Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

I don't know why you need to trust him. He's not dating your daughter or performing surgery on you.

I just hope he plays well.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle

kosifantutti wrote:I don't know why you need to trust him. He's not dating your daughter or performing surgery on you.

That is all.

Get a kick and don't get arrested.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

The more I learn about the Carlisle scandal, the more I question our clubs due dillagance......how could we possibly be so stupid?

So stupid infact that I suspect a far more cynical view. That is, the AFL made us do it. They (the AFL) are fairly convinced that WADA will severly penalise the Essendon drug cheats to the extent they will have an un-competative team, so the AFL is actively assisting Essondon to spread it's players throughout the 'bunny' clubs in the competition.

Given St Kilda is losing money, we are reliant on AFL handouts, and as such we need to do as we're told by our AFL masters.

Think about it. The football industry was aware of the Carlisle video, and the football industry was aware of the character of Carlisle, so it's almost impossible to believe we made such a stupid decision in the first place. But even more compelling is St Kilda's lack of protest or complaint after the event. Where is the arguement to have the trade reversed, or anuled? There is no arguement. It feels like the Saints are just taking their 'bunny' medicine from the AFL, and quietly accepting this situation.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Toy Saint wrote:The more I learn about the Carlisle scandal, the more I question our clubs due dillagance......how could we possibly be so stupid?

So stupid infact that I suspect a far more cynical view. That is, the AFL made us do it. They (the AFL) are fairly convinced that WADA will severly penalise the Essendon drug cheats to the extent they will have an un-competative team, so the AFL is actively assisting Essondon to spread it's players throughout the 'bunny' clubs in the competition.

Given St Kilda is losing money, we are reliant on AFL handouts, and as such we need to do as we're told by our AFL masters.

Think about it. The football industry was aware of the Carlisle video, and the football industry was aware of the character of Carlisle, so it's almost impossible to believe we made such a stupid decision in the first place. But even more compelling is St Kilda's lack of protest or complaint after the event. Where is the arguement to have the trade reversed, or anuled? There is no arguement. It feels like the Saints are just taking their 'bunny' medicine from the AFL, and quietly accepting this situation.
Man up bloke

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Now Brendan Goddard has come out bagging Carlisle, I am more confident that Carlisle will make it at the Saints.

Seems like it is everybody else's fault but bj that he has a problem with teammates. First Chapman not Carlisle.

Also nice to see that bj has picked up the Essendon arrogance of commenting on other clubs and putting words in the mouth of "mates".

The same "mates" he walked out on BTW.

Pretty disappointing for him to be opening his mouth on issues that is none of his business. No wonder Carlisle smacked him in the mouth.

You are garbage - Enough said
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I don't know why you need to trust him. He's not dating your daughter or performing surgery on you.

Trust is the basis of all goods sporting teams. Trust from teammates that you will run off your man to get to the contest or put pressure or will have you back when the heat is on. Trust from the coaches that you are looking after yourself after club contact hours. Would you trust anything Carlisle says to you as a coach at the moment? I wouldn't. Trust has to be earned play by play, act by act over a long period, not just because you pull on a jumper.

CArlisle lied to his manager and our club (and probably Essendon and his family). Addicts will often lie as they want to keep their addiction secret because of shame or ramifications with job etc. Jake's erratic, explosive behaviours - punching Goddard, slagging off his club to the oppo, publicly spitting the dummy over position changes - could be explained by the frazzled desperation and physical toll of addiction. Taking the huge risk of doing drugs when you have a huge drug investigation hanging over yours and your teammates head indicates someone who literally can't stop themselves. Coming to our club early but only being on light physical duties indicates to me he could well be getting some addiction rehab.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
Coming to our club early but only being on light physical duties indicates to me he could well be getting some addiction rehab.
Or he's carrying some sort of niggle like the others on light duties.

I would have thought a footy club is like any other workplace - you get on well with some other workers and simply work with the others.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
Coming to our club early but only being on light physical duties indicates to me he could well be getting some addiction rehab.
Or that he's actually come along early but still mindful that, technically, he is not supposed to start full training for another two weeks.
As a 7th year player, his workload would need to be managed just like the other early-mid 20's players on the list.

It was a show of good faith by Jake to agree to come to the club early and maybe the good faith shown by St Kilda in return was not to put him on full duties until all the other 5+ year players come back from holidays.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
Or that he's actually come along early but still mindful that, technically, he is not supposed to start full training for another two weeks.
As a 7th year player, his workload would need to be managed just like the other early-mid 20's players on the list.

