Trade Period Success

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trade Period Success

st.byron wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Can someone please explain how Longer who has only played 9 games is worth us trading pick 25 for?

Doesn't make sense to me.
Because he's a highly mobile 201cm, 20 year old - shows great promise as a tap ruckman and was a top ten draft pick two years ago. McEvoy is gone and we're replacing him with a more versatile big man who has potentially ten years at the Saints as a quality ruckman.
It seems likely we have filled our key defensive holes, have added a mid who couldn't get a game with the premiers and still have three picks inside the top 20.
So spending what is essentially our fourth rounder on someone with that potential and rating is still a very good option.
Ok fair enough. Pick 25 is Dal. So it's Dal for Longer. Apples and Oranges so hard to compare.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Grrrrr wrote:Can GWS afford the luxury of three big men in their forward line? Cameron (gun), Patton (no. 1 pick 2012) and Boyd (supposed no. 1 pick 2013)? I have a gut feel that Boyd could come to us with no. 3 pick or if we can manage to pull of a trade with pick 3 and something else for GWS pick 1.

Hopeful though :)
That makes sense to me Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 8-) I really hope it happens.

PS: Glad you like it Eastern. :) If you haven't seen this one before, I think you may really like it also. No CGI, OH&S, closed roads or other BS... all those red lights are real. And the sound track... 8-)

Despite the theories, to this day the actual driver's identity remains a source of speculation. (I personally suspect he is actually one of our very own... from his wilder youth.) The director Claude LeLouch was put on trial, but legend has it that the presiding judge's young son had seen the footage and loved it. So the judge let LeLouch off. :lol: Those were the days...

Enjoy.
http://vimeo.com/34039780

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Live the dream Old Mate, live the dream

then get it shattered on Draft Day :wink: !!
Since I gave up hope I feel much better. Expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised!
dragit wrote:
Such a load of s***.

Chris Dawes got them 20 & 45... Bit apparently 31 is too much for White.

White is a much better footballer than Dawes.
The Pies certainly are good during trade negotiations. They also received great return on Wellington. Pricks.
Yes but it's actually cheating IMO.

Convincing players to strictly nominate Collingwood only is draft tampering as the club losing a player has absolutely no bargaining power.

Ball, Jolly... now White, Adams & Karnezis...

At least Caddy had the decency to let GCS get the best deal for him, surprised the pies didn't get him via the 'Connors' method.

At the very least collingwood should be made to use bloody 31... rather than advance to pick 6 while also getting pick 11 for a guy that can't get on the park... cause mental mick was silly enough to overpay him.

Not much you can do I guess, but it s***s me to no end... they need to get serious equalisation up and running ASAP.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Can someone please explain how Longer who has only played 9 games is worth us trading pick 25 for?

Doesn't make sense to me.
We were only going to waste it on someone who has never played an AFL game.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
: !!
Since I gave up hope I feel much better. Expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised!
dragit wrote:
Such a load of s***.

Chris Dawes got them 20 & 45... Bit apparently 31 is too much for White.

White is a much better footballer than Dawes.
The Pies certainly are good during trade negotiations. They also received great return on Wellington. Pricks.
Yes but it's actually cheating IMO.

Convincing players to strictly nominate Collingwood only is draft tampering as the club losing a player has absolutely no bargaining power.

Ball, Jolly... now White, Adams & Karnezis...

At least Caddy had the decency to let GCS get the best deal for him, surprised the pies didn't get him via the 'Connors' method.

At the very least collingwood should be made to use bloody 31... rather than advance to pick 6 while also getting pick 11 for a guy that can't get on the park... cause mental mick was silly enough to overpay him.

Not much you can do I guess, but it s***s me to no end... they need to get serious equalisation up and running ASAP.[/quote]

Usually agree with what you say but not this time. We are going to get Longer, Bruce and Delaney because they noimated us. Its no different. It certainly isnt draft tampering if other clubs cant get the best deal. We are going to get 2 of those players for basically nothing and the other for pick 25. I dont like them but great trading as ours seems to be this year.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Beat me to if plugger. I feel your pain tho dragit. It would be nice to take Taylor Adams from under their feet.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Bruce, Delaney & Longer might have nominated us, but I don't think we will be paying way under for them...
Dal santo, McEvoy & a third round (or fisher) is a pretty sizeable loss to make it all happen.

I bet another club would love White with a pick much higher than 44... alas he has nominated the pies only, do they'll give up SFA.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Bruce, Delaney & Longer might have nominated us, but I don't think we will be paying way under for them...
Dal santo, McEvoy & a third round (or fisher) is a pretty sizeable loss to make it all happen.

I bet another club would love White with a pick much higher than 44... alas he has nominated the pies only, do they'll give up SFA.

Well that just seems like great player management. getting in the ear of a player the Pies new Sydney were going to off load. And surely Ben wasnt involved in getting any of those 3 players.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:Bruce, Delaney & Longer might have nominated us, but I don't think we will be paying way under for them...

Well that just seems like great player management. getting in the ear of a player the Pies new Sydney were going to off load. And surely Ben wasnt involved in getting any of those 3 players.
To be honest, I don't know what the solution is... perhaps a commission or board that can assess and approve trades

I feel like the ball one cost us a flag...

