting a game for them?
You are a liar LTN16. I have asked you before to post a link of where I have said anything about Jay Kennedy-Harris. Very poor form that you are continuing this lie. I am reporting you to the Mods.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

** Musical Interlude' HERE**

grab a drink grab a smoke grab yourself ,
if thats your bent
have a break cook a steak get online 'n pay the rent

Saintsational Cagenight returns soon ,
an evenings entertainment of the Ages

... same bat time same bat place same batty boys battn on.

return to music.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

... they made goddam movies about us for winning 10 on the trot ... i dont necessarily wanna relive that nonsense.

Our future , in my silly opinion only of course , depends on our patience , now.

I'm a patient man.
... carpenter.

Perfectly summed up

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Saints are aiming again for three picks in the top 20 at year end.

A top 5 and a trade or two.

You are garbage - Enough said
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Saints are aiming again for three picks in the top 20 at year end.

Trade for a top 20 pick? Who could possibly get us that? Bruce. Billings. Maybe Hickey or Longer. Jack Steven or Armo. Maybe Dunstan (probably not). Maybe McCartin or Goddard.

That's it. Which of those would we actually trade? One of Hickey or Longer is the only possible option.

No idea how we're supposed to end up with two extra top 20 picks. Even one seems hard enough.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

citywest wrote:
LTN16 wrote:Where was Jay Kennedy-Harris on the weekend for dee's chitywest?

Someone with the class and skill like him you would think would be getting a game for them?
You are a liar LTN16. I have asked you before to post a link of where I have said anything about Jay Kennedy-Harris. Very poor form that you are continuing this lie. I am reporting you to the Mods.
Truth hurts chitywest.. Run to the mods like a little girl.

stjay
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Saints are aiming again for three picks in the top 20 at year end.

Hey BM are you basing that off the list management strategy of the last couple of years?
I thought we were finished with the "aggressively acquiring first round picks" part of the strategy.
Can't think of who we have left to trade to gain another first rounder.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

we need some high picks that we can trade.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:Im an amazing guy/gal so not surprised my response is amazing (I could be cat woman...)
I've already said I want to win every game including the flag!! (whose with me!!)
But that's unrealistic
How are Carltin/Melbourne even relevant to what happens at an entirely different club in St Kilda..... again, nonsensical airy fairy, poorly thought out examples that don't relate!!
So what we want and what we need right now IMO are poles apart
I've also stated winning isn't the most important thing in our sides development right now IMO
I don't feel I can be much more categoric than that
Responding to simplistic questions on when talking about long term planning is irrelevant
I hope you find this response amazing too!!

But Richmond are some how relevant. That is your problem. When you mention sides its relevant but when others mention them it isn't. Talk about complete rubbish. Again you have just displayed no courage. Talking in riddles because you don't want to say we will hopefully lose games.
Clearly you cant, wont or dont understand the discussion.
In the context of finishing 9th I think Richmond are entirely relevant....
Carlton/Melbourne have no resemblance to us in anyway so whatever point you continue to try and make makes no sense.
It really is very simple.
Now I think you are Robin.....never quite good enough in your own right to be a super hero and always just a little to closely admiring of Batman coming down that rope for my liking...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Far out, the evasiveness of you tankers is pretty incredible.

Firey, Plugger asked you a totally reasonable question which you repeatedly answered cryptically, so let's just put it on the line, OK? When you say you prefer what's best for the club, does that mean you prefer us to win the next game against the western bulldogs, or does it mean that you would prefer us to lose said game?

Same applies for the remaining games of the season. I don't think that's an unreasonable question. If you can't answer, it can only be because you don't want us to know the answer, or because you are torn like OP, but you don't seem torn.

As for Teflon, you just stated you want to win every game, as do most football fans, but being that we probably won't and being that finals is doubtful for us this season, do you want us to beat the Western Bulldogs in our next game or do you want the Western Bulldogs to beat us? Same goes for the remaining games. In other words: Considering that we probably won't make the finals series this year, how many more games would you prefer we lose and who are the opponents you would prefer us to lose to? Again, no reason for you not to answer that question except evasiveness.

Your jokes aren't funny but what is funny is the lengths you will go to to avoid the truth. You're happy to use Tigers and North as templates for the foolishness of trying to win (whilst totally ignoring my Sydney and Geelong examples), but you can't handle Carlton and Melbourne being used as examples of what you are proposing: would you like to plainly state why that is?

Since you're casting aspersions on other posters by discussing their ages and social activity, and so on, perhaps you'd like to be reminded that you are hogging this thread with biblican passages from The Book Of Tanking, and taking time to type out well thought-out cynical responses to every single challenge you get on this thread, so you must also have a lot of free time on your hands. Not that its any of our business. But if you want to go down that path perhaps we can joke about you being lonely etc. as well. Likewise if you are implying that Plugger has a low mental age judging from his posts, then perhaps you'll be OK with us guessing your age. I'll go with that early 20s period where a lot of people have had a full complement of establishment education and believe themselves to be Nostradamus and Einstein's love child, except for that sad line in self depreciation that speaks of a few setbacks in life: who knows? Its not important is it? Its got a bit personal, would you mind laying off that, as well as terms like "vile" and so on, everybody?