It was a show of good faith by Jake to agree to come to the club early and maybe the good faith shown by St Kilda in return was not to put him on full duties until all the other 5+ year players come back from holidays.
There would be very little "good faith" towards Jake from the club. They have invested huge in this guy and its been a very sour start with his lies and deceit. More likely St Kilda demanded he come straight away to get him into rehab. He was doing drugs WITH A DRUG INVESTIGATION HANGING OVER HIS HEAD! He punched a team mate. He spewed random s*** out about his club to the oppo. The club would not have wanted him pushing himself with god knows what he has been doing to his body over the last couple of months.

I'm hoping he did the mature thing and finally came clean about the extent of his problems to get genuine help. That's the starting point of him getting better. It would be tied into any emotional/psychological problems he has from not having that father figure in his life. That's what rehab does - it digs into the underlying problems that addiction is a symptom of. Do we want another Cousin's situation with no one at the club wanting to admit the extent of his problems and it destroying his life?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:Have just been cheering myself up with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb-PKNfqgRU

Jake Carlisle 8 goals vs Western Bulldogs Round 18 2014
A great highlights reel. It's exciting to think we have landed a solid defender who is also no stranger to booting the odd goal. He is very strong overhead. That last mark he plucked was fantastic.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Bluthy wrote:

There would be very little "good faith" towards Jake from the club. They have invested huge in this guy and its been a very sour start with his lies and deceit. More likely St Kilda demanded he come straight away to get him into rehab. He was doing drugs WITH A DRUG INVESTIGATION HANGING OVER HIS HEAD! He punched a team mate. He spewed random s*** out about his club to the oppo. The club would not have wanted him pushing himself with god knows what he has been doing to his body over the last couple of months.

I'm hoping he did the mature thing and finally came clean about the extent of his problems to get genuine help. That's the starting point of him getting better. It would be tied into any emotional/psychological problems he has from not having that father figure in his life. That's what rehab does - it digs into the underlying problems that addiction is a symptom of. Do we want another Cousin's situation with no one at the club wanting to admit the extent of his problems and it destroying his life?
Your hysteria is quite amusing. Why are you so sure he's a drug addict? The Wada stuff is also irrelevant. Has nothing to do with his current situation. Give it a rest.

He's a Saint. Move on.

#standbyjake

8856brother wrote:
He's a Saint. Move on.

#standbyjake
Wonderful deep analysis. Brilliant insights. You've added so much to this discussion. You've turned me around. It'a all good bro. Go Jake bro. You are a saint I love ya bro. Life is so much better when you don't need to use your brain.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Pffft...equally brilliant insight from someone who believe snorting powder at least once makes you a drug addict! I'm not sure when this forum was invaded by the Country Womens Association, but this sort of hysteria belongs in background discussion at the next lamington drive. What's done is done, I wasn't a fan of it either, but I'd rather support the guy now he's on our list than endlessly pot him on a forum. Let's see what unfolds rather than predict the worst.
Last edited by degruch on Mon 16 Nov 2015 12:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
8856brother wrote:
He's a Saint. Move on.

#standbyjake
Wonderful deep analysis. Brilliant insights. You've added so much to this discussion. You've turned me around. It'a all good bro. Go Jake bro. You are a saint I love ya bro. Life is so much better when you don't need to use your brain.
No problem. Thank you. Keep making assumptions, that's an even better way to analyse things. Keep it simple and stick to facts. Might help your hysterical argument.

I'll ask again. Why are you assuming he is an addict?

Toy Saint wrote:The more I learn about the Carlisle scandal, the more I question our clubs due dillagance......how could we possibly be so stupid?

Your theory is surely a joke. As if anyone at the club would let the AFL do that and as if the AFL would do that. Do you think the AFL also told Carlisle to say Essendon was a f****** joke?

ripplug66
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Bluthy wrote:

Rehab? Seriously Bluthy you do make some rather strange statements. As for punching a team mate well I think you would be surprised how often that happens t training. It is no big deal at all.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
8856brother wrote:
He's a Saint. Move on.

#standbyjake
No problem. Thank you. Keep making assumptions, that's an even better way to analyse things. Keep it simple and stick to facts. Might help your hysterical argument.

Why are you assuming he's not an addict? I'm just saying there are some pointers indicating he may be. Yes its a half-baked theory but so is the theory he just caught out having a little fun once. Only the inner circle will know. Why are you so defensive about the possibility he may have a serious drug issue? It's not hysterical to point out an erractic pattern of behaviour. The hysteria is this constant "move on...get round Jake" inane crap from people scared that there may be a deeper truth here. The truth is always beautiful. The club won't be scared at looking for that deeper truth - why are so many people here?