What happens if in a couple of years Collingwood convince O'Meara and Jack Steven to go to them... They give GCS their first pick... then offer us a second or third round for Jack... He won't talk to any other clubs... Do we take it?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

To be honest, I don't know what the solution is... perhaps a commission or board that can assess and approve trades

I feel like the ball one cost us a flag...

What happens if in a couple of years Collingwood convince O'Meara and Jack Steven to go to them... They give GCS their first pick... then offer us a second or third round for Jack... He won't talk to any other clubs... Do we take it?

No we make sure he is never out of contract. Most good clubs dont lose players unless they think they are wanting to much money or have bad injuries. We need to get better not penalise the pies because they are doing a great job. Lets face it we will have more money than any other club to spend on players in the next few years so we should be a great position if we are club that is well run.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood are simply taking advantage of:

- the Swans need to have a fire sale of talls due to the Buddy signing (too many talls and not enough salary cap)

- have been clever in identifying West Coast don't need pick 6 for their target player who is more likely to go 10-15

I only wish we had a pick around 9-12 to offer for 6 and some lower pick upgrades ... but with 18ish we were no chance to do that deal

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
karnaby
Club Player

Grrrrr wrote:Can GWS afford the luxury of three big men in their forward line? Cameron (gun), Patton (no. 1 pick 2012) and Boyd (supposed no. 1 pick 2013)? I have a gut feel that Boyd could come to us with no. 3 pick or if we can manage to pull of a trade with pick 3 and something else for GWS pick 1.

Hopeful though :)
Just running with this for a bit, not that I think it will happen; if we seriously overpay for Bruce (whatever that might mean) then GWS doesn't have to trade us Pick 1, they can just agree to lay low and not pick Boyd. So they can get two of the other guns and bugga me, lordy, lordy, Boyd is available at Pick 3.

Note: I did say I don't think this will happen - just day dreamin'

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

By the way ... will laugh at West Coast if their draft target gets picked up earlier by another club ... could happen ... even funnier if it is Collingwood at 6 ... but more likely will be a team like Melbourne at 9.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
But they are not enjoying free agency
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl ... 6743312680

Losing all those' experienced ' players
had nothing to do with those said ' experienced players ' not getting on with the coach :0.
according to Pert- Free agency is affecting team harmony.....

welcome to oru world perty - where players are lured by ' the name.....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
mohannair
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
#1GILL wrote:What are we giving up for Longer Jaxons? Lions surely won't accept 25
25 or PSD, they can take it or leave it!
Looks like we will part with Pick 18 http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6743405464

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

mohannair wrote:
jaxons wrote:
#1GILL wrote:What are we giving up for Longer Jaxons? Lions surely won't accept 25
25 or PSD, they can take it or leave it!
Looks like we will part with Pick 18 http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6743405464
That article is complete rubbish and barely makes sense.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Rucci is a mad Port supporter and shite journo. It's an opinion piece nothing of substance.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Just re read it. Rucci is as confused as F***. He's getting the GC third party deal mixed up? Why do GC send 20 to Brissy? The deal is Port give GC 14 for 20 & 27 then on trade either 20 or 27 to Brissy for Polec. Rucci bringing the lulz.

Middo
Club Player

Freebird wrote:
Middo wrote:Notice BM very quiet on this ....surely we have got this trade period wrong ..???

Ps Could not be happier if all these guys end up at the Saints ...
What has BM slated re trading/drafting that he has wrong?

He's been a big critic through our most poorest of list management most of which you do not need hindsite to know it will fail

Potted the club for trading Dal and check the Garlett thread as he stated in hindsight of course we let one slip ...
Never misses the chance to bag the club or the players .. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Got to agree that he lets his fanaticism of PA cloud his thinking.
<edited by mods>

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trade Period Success3

But we are a rabble

We are in disarray

We are in deep sh*t

We traded two club legends, one for "free"

Roo is going to Collingwood

Joey is going to Essendon

Watters is about to be sacked

Supporters at Hawthorn are laughing at us

Other clubs are laughing at our trading.

This has all been reported as fact during this trade period.

Facts are

we have 4 picks in the top 25

#3 wont be traded

We have picked up Savage, and will get Longer, Delaney, and Bruce - all for preferring the Saints over other clubs

A review taken by the club has give Watters and Pelchan a tick and will go into 2014 stable and on the same page.

Must be sad and embarrassed for the ignorant naysayers who use rumour and innuendo and Chinese whispers as confirmation bias for their own prejudices and sad dispositions.

Well done Saints. We might all be "apologists" for now going off half cocked and believing every piece of rubbish circulated about the club, but at least we support our club and not lay the boots in at every opportunity.

Critisism of the club is fine. Every football club needs to be accountable and many decisions will not be looked on kindly.

But unwarranted constant critisism on mistruth, and rumour really should be called for what it is. And in my opinion it is a concerted effort by the disaffected and disgruntled to undermine the club through smear and slander.

And for all of those who did that and who purport to be a Saints supporter. HANG YOU HEADS IN SHAME AND PULL THEM IN.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Scoop
Club Player

Hear, hear.....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: Critisism of the club is fine.
Mark that down as true :twisted:

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I like this thread!

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons is pick 19 confirmed?

#1 Ryder fan