Hickey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hickey

BigMart wrote:WW

If that view of me makes you comfortable? It's a bit sad you want me to be what you imagine... Why would you care?

I think you hope that's the case?

Some forum members have met me... They could probably attest to the fact that you're a bit off the mark (typically) but if it makes you feel better?!

Your fascination with my occupation, and life is bizarre...

Another thing,
Stop getting so personal? It's a bit petty I think?...
Why don't you take YOUR own advice? It would give you some credibility. I'm not fascinated by you. I pity you. I have no interest in you, whatsoever. I doubt I'd even speak to you if I didn't have to. YOU'RE a sad and pathetic individual. YOU'RE the king of getting personal. It's why you are held in such contempt on this forum, but you just don't get it, do you? Keep living in YOUR delusional little sheltered workshop. If you need some help decorating the basement, PM me. I can always get some do-gooder volunteers to come around and help someone like you.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I'm the KING of getting personal....

Mmm?...

Re-read your post and try and see the irony?

The second part of your reply is just personal abuse?.... Funny...

The previous post is straight out personal... Not even related to footy.

Really... A mod should ban you for just being abusive....

As I said previous
The anger in your posts is obvious, and it takes away from the credibility of your comments IMO

I reckon tone the irrelevant stuff down, ie/ about the basement or whatever that means, and focus on Hickey or something not about me, and about Stk

You seem to have lost it?!

P66 on steroids ATM

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes,

Is it that one can't change their view given performance? Up until now... Unimpressive 10ppg, 10 HO per game... And never really had a good game? Until the other night

Although,

Credit where credit is due for Tom

His best game of AFL footy, and played well, which was an Good game, All be it. Against . Not a dominant game (statistically he was well beaten) ...

It's a long season.... However... He will meet some better opposition I reckon? Happy for him to develop, then if he does... What with Longer?!

Arryn was a gun, Stanley was a gun?

A bit like some of my other calls that have been smashed initially... Then silence later.... And obviously been wrong too...
Lenny Hayes being able to return after a knee at 32 and be dominant again?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Hickey will keep getting better- a great scenario for us.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Hickey will keep getting better- a great scenario for us.
Yep, very happy with the big fella's progress.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I'm the KING of getting personal....

Mmm?...

As I said previous
The anger in your posts is obvious, and it takes away from the credibility of your comments IMO

I reckon tone the irrelevant stuff down, ie/ about the basement or whatever that means, and focus on Hickey or something not about me, and about Stk

P66 on steroids ATM

What a weird post. has a go at others for getting personal and then mentions me when it had nothing to do with me. Seriously you could not be a teacher. Thats not personal ny the way, it just comes across as fact.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yes,

Is it that one can't change their view given performance? Up until now... Unimpressive 10ppg, 10 HO per game... And never really had a good game? Until the other night

Although,

Credit where credit is due for Tom

His best game of AFL footy, and played well, which was an Good game, All be it. Against . Not a dominant game (statistically he was well beaten) ...

It's a long season.... However... He will meet some better opposition I reckon? Happy for him to develop, then if he does... What with Longer?!

Arryn was a gun, Stanley was a gun?

A bit like some of my other calls that have been smashed initially... Then silence later.... And obviously been wrong too...
Lenny Hayes being able to return after a knee at 32 and be dominant again?

Other calls. Rooy runs like a super rules player after round one in 2012. Milney and lenny will retire at the end of 2012 after round one 2012. After that comment have no idea what your last line even means. Again not personal just fact.

elvis lives
Club Player

Would much rather have a forum of people making calls - big, small, right, wrong, ludicrous. You know people who write posts with an opinion on footy and saints related matters. I mean, if it was just a forum of people who seeming spend every minute of their waking lives criticizing everyone else's opinions it wouldn't be much fun how would it?

I am marching in the Saints army
dragit
Saintsational Legend

elvis lives wrote:Would much rather have a forum of people making calls - big, small, right, wrong, ludicrous. You know people who write posts with an opinion on footy and saints related matters. I mean, if it was just a forum of people who seeming spend every minute of their waking lives criticizing everyone else's opinions it wouldn't be much fun how would it?
Great post elvis.

I think people also appreciate when posters admit to making bad calls.

Just like a problem gambler, you only hear about the "wins" from some people, but they never seem to mention the other 50 bets/calls they made that went down the toilet.

Everyone gets a few calls calls right if you make enough of them, incessantly reminding everyone with "i told you so" is just pathetic.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

One thing is for sure, Armo rates him. Some of Hickey's best work were excellent palms straight to Armo who just took possession and burst through the centre. I am a big fan of #1!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: Up until now... Unimpressive 10ppg, 10 HO per game... And never really had a good game?
Up until now Hickey has played 24 games and is barely 23yo

The guy plays in a position whereby its known that his type do not come good until physically developing after many years in the system.