The ad hominem attacks don't really do much for your position, neither do the accusations from all tankers of this place squashing unpopular opinions - I think its fine to debate them though, that's all we're doing here, isn't it? Can't help it if we don't like it. You won't find many people who will, except the wannabe list managers at Big Footy.
I take offence to that.
Im a young 13 year old girl living alone trying to make ends meet. Yes, I get lonely in this hidey-hole under the stairs but that's no reason to pull my life apart with that razor sharp Hannibal Lecter type intellect and insight into the human psych you clearly posses...............

Aside from that, the rest was just drivel.
I want a top 5 pick or below this year - does that mean we beat Dogs? dont know....Does that mean we win week later? not fussed. I cant be clearer than that - I'll letyou pick the wins/losses as Ive stated numerous times (and you clearly neglect to understand) winning right now to me is a nice aside.
We domnt have a list with enough talent to seriously challenge the top end
We need to get talent in
We need to maximise our draft options in the short-medium term and before all our ageing stars go (who are largely propping up our performances.....go check the weekends game...)
Getting all hot and sweaty cause we managed to get lucky and keep Melbourne at bay isnt my idea of success.
I understand for others the bars a lot lower - thats fine too and explains those supporters who accept mediocrity so they can have some short term gratification a win brings.
If you dont mind I have some fave beans and a nice Chianti to finish....

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I'm a patient man.
... carpenter.

Spot on WS
Patience is the game
Could not have said it better and yep winning the bloody thing before dying is top of my list so if I have to take a hit now for some longer term benefit (and if we give ourselves a chance to snare Parish in the draft Id be keen to hear how this isnt a benefit) then so be it.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:

I'm a patient man.
... carpenter.

Good answer. I quite agree.
Perhaps have another read before you sign on the dotted line.....
But happy to have you on board if after actually understanding the above post your still keen to join us!

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Nice Bunk
That'll do me
If 1 of this is top 5 or lower.....awesome!
I reckon we'll get pushed out of top 5
As an aside, given priority picks are not off the table, how does this work? is it wins/losses over 2 years?

“Yeah….nah””
Rosco
Club Player

bergholt wrote:

Trade for a top 20 pick? Who could possibly get us that? Bruce. Billings. Maybe Hickey or Longer. Jack Steven or Armo. Maybe Dunstan (probably not). Maybe McCartin or Goddard.

That's it. Which of those would we actually trade? One of Hickey or Longer is the only possible option.

No idea how we're supposed to end up with two extra top 20 picks. Even one seems hard enough.

Only ways I can see are:
- picks 5 & 23 for three in the teens (if some other club can collect them, or in a multi-club deal) or
- pick 5 for two in the teens and upgrade 23 to mid-teens by throwing in a player

Both seem far fetched.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

Regardless, what this screams is the club KNOWS that securing a larger talent pool is still the name of the game....
Ive read some on this thread suggest we are ready to go now cause theyve seen a good game or 2 from some of the kids
To me that is dangerous - it totally ignores the impact our still very well performing older players are having on the side

Sounds awfully like a strategy to maximise our draft options to me and they know the time is now to do it before we eneter older players retiring or even dreaming of attracting a great FA.......get a crop of super talented kids together and we will attract them....
The club obviously knows this, knows we wont implode and turn into Melb
You can not tell me behind double closed doors this kind of thinking isnt happening.....
Ofcourse its not tanking.....but as the season draws to a close.....I expect some very early season ops/youthfull teams..../position juggling...

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Ofcourse its not tanking.....but as the season draws to a close.....I expect some very early season ops/youthfull teams..../position juggling...
Now that is funny :D

Did you actually bother to look at who we are playing in the last 5 rounds before dashing of your latest gem?

Position juggling? Even with our best possible team we would probably lose all 5 with the most likely exception being the North game.

If you want to tank Teflon you need to do it against teams that you would otherwise win against :idea: You know like the last game againts the Dees.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
asiu
Saintsational Legend

i think our 'high octane get the pill back play the fast break ' style of footy already guarantees we run out of legs as the season progresses.
Good.
... more fitness needed.

Probably run out of legs on the brink of 9th next season.
Good.
... more fitness required

... ahhh , ere we are , 2017 pre season already.

Playing a great brand of footy aint we !!!
Fit 'n Fast bunch of farkers aint we !!!
Drilled , confident 'n with the cattle to get on with it.

Good ay.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Well if we fluke it through to the GF then I hope we don't tank that one, cos I reckon pick 18 would be almost as good as pick 17 when all's said and done :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Aiming and achieving are two different things.

Source???

We failed to do this in 2014, though went close. Though 2 of the three were from finishing low, and so hardly an achievement by our back-room boys.

I can't see who we can trade now that we can afford to lose. One of Longer or Hickey could be expendable as both are No1 rucks. Some may mention Gilbert, but he will be almost 30 next season.

We have some expendable players, but they would not attract Top 20 picks even if bundled.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 17 Jun 2015 12:00am, edited 2 times in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....