Time for Roo to move up the ground

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time for Roo to move up the ground

Loyally Numbed wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Loyally Numbed wrote:
NeXtmess-stringer wrote:We seemed better on the weekend when he was on the bench.

He was on one leg and cant take a contested mark. Think he should retire at years end before he becomes a cripple
I was thinking this last year !!

But this year he has stepped it up a notch, but I fear you are right, he's teetering on the edge of that dilemna that afflicts a lot of champions,

"do I play longer and risk making a fool of myself or do I go sooner while I still got it".

This is why the backline idea has so much merit, the expectations, or the workload, won't be as high and he'll be able to maintain his dignity in the twighlight of his career.

How long is gonna be before some runny nose young fullback gives him an absolute shellacking, and all dignitry will be gone.
I'm actually warming to the idea, the sillier it sounds the less logic it makes but sometimes these types of ideas have very slim chances of working out so I can see why you are running with it.

It could look revolutionary if Roo goes to the backline and Simpkin goes to forward line, it makes complete sense. I'll send an email to AR.

Did you retire at the age of 13 so you wouldn't lose your dignity?

The nuances of sarcasm I'm detecting here, reveal a genuine restistance to idea of Rooey down back, (even sounds good, doesn't it?) Try it, Rooey down back, lol.

Two words, good friend, two words........ 'Let Go'

Just try to let go of that image you have of Rooey in his superstar years, this is the problem you have, you can't accept that's it's nearly over.

I know.... I know, you want just one more screamer, just one more act of insane bravery, just one more wobbly punt sailing thru the behind posts (well maybe not that, but u get the picture)

It's like a drug that you are addicted to, you have to admit this to yourself before you will get better.
LOOK!...a Ulysses butterfly.