Bit sick of the vilification of Scott Watters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bit sick of the vilification of Scott Watters

satchmo wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
satchmo wrote: So Dave... if we make the eight while he's prez...how many shares are you gonna buy? :lol:
(A) Quiz?

The answer is none.

However, when we win a flag despite the prez..., I'm prepared to be magnanimous. :mrgreen:

That company has gone nowhere for decades... however the price is generally not too volatile, so maybe good for writing a few options against...?

Just what is the issue with the new prez, Dave? Pretty sure that AVJ is not the problem.
Why don't you actually accuse him of what you think he has done, and then( if necessary) he could defend himself?
Caro's most recent article (in another thread) begins to outline some of the problems beyond the "Watters is Diablo" narrative, Satchmo. Take a gander at some of the remarks re finance. What was Summers key board role before he was lifted to Prez?

Never, ever buy PR ahead of skepticism. It was Sigmund Freud's son, in the late 1920's, who designed the PR manifesto.

I literally hate the deception inherent in PR.

Pilger said it better;

http://johnpilger.com/articles/understa ... ew-fascism

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

satchmo wrote:Just what is the issue with the new prez, Dave? Pretty sure that AVJ is not the problem.
Why don't you actually accuse him of what you think he has done, and then( if necessary) he could defend himself?
:shock: :? I've laid out my questions before, I would have thought ad nauseum. Stuff like...

Gave Cuddles a long term commitment just three weeks before sacking him?

Our Club was been made to look a rabble, the presser should have hosed that down, but just made us look worse.

All of this negative press is because we sacked Cuddles, but why did we sack Cuddles...?
Answer is unknown...

Unknown, because pretty much every reason that was leaked as part of a clearly orchestrated smear campaign against Cuddles... was dismissed by Summers and Netters in that presser! :shock:
So why does our club now face a $500,000 payout???

Hides behind a 'confidentially agreement'. Hah, wants to show 'respect' for Cuddles? What a laugh.., after that smear campaign!?! Talk about 'when it suits'. :roll: I suspect the club may have a bit more to hide in the 'confidentiality agreement' than Cuddles does. :idea:
(Btw, notice how the leaks have dried up... mission accomplished? :idea: )

Hides behind 'trust me, I'm a top-flight businessman, I wear a suit and I speak corporatese'. That is where AVJ does become a problem Satch... check the share price since August 1998... check the feedback from people who've used that company... I thought they may have improved from their reputation of several decades ago... maybe not...?

I'm also very suspicious that both Summers and Netters were on the grassy knoll...

I could add stuff about apparent duplicity and the morals of that...
about not wanting our club to adopt a 'whatever it takes' approach like the three 'C's football clubs...
but this time I'm just sticking with the pragmatic stuff.

Oh, and no, I haven't bought any shares to sell... remember, I'm waiting for our 2018 flag, then I'll be magnanimous. :lol:

However, Satch', as a man of obviously greater faith in the management than I, how many AVJs have you snapped-up lately? Maybe that looming price resistance level is making you cautious??? Probably a wise move. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote: Gave Cuddles a long term commitment just three weeks before sacking him?
Did he?

After a number of official warnings they clearly outlined how Watters needed to change in order to keep his job.

Watters completely thumbed this advice and threw away his job. The club doesn't want to be paying out 500k, but this guy had to go.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
Caro's most recent article (in another thread) begins to outline some of the problems beyond the "Watters is Diablo" narrative, Satchmo. Take a gander at some of the remarks re finance. What was Summers key board role before he was lifted to Prez?

Never, ever buy PR ahead of skepticism. It was Sigmund Freud's son, in the late 1920's, who designed the PR manifesto.

Pilger said it better;

To paraphrase Robert Cialdini ToT, don't be an easy mark. Declare war on the persuaders and the exploiters.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote: Pilger said it better;

That was an interesting read, thanks TOT.

So Summers main role on the board was the PR?

The AFLs PR machine seems to have been well oiled, but I can't say that ours has been very efficient in the past. In fact it's almost as if someone flicked the switch to reverse.

I'm all for healthy skepticism, but I can't see the club surviving without stability. There is usually someone that wants to oust the incumbent, and skeptics (for better or for worse) are easily aroused.
So I resist the PR with the same measure that I resist lighting the torch.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
satchmo wrote:Just what is the issue with the new prez, Dave? Pretty sure that AVJ is not the problem.
:shock: :? I've laid out my questions before, I would have thought ad nauseum. Stuff like...

Gave Cuddles a long term commitment just three weeks before sacking him?

