Sen predicting mass exodus

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sen predicting mass exodus

stinger wrote:
i have a friend who is in pretty deep with the filth......
Hey i also have a friend who is in pretty deep with the filth. Maybe we know the same guy?

oh hang on . I just realised ... Do you mean deep with Collingwood FC? Oh sorry ignore what I said.... :oops: :oops:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Ball's a real straight shooter. A lot of the current crop are party boys and it's only now the media are getting a hold of the info.

yeah well....that picture of zac posing to put a franga on roos penis is unfortunately burned deep into my subconscious......so you are probably right....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
gringo wrote:We had a situation where we paid these top 6 players 40% of our cap. They have always been greedy spoilt s***s and now when they have to take a step backwards and they aren't having the club get on it's knees for them they want out. They should all f%$# off as far as I'm concerned.

If it wasn't for Roo, Goddard, Dal etc. they could have got some extra talent in and won us a premiership. I remember they didn't want Zac to go but the only way to keep him was to have our stars take a pay cut. Whoops he went. Goddard couldn't stay because he needed an extra $400 000 even though he wasn't playing that well at the time. But he bleeds St Kilda? Lynch might have been able to be tempted to stay if we said look we see a place in the next couple of years here is $100000 to stay front ended for now and he might have still been here.

I think we should just let them go and get the trades going don't let these whiney bitches hold our club to ransom any more. Handle them like Richmond handled Dusty. Fisher might just be retired because of his own stupidity. Lenny looks like he's staying but the rest can piss off.
i have a friend who is in pretty deep with the filth.....he had their last cup on his mantlepiece for a time.....anyway...knows ball...said that you can blame roo for ball leaving.....said the saints wanted him to take a pay cut so that they could pay roo more.......also that ball and roo haven't spoken to each other since ball left......so there may be more than a tad of truth in what you are saying.....
More complete bulls***.
Amazing that Luke flew all the way to Texas for a wedding of a guy he doesn't speak to.
Good friend stinger?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Ball's a real straight shooter. A lot of the current crop are party boys and it's only now the media are getting a hold of the info.

yeah well....that picture of zac posing to put a franga on roos penis is unfortunately burned deep into my subconscious......so you are probably right....
Yeah theres a few loose units at the club

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Lol what a load of shite.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Ball wasn't at Roo's wedding. Prolly getting confused with BJ.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Ball wasn't at Roo's wedding. Prolly getting confused with BJ.
They both went. Stingers story is pure fantasy.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Why are we angry at the club if players want to leave or are sooking if the club wants to trade them? Why don't Saints fans direct some of the anger towards the players involved...they are professional athletes FFS and they'll get paid handsomely no matter where they play

Remember when Geelong captain Leigh Colbert left the Cats to play for Nth Melb?

There were some angry people and the anger was pretty much just one way towards the player

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Spring fashion has Amy Pollard's heart racing

Pollard will be busy working while Ball heads to Texas soon to attend the wedding of his former teammate, Saints captain Nick Riewoldt.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/spri ... 6492596082

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Spring fashion has Amy Pollard's heart racing

Pollard will be busy working while Ball heads to Texas soon to attend the wedding of his former teammate, Saints captain Nick Riewoldt.

Well there you go

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Why are we angry at the club if players want to leave or are sooking if the club wants to trade them? Why don't Saints fans direct some of the anger towards the players involved...they are professional athletes FFS and they'll get paid handsomely no matter where they play

Remember when Geelong captain Leigh Colbert left the Cats to play for Nth Melb?

There were some angry people and the anger was pretty much just one way towards the player

I am still yet to hear a player say they want to leave and im still waiting for you to tell me who these players are that are wrecking it for the young kids. By the way I reckon if a player leave the club will be very happy so i would suggest both parties are involved not just the player.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Just my opinion, I reckon theres a bit of in-house fighting amongst senior players and the footy depart. They were up in arms when Milne was stood down and theres a lot of speculation that the senior guys aren't happy with recent contracts. Roo wanted at least 2 years but the club only offered a 1 year extension due to their policy of giving 1 year extensions for 30+ year olds. Joey was rumoured to take a sizeable pay cut well below his expectations. Then BJ leaving was a blow to the boys, not to mention Gram. Just rumours, I have no hard evidence but I suspect theres a bit of truth amongst it all IMO. And for whats its worth I support the clubs stance on conservative player contracts and their tough stance on club culture.

starsign
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Spring fashion has Amy Pollard's heart racing

Well there you go
There you go ......you and your bloody mate who is full of filth by the sound of it
A good quinella!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

If Roo wanted to chase a flag i'd let him go. Same with any of the past gen bar Lenny. Roo's time as captain has seen a lot of shenanigans amongst the playing group. Never thought he was a good captain off field, on field he led by example generally, bar some instances. But don't consider him untradeable with consent. Need to keep some of the leadership group around for the boys to learn from, but the retirement of Kosi, Milne, and Blake signaled more the end of an era than lyon's departure. Our problem is there's no captaincy material amongst the younger players.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SAAD
Club Player

LOL @ stinger and Zac putting a rubber on Roo's schlong. hahaha...memories...

I'm not sure about all the rumours...heard some regarding the old boys not happy with the attention and all the focus on the younger guys. I did see some of the boys having a meal about a month ago...Roo, Schneider, Joey with Jack Steven and Tom Curren, thought it was good that the older brigade had a couple of the younger boys with them.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

But who would beleive the club ........

