All about Geelong

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Re: All about Geelong

anyway I agree with BM. and to add to that whats with all the bs about Dusty Martin being in the running for the brownlow. Who dreamed that one up.

To the top
SS Life Member

And now they are complaining that they could not get Dangerfield and Motlop back onto the ground!

Well, whose call was that?

And, simply, you only play as well as your opponents allow.

Remember also that we played a draw (we should have won) against them last year.

Geelong are a side which enjoys a massive advantage playing at their home ground - and that needs to be factored into their results.

The Victorian replica of West Coast except that, as with the ageing and faltering NM, where the draw is now evening out and they are playing more highly rated sides, they are also a very old side.

On what we saw was it the correct decision to move Johnson on and keep Bartel?

A core of their older players, to me, appear shot and not up to the standard when youth brings pace and fierceness to the contest.

The only area that I thought they had on us was their overhead marking abilities courtesy of having 2 ruck men (including looking to exploit us forward) and that put pressure on us at times - plus us having to ruck Bruce which I do not like.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It was Powell

He cleaned up Ling and said "you got what you deserved you ugly red headed c###"

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It was Powell

He cleaned up Ling and said "you got what you deserved you ugly red headed c###"
Now, there was a really tough player. No one wanted to box with him either.

Darth Vader
Club Player

Done worry gang, we'll just have to prove them all wrong and the love we get will be all the sweeter. Wonder how much Ross's bubble turned the media against us and they're slow to come back? We had plenty of positive coverage in 03/04/05, then the Ross years weren't great for media involvement, as well as sponsorship and membership. Current admin trying to turn it around, but more work to be done. Keep winning and they can't ignore us.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Dumped sookwood from my fantasy team because of his antics. Maggot

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Least Ch 10 news lead sports story is in Travis Cloke and the maggies

I couldn't get through the night without an update on Trav... After all he is a b grade power forward in a 13th ranked team

I need to hear about how he trained!!!!

Saint 58
Club Player

Scollop wrote:
HardSaint wrote:
Saint 58 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Let them underrate us. Respect is something you have to earn over a long period. Us going on a road trip and not being smashed by 10-20 goals would be a good start in earning it.
Yes we have to earn respect but ...

Fxxx Geelong
Fxxx Scott
Fxxx his brother
Fxxx Scarlett who deserves to be beaten senseless
Fxxx the arrogant dickheads sitting in front of me that I sent packing
And finally
Fxxx my condescending brother in law that can give it but can't take it

Go Sainters !
Love it

and fxxx the smugness that greeted me in train with herds of well dressed casual mid life crisis guys and their well dressed bogan sons, and tizzed up cats ear tiara wearing females, haha Selwood this and hoho Jimmy Bartel that, Malcolm Turnbull this, Adolf Hitler that
fxxx them an their tainted flag against us,
Fxxx them and Geelong smugness
I dont give a rats about how the media portrays the it - not a lot of smugness on the train home
Gold from HardSaint and Saint 58

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just a quickie on this:
I caught up with my condescending brother in law today
Before he could say anything, I said how we were lucky to win by 3 points
....... because we were so poor in the 3rd quarter & turned the ball over a fair bit during the game
Then I walked away before he had a chance to respond
Hope he choked on his coffee haha !!

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
Griggsy
SS Life Member

If I knew how to make a gif I would make one of the front on shot of Hawkins clipping his owned heel and tripping up, must be watching the euros atm and thought he would give it a shot.

My second gif would be the gresh haha. play to win, not for free kicks.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

At least their week got better....

Emma Hawkins, the wife of Geelong star Tom Hawkins, never thought she would see her wedding gown again after it was stolen, along with her car, just days after their March wedding.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/emma- ... z4CxuJTnD7

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:And now they are complaining that they could not get Dangerfield and Motlop back onto the ground!

Well, whose call was that?
Exactly.

They probably thought the game was in the bag because Cats kicked their last goal with Danger cutting loose and handing a joe the goose gift to Motlop. It put them 9 points up with only minutes to go.

They were happy that their two matchwinners were off the ground and smug while Selwood was still marshalling the troops. Then their arrogance turned to horror and fear when Gresh and Steven wiped the smugness from their faces

It was hilarious watching them all post game. Their FF and captain, all ably led and influenced by the arrogant coach, believed they were robbed. Even after replays showed feet were tangled and Hawkins basically tripped himself. How arrogant can you get?