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

ShareTTweetBMailAMore

St Kilda Saints player Jake Carlisle has accepted a two-game ban and agreed to drug rehabilitation after video emerged of him allegedly snorting a white powder

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/1 ... y8l6jBr.99

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
ripplug66
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
8856brother wrote:
He's a Saint. Move on.

#standbyjake

Why are you assuming he's not an addict? I'm just saying there are some pointers indicating he may be. Yes its a half-baked theory but so is the theory he just caught out having a little fun once. Only the inner circle will know. Why are you so defensive about the possibility he may have a serious drug issue? It's not hysterical to point out an erractic pattern of behaviour. The hysteria is this constant "move on...get round Jake" inane crap from people scared that there may be a deeper truth here. The truth is always beautiful. The club won't be scared at looking for that deeper truth - why are so many people here?

I don't and have never used drugs but I would guess most of the people using drugs are not addicts and being a AFL footballer would suggest it is even less likely. You do go way over the top sometimes and in this case I think you have. Anyway he is ours now so what is the point of suggesting he is an addict. Its just emotive rubbish. Lets get behind him because no amount of crap written about him will change what has happened or help the guy. The club have many more details than us and problem a lot more knowledge on this that us so its time to trust the club and stop these emotive and seemingly silly statements.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
8856brother wrote:
He's a Saint. Move on.

#standbyjake

I personally just want to get on with footy. Whether we like it or not Jake is now a Saint. I hope his health is ok and he will learn from his embarrassing mistake. It has already cost him far more than any other AFL player who has ever snorted a line of coke before. And there's been plenty. It has cost him in a huge way, both financially and personally. I don't see the point in dragging him through the mud even more, searching for more issues to hang him.

Jake will either make a go of his time with us or he'll f### up again and be gone. Until that time I will forgive, forget and support him. He now plays for the team I love, and hopefully he puts his head down, arse up and works hard to become a great Saints player in our next tilt at that elusive flag.

I don't think this view is inane.

Get around him. :D

Hilarious. Some hysteric accusing a player of being a drug addict demanding others prove he is not.

The onus of proof is on the accuser. Show us the proof he is a drug addict.

It is only your wild imagination. Until there is definitive proof not ignorant supposition, your allegations will be seen as silly and no credibility.

So show us the proof Bluthy. Make us believers. Or are you just full of it?

You are garbage - Enough said
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Hilarious. Some hysteric accusing a player of being a drug addict demanding others prove he is not.

The onus of proof is on the accuser. Show us the proof he is a drug addict.

It is only your wild imagination. Until there is definitive proof not ignorant supposition, your allegations will be seen as silly and no credibility.

So show us the proof Bluthy. Make us believers. Or are you just full of it?
More vomiting of witless overblown straw man crap as per usual Bunk. I posted the link that Carlisle had entered drug rehabilitation. What more proof do you want that he has a problem? Or is that some sort of AFL forced tinfoil-hat conspiracy? Maybe you and Ian Rush should join forces Mulder and Scully style to stop the Alien Illumanti royal bloodline that is obviously controlling the AFL - Gill McLachlan?- aliens are known to have gills - amirite?!

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:I personally just want to get on with footy. Whether we like it or not Jake is now a Saint. I hope his health is ok and he will learn from his embarrassing mistake. It has already cost him far more than any other AFL player who has ever snorted a line of coke before. And there's been plenty. It has cost him in a huge way, both financially and personally. I don't see the point in dragging him through the mud even more, searching for more issues to hang him.

Jake will either make a go of his time with us or he'll f### up again and be gone. Until that time I will forgive, forget and support him. He now plays for the team I love, and hopefully he puts his head down, arse up and works hard to become a great Saints player in our next tilt at that elusive flag.

I don't think this view is inane.

Get around him. :D
My view is that we have every right, nay a duty, to unpack exactly what we got in this deal that saw us lose our pick 5 where we could have got an elite creamy mid. This is what we do here for every player on the list in our usual ignorant know-it-all fashion. So we shouldn't discuss Geary's kicking - we should "get round" him instead. Someone said Dunstan (a second year player) had peaked. Where is everyone not "getting round" him? I think Jake with his half a mill a year and huge resources of the club will be fine.

It never hurts to shine a light on the darkness. You might not like what you see initially, but it lets you clean things up properly. My gut says people saying "move on" are terrified there is more to this and also probably have skeletons in their closet they are petrified of coming out. Because it quite hysterical behaviour putting fingers your ears and shouting "shut up shut up I don't want to hear it nanananananana"

Still not sure what this "get round him" thing is all about. Do you mean we should stage an intervention? I think the club is handling that as they won't be afraid to look at the reality of the situation of what they have traded in instead of the Oprah like "forgive and forget" and just purely hoping things go ok. We are a more professional club than that hopefully.