Facts as they stand today

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2 ... rect/61985

St Kilda head of football Chris Pelchen has labelled rumours several senior players could leave the Saints in the off-season as 'totally incorrect'.

Star trio Nick Riewoldt, Nick Dal Santo and Leigh Montagna have all been linked with moves away as the Saints opt to rebuild under coach Scott Watters.

Pelchen said there was 'no chance' Riewoldt would leave and has been shocked by the speculation surrounding three of the Saints' better players.

"It's surprising," Pelchen told reporters on Wednesday.

"We're very much aware that this time of year there's rumours. It circulates around all clubs.

"I've been on the phone to Nick Riewoldt this morning. He's over in the (United) States with his wife. He certainly understands that the club is in a perfect position going forward.

"We are rebuilding predominantly with younger players, but the talk about those senior players leaving our club on mass is totally incorrect."

One of the biggest surprises has been the talk surrounding Montagna, who has been linked to Carlton and West Coast ahead of the trade period.

Pelchen said there was nothing from the 29-year-old which suggested he wanted to leave the Saints.

"We've had conversations with 'Joey' (Montagna) just in the last 24 hours," he said.

"There's no indication from 'Joey' that he wants to leave our club at all. He's still contracted for next year and we're not quite sure where that rumour started."

Pelchen said there was 'every likelihood' restricted free agent Dal Santo would remain a St Kilda player.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Fine is a c**k sucker for throwing all this crap up.
Like the Saints need any more external made up crap.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I think there should be a mass exodus of people listening to this bulldust radio station.

Will these numpties get anything right between now and the draft, it must be a comedy channel, how else could you explain it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: .said that you can blame roo for ball leaving.....said the saints wanted him to take a pay cut so that they could pay roo more.......also that ball and roo haven't spoken to each other since ball left......so there may be more than a tad of truth in what you are saying.....
Ball left because Lyon demanded something of him he couldn't do. Lyon then dropped him and reduced his game time, including the '09 GF rubbish.
Ball left for someone who would appreciate his talents and let him do what he does best.

Not from the horse's mouth, but from a horse as close to Ball as you can get without being him.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
gringo wrote:We had a situation where we paid these top 6 players 40% of our cap. They have always been greedy spoilt s***s and now when they have to take a step backwards and they aren't having the club get on it's knees for them they want out. They should all f%$# off as far as I'm concerned.

If it wasn't for Roo, Goddard, Dal etc. they could have got some extra talent in and won us a premiership. I remember they didn't want Zac to go but the only way to keep him was to have our stars take a pay cut. Whoops he went. Goddard couldn't stay because he needed an extra $400 000 even though he wasn't playing that well at the time. But he bleeds St Kilda? Lynch might have been able to be tempted to stay if we said look we see a place in the next couple of years here is $100000 to stay front ended for now and he might have still been here.

I think we should just let them go and get the trades going don't let these whiney bitches hold our club to ransom any more. Handle them like Richmond handled Dusty. Fisher might just be retired because of his own stupidity. Lenny looks like he's staying but the rest can piss off.
i have a friend who is in pretty deep with the filth.....he had their last cup on his mantlepiece for a time.....anyway...knows ball...said that you can blame roo for ball leaving.....said the saints wanted him to take a pay cut so that they could pay roo more.......also that ball and roo haven't spoken to each other since ball left......so there may be more than a tad of truth in what you are saying.....
Sounds like BS to me. Actually, sounds like a wank and that you have been had.

if the club was/is discussing and negotiating contracts like that it should go under. How incompetent and unethical is that...hence I doubt it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
asaint
Club Player

I will never listen to Finey again. Well , come to think of it I never listen to him anyway.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote: .said that you can blame roo for ball leaving.....said the saints wanted him to take a pay cut so that they could pay roo more.......also that ball and roo haven't spoken to each other since ball left......so there may be more than a tad of truth in what you are saying.....
Ball left because Lyon demanded something of him he couldn't do. Lyon then dropped him and reduced his game time, including the '09 GF rubbish.
Ball left for someone who would appreciate his talents and let him do what he does best.

Not from the horse's mouth, but from a horse as close to Ball as you can get without being him.
Certainly I believe that.
I don't have any 'insiders' but blind freddy can figure out thats what happened from publicly available information.
Ross Lyon spent all of 2009 (not just the grand final) publicly humiliating Luke Ball by his treatment and openly in press conferences basically saying he was no good. It was quite blatant.

Anyway lets not rehash this one . I think it was done to death on here afterwards
But clearly Ball left because of Lyon and not Riewoldt.
This is beyond question and should be put to bed once and for all.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: But clearly Ball left because of Lyon and not Riewoldt.
Yep. He couldn't meet Lyon's benchmark for mid-field running. Lyon had zero flexibility over it and consequently marginalised Ball to 'motivate' him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: But clearly Ball left because of Lyon and not Riewoldt.
Yep. He couldn't meet Lyon's benchmark for mid-field running. Lyon had zero flexibility over it and consequently marginalised Ball to 'motivate' him.
Eddy exceeded Lyons benchmark for filling spaces though!
Smashed all his kpis :D :D

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Scott speaks.
Roo and Joey untouchable
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2uswl.html