Do any of our players read these forums.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints43
Club Player

Re: Do any of our players read these forums.

Sainternist wrote:
andrewg wrote:I am Gordan Fode
And I'm Jeff Hilton.
I hope your mum doesn't read SS cos you were ordinary Jeff. Bad hair too.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
I wasn't aware of Rod Butterss posting here.
He sure did............. back in the days when he an GT were buddies. Butterss came on occasionally on Friday nights, nowhere near as frequently as GT though.

GT put Nathan Burke on one evening for a cyber chat, this was when the team were in South Africa.

Actually before the team went to Sth Africa, GT came on the site and offered up a place for poster to accompany the group to SA, seems they had a spare spot at the 13th hour................ of course they would have had to pay for the trip, never heard if anyone on here took up the offer. GT said the decision had to be made within 24 hours, so that counted out many.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i remember a night where both grant and buttarse were posting together under grant's user name.....they were drinking red wine at the time..heaps.......laugh a minute....also remember the time clay came on here and scooped the club by telling us inside info about an injured player..he got into trouble for that one......

...grant tried to post regularly on here more recently after he left the club and footy confidential but a couple of real a-holes drove him away....shame that.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i remember a night where both grant and buttarse were posting together under grant's user name.....they were drinking red wine at the time..heaps.......laugh a minute....also remember the time clay came on here and scooped the club by telling us inside info about an injured player..he got into trouble for that one......

...grant tried to post regularly on here more recently after he left the club and footy confidential but a couple of real a-holes drove him away....shame that.....
Hey Stinger I'm not so sure anyone on this site drove him away. GT now has business interests in internet based products that conflict with this website. Maybe if we offer him some appearance money he might appear again. Do you really think he'd be frightened away by anonymous internet characters, I'm guessing not.

loris
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i remember a night where both grant and buttarse were posting together under grant's user name.....they were drinking red wine at the time..heaps.......laugh a minute....also remember the time clay came on here and scooped the club by telling us inside info about an injured player..he got into trouble for that one......

Yep GT really was one who listened to supporters and appreciated any feedback we gave him on SS. He really took an interest in us all.

I can remember when Roger had his heart attack and I posted on the site Roger was in hospital and not in a very good way. I got home late that night and went into S/S amongst all the messages of good wishes for Roger was a post from Grant asking me to get in-touch with him at the Club the next morning. I rang the Club, GT was at a meeting but his secretary(?) when I said who I was, said Grant expected me to ring and wanted to know what hospital Roger was in. Grant rang that outer suburban hospital that I had given, but Roger had since been transferred to an ICU at a hospital in Perth.

Not to be put off Grant kept ringing the hospital for a few days until Roger was allowed to have phone calls, just to check how he was. I can remember one of the doctors saying they were trying to get Roger stable and when a nurse would come and tell him there was another message from GT, it would cause all the monitors attached to him to buzz/ring etc. & get his blood pressure racing!!!!! Finally Roger and Grant got to have that phone chat.

I just wonder how many AFL coaches in Melbourne would ring a Club supporter in a Perth hospital to check on his welfare.................... a Saint supporter he hadn't personally met, just some poster on a Saint supporters fan site. Not many I bet.

GT was sure one who worked at grass roots level to get supporters on board and most importantly to become members. He was instrumental in getting our Club rising again to be respected as a force. .............. pity it went off the rails somewhat when he & Butterss fell out............... but he gifted Lyon a great team and a confident mob of supporters............. pity that didn't work out too :cry: :cry: :cry:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:

Yep GT really was one who listened to supporters and appreciated any feedback we gave him on SS. He really took an interest in us all.

I can remember when Roger had his heart attack and I posted on the site Roger was in hospital and not in a very good way. I got home late that night and went into S/S amongst all the messages of good wishes for Roger was a post from Grant asking me to get in-touch with him at the Club the next morning. I rang the Club, GT was at a meeting but his secretary(?) when I said who I was, said Grant expected me to ring and wanted to know what hospital Roger was in. Grant rang that outer suburban hospital that I had given, but Roger had since been transferred to an ICU at a hospital in Perth.

Not to be put off Grant kept ringing the hospital for a few days until Roger was allowed to have phone calls, just to check how he was. I can remember one of the doctors saying they were trying to get Roger stable and when a nurse would come and tell him there was another message from GT, it would cause all the monitors attached to him to buzz/ring etc. & get his blood pressure racing!!!!! Finally Roger and Grant got to have that phone chat.

I just wonder how many AFL coaches in Melbourne would ring a Club supporter in a Perth hospital to check on his welfare.................... a Saint supporter he hadn't personally met, just some poster on a Saint supporters fan site. Not many I bet.

GT was sure one who worked at grass roots level to get supporters on board and most importantly to become members. He was instrumental in getting our Club rising again to be respected as a force. .............. pity it went off the rails somewhat when he & Butterss fell out............... but he gifted Lyon a great team and a confident mob of supporters............. pity that didn't work out too :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hey Loris, Roger was one of the greats of Sainsational. Had the pleasure of meeting him over here and always enjoyed his posts. Funny, he could be absolutely scathing of the club, yet it was always rational.
Please buy him a beer from me!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

Hey Stinger I'm not so sure anyone on this site drove him away. GT now has business interests in internet based products that conflict with this website. Maybe if we offer him some appearance money he might appear again. Do you really think he'd be frightened away by anonymous internet characters, I'm guessing not.

he was abused by certain posters who i won't name...i was appalled at some of the comments, questions, statement and opinions directed at him...cringe making...i think he realised that he couldn't win...so he packed up and gave us a miss...real shame imho......

i think my origin statement was spot on...don't think conflicting business inters had anything to do with it......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
I wasn't aware of Rod Butterss posting here.
He sure did............. back in the days when he an GT were buddies. Butterss came on occasionally on Friday nights, nowhere near as frequently as GT though.

GT put Nathan Burke on one evening for a cyber chat, this was when the team were in South Africa.

Actually before the team went to Sth Africa, GT came on the site and offered up a place for poster to accompany the group to SA, seems they had a spare spot at the 13th hour................ of course they would have had to pay for the trip, never heard if anyone on here took up the offer. GT said the decision had to be made within 24 hours, so that counted out many.
Thanks for the clarification, Loris. I remember the South African trip. From memory, they did it at the end of the 2004 season. Apparently Brisbane had done it previously during their golden era between 2001-03. I was certainly posting on this forum back then. I was probably trying to get over the trauma of the PF loss around then by taking my mind off the footy, hence not looking at the forum. 24 hours notice is very little time for anyone to plan an overseas trip. If someone actually did go, you would think they a) must be taking time off or b) are a retiree, or even c) planning to escape from their own life back here to roam the earth. It certainly sounded like a strange offer from GT. I'm guessing no one actually took it.
Saints43 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
andrewg wrote:I am Gordan Fode
And I'm Jeff Hilton.
I hope your mum doesn't read SS cos you were ordinary Jeff. Bad hair too.
Thanks maaaaate!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!