From day one you have written him off ... period ... did not even give him an iota of a chance.

Deep down you know you went early and didn't equate his rawness with his huge scope for improvement.

Just admit you most likely got this one wrong.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I'm the KING of getting personal....

Mmm?...

As I said previous

P66 on steroids ATM
As an arch narcissist you will never understand. It's all about you. Look up narcissism on the web. Lack of empathy, delusions of grandeur, attacking those who don't recognise YOUR brilliance, an extraordinary need to be praised, hypersensitivity to criticism. That, chumly, describes you to a tee. I'd rather be P66 on steroids than you, my morbidly obese, pimply, 40 year old, illiterate virgin. YOU'RE the biggest joke on this forum, not that you'd admit it, because YOU'RE perfect. Have you got the concept of the contractive apostrophe, teach? :mrgreen:

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Gord

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Gord

Agreed SP.

Who would have thought Tom Hickey could arouse such passions? :mrgreen:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:
saintkid wrote:Hickey did well tonight and shows justification in the early pick. Lee is the dud pick, been told for those around back then that he is a worse player than Jodi Arnol who was also an early pick.

Apparently Lee was woeful for Sandy today. What on earth did they see in this guy to trade such an early pick? What a waste.
Interestingly Lee has never played well for Sandy. Be patient, he will be a player and we should persist with him ahead of Maister. I remember Jodi Arnol and the comparisons are ridiculous.
I hope he does make it but his speed is a worry. Looks slow and turns like a Mac truck. According to our neighbour Jodi Arnol was taken at No. 3 back in 1989 and he swears Lee moves like him and ended up being delisted.
corret...not one of our better picks.......did play 13 games for 13 goals....guess that number was unlucky for him...

lee has ten games for ten goals.......spooky....... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
spert wrote:Hickey will keep getting better- a great scenario for us.
Yep, very happy with the big fella's progress.
+1 :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

elvis lives wrote:Would much rather have a forum of people making calls - big, small, right, wrong, ludicrous. You know people who write posts with an opinion on footy and saints related matters. I mean, if it was just a forum of people who seeming spend every minute of their waking lives criticizing everyone else's opinions it wouldn't be much fun how would it?

i agree with you there.....there are two types of posters on this forum in the main....the ones who mostly put themselves out there and give an opinion....and the ones who just go around posting their inane offensive derisive comments....don't know what's going on here but i would put marto and white winmare BOTH in the former...... i like reading their posts....most of the second types...clowns mostly...i have on ignore.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
As an arch narcissist you will never understand. It's all about you. Look up narcissism on the web. Lack of empathy, delusions of grandeur, attacking those who don't recognise YOUR brilliance, an extraordinary need to be praised, hypersensitivity to criticism. :

oh f***...that sounds like me..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Jesus how many threads do you blokes hijack,quite boring really!

PADDLEPOP1000
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Can't be bothered reading the drama on this thread.

Hickey is already a better tap ruckman than Ben and will only get better. Very happy with him.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

+1

PADDLEPOP1000
Statsman
Club Player

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Jesus how many threads do you blokes hijack,quite boring really!
Yep, yet another thread ruined. It's so tiresome and really detracts from what Saintsational once was.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I pretty much dread seeing BM post now as you can guarantee plugger and WW will pop up and quote no matter what.

if only I could get TAB odds

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Skeptic

Is that my fault?

The vendetta is boring I agree... But slamming me for having an opinion and declaring I am a fool for it?!

After one game?! And the sprouting I went early?

Clearly a baiting attack because of there silly little hatred thing they have going

After Sat
I thought Tom played quite well... He was actually beaten statistically, but I believe was more effective....Than who though??

And he is nowhere near at the level Ben is... I can prove that easily on straight out effectiveness numbers

Bit he is less experience

Jury is out still IMO and I still think he has clear weaknesses

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Skeptic

Is that my fault?

The vendetta is boring I agree... But slamming me for having an opinion and declaring I am a fool for it?!

After one game?! And the sprouting I went early?

Clearly a baiting attack because of there silly little hatred thing they have going

After Sat
I thought Tom played quite well... He was actually beaten statistically, but I believe was more effective....Than who though??

And he is nowhere near at the level Ben is... I can prove that easily on straight out effectiveness numbers

Bit he is less experience

Jury is out still IMO and I still think he has clear weaknesses
How was he beaten statistically?