Kiwis not buying in

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Megamaguire
Club Player

St. Lenny is right

I agree with St.Lenny - let it play out for a while. We don't need to over -analyse it before we have some solid data on board.
Besides our club needs alternative revenue streams still as the afl are yet to buy back the Dome and allow our club to play on a level playing field (financially).

I like the long term view as vital in our club's planning processes a la Hawthorn (and Geelong for that matter).
I always wondered about us pulling the pin on our Tassie adventure - was it a knee - jerk reaction? Secretly l prefered the Saints back @ the Dome (as we were more likely to win and move closer to top 4 opportunities) but the financial pressures and our monied world can make or break our club any day of the week! We are still in survival mode!

Personally if the players can bag the 4 pts l think we will have collected the maximum result we could for season '14.

GO SAINTS! :D

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Kiwis not buying in

Has this been posted yet?

St Kilda look at doubling New Zealand games.
"......that regularity of coming back to Wellington year on year, with the support and growth with the work AFL New Zealand is doing in the schools, the dream is that AFL becomes a regular feature on the sporting calendar in New Zealand. We've got a pretty bold target by 2018. We'd like to think we could have up to 10,000 New Zealand-based members of the club.
"That gives you a sense of the fact that we're serious about it." - Matt Finnis.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... zqyeu.html