Our Club was been made to look a rabble, the presser should have hosed that down, but just made us look worse.

All of this negative press is because we sacked Cuddles, but why did we sack Cuddles...?
Answer is unknown...

Unknown, because pretty much every reason that was leaked as part of a clearly orchestrated smear campaign against Cuddles... was dismissed by Summers and Netters in that presser! :shock:
So why does our club now face a $500,000 payout???

Hides behind a 'confidentially agreement'. Hah, wants to show 'respect' for Cuddles? What a laugh.., after that smear campaign!?! Talk about 'when it suits'. :roll: I suspect the club may have a bit more to hide in the 'confidentiality agreement' than Cuddles does. :idea:
(Btw, notice how the leaks have dried up... mission accomplished? :idea: )

Hides behind 'trust me, I'm a top-flight businessman, I wear a suit and I speak corporatese'. That is where AVJ does become a problem Satch... check the share price since August 1998... check the feedback from people who've used that company... I thought they may have improved from their reputation of several decades ago... maybe not...?

I'm also very suspicious that both Summers and Netters were on the grassy knoll...

I could add stuff about apparent duplicity and the morals of that...
about not wanting our club to adopt a 'whatever it takes' approach like the three 'C's football clubs...
but this time I'm just sticking with the pragmatic stuff.

Oh, and no, I haven't bought any shares to sell... remember, I'm waiting for our 2018 flag, then I'll be magnanimous. :lol:

However, Satch', as a man of obviously greater faith in the management than I, how many AVJs have you snapped-up lately? Maybe that looming price resistance level is making you cautious??? Probably a wise move. :wink:
How much of this is fact Dave?

Did he give a long term commitment? Wouldn't a long term commitment be a contract?

Presser was a farce... so that's a fact. I have seen many inexperienced performers fail under lights, so I wont hang him on that one.

Was it a clearly orchestrated smear campaign against Scott? I must have missed those emails.
What exactly was the smear, because that might be the answer to to your why did they sack him question.

So the coach was sacked, and we don't know why. The information is probably sensitive. Possibly neither party wants it out there.
Hiding behind a confidentiality agreement? That would be a legally binding clause in a contract termination process? You could guess that they are protecting themselves, or Scott, but the real answer is likely both.
But if it is a contract, then to breach it in order to satisfy your (and others) curiosity would surely cost the club a lot of money, which is already another sore point.

"Hides behind 'trust me, I'm a top-flight businessman, I wear a suit and I speak corporatese'"
That just sounds like personal bitchiness Dave. Perhaps Robert Harvey is hiding behind 'trust me, I'm a great footballer that won two brownlow medals' ?
Not sure what the problem is there,Dave, unless you did buy the shares?

So in short, Dave, I'm not buying his shares, and I'm not buying your shares. I'm spending the money on myself.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote: Pilger said it better;

That was an interesting read, thanks TOT.

So Summers main role on the board was the PR?

The AFLs PR machine seems to have been well oiled, but I can't say that ours has been very efficient in the past. In fact it's almost as if someone flicked the switch to reverse.

I'm all for healthy skepticism, but I can't see the club surviving without stability. There is usually someone that wants to oust the incumbent, and skeptics (for better or for worse) are easily aroused.
So I resist the PR with the same measure that I resist lighting the torch.
No Satchmo, not PR - finance and audit committee - reference the mention of the uncommunicated cash flow problem and the subsequent 'bailout' facility.

Agree, stability is paramount. My skepticism centres on the problems never being as simple as Watters is Diablo, but the leaked PR campaign presenting it as such. When messages come via those who proclaim to be influential I get a whiff of PR and alarms go off.

The PR campaign ran stuff through Caro (and others) to bolster the perception they wanted developed, to till the soil for Watters' dismissal. It was always folly to think it would end there, once people like Caro started to get fed some of the rest of the story.

Not a lot of point bagging her for following up the spin (which doesn't have to untrue, just less than the full story, to constitute "spin") she was fed up to Watters sacking, by looking to see if there was more to the whole picture.

Lots of people were very happy for her to head up the chorus about Watters position being at risk, and it being down to him, alone. To think she would leave it at that is pretty naive and suggests an unwillingness to embrace skepticism ahead of an orchestrated campaign to distract from wider responsibilities for our current predicament.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:

Pilger said it better;

To paraphrase Robert Cialdini ToT, don't be an easy mark. Declare war on the persuaders and the exploiters.
Cialdini's 6 "Weapons of Influence" (reciprocation, commitment and consistency, social proof, liking, authority and scarcity) are certainly interesting, Pav.

Prefer a well constructed argument, meself.