Indigenous Round guernsey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Indigenous Round guernsey

terry smith rules wrote:
Sainternist wrote:How is it that The Three Cs got the least offensive guernseys! Freakin' BS!
Enrico_Misso wrote:Of more concern is wasn't there something about an "anti-homophobia" round?

Goodness knows what jumper designs they will come up with for that :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Fishnet guernsey, leather shorts with matching leather biker cap and players donning handlebar mustaches :mrgreen:
Think you need to get back in the time machine and head back to 1972

Why are the jumpers offensive? The north melbourne one is sensational and tells a story about the history of the club. Are you offended by the designs or the concept of the round. Because by the red neck and very unfunny comment re the anti homophobic round I tend to think it is the concepts
Chill out, TSR!

Of course I'm not offended by the concept of the round. I actually embrace the idea of paying tribute to all the great Indigenous Australians to play our game (past and present). I'm just not a fan of the guernsies. I find them tacky and Ken Done-esque. Also, IMO, an effective design for a footy guernsey - or any sports jersey/uniform, for that matter - needs to be simple. The designs are way too busy and technicoloured.

You're also making assumptions about being against the anti-homophobia round. It was merely a bit of tongue-in-cheek humour, with reference the stereotype made towards gay men in the Police Academy movies

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:At least we've established that Adam Goodes' mother is colour blind.
And talentless when it comes to art. Can we have a nepotism round?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:At least we've established that Adam Goodes' mother is colour blind.
And talentless when it comes to art. Can we have a nepotism round?
Who gives a Shyte about Goodes?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

How lame was the decorated match ball tonight? Looked like an Easter egg.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:How lame was the decorated match ball tonight? Looked like an Easter egg.
You don't seem big on Indigenous Art which I can understand.

But if so, you're probably not going to like any of the corresponding Guernseys & artwork associated with the round?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Sainternist wrote:How lame was the decorated match ball tonight? Looked like an Easter egg.
You don't seem big on Indigenous Art which I can understand.

But if so, you're probably not going to like any of the corresponding Guernseys & artwork associated with the round?
I like Indigenous art, but it belongs in proper places for exhibit or rock faces, not footy on paraphernalia. This so called "art" for the Indigenous Round is a gimmick, IMO.