Saints Chasing David Myers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints Chasing David Myers

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote: Why then are Essendon supporters up in arms re: him being traded??

Surely their opinions would hold more water given they see Myers play every week
Yes they would but not one rang in on SEN today. maybe they rang another station.

By the some people are up in arms on here that Ledger may be delisted and that Walsh was let go.
Maybe these people too are f-wits as Dragit so diligently pointed out

BTW I didn't realise you had to phone SEN to make your opinions relevant

I must remember to do that next time

Who said you do have to phone SEN. I just pointed out no one rang the station to say they were disappointed he maybe leaving. From listening to SEN whan a good player is mentioned in the media as maybe leaving there is usually a reaction. Must be just a bad day for those Essendon supporters. How do you know Essendon people are up in arms about the fact that he may leave?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: How do you know Essendon people are up in arms about the fact that he may leave?
Go read the trade thread on Essendon's Bigfooty page

The majority of them .... well actually all of them are non to happy about trading him ..... at least for nothing worse than a top 10 first round draft pick.

Their supporters rate him .... just sayin

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: How do you know Essendon people are up in arms about the fact that he may leave?

The majority of them .... well actually all of them are non to happy about trading him ..... at least for nothing worse than a top 10 first round draft pick.

Sorry dont do BF at all. It seems they may rate him but stats suggest they shouldnt get to excited and the lack of games he has played shouldnt suggest they should get to excited. And im guessing if they want a top 10 pick for him then they know little about footy.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:

You know how it goes though… all supporters overrate their players. pick 6 would be one of their highest picks in a long time, so they would be hanging on for dear life hoping that he becomes a star.

A midfielder taken at pick # 6, at 24 years of age should be tearing s*** up. This guys isn't, still some promise, but he would have to improve dramatically to become an elite player.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

the lack of games he has played
He played 20 out of a possible 22 games this year - mainly out of position according to many in the know

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

the lack of games he has played
He played 20 out of a possible 22 games this year - mainly out of position according to many in the know

Im wondering why he didnt play in position if he is rated a top 10 pick.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Im wondering why he didnt play in position if he is rated a top 10 pick.
I dunno - Watson, Stanton, Zaharakis, Heppell, Goddard - maybe you should call Hirdy

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Risky - I reckon he took gear.
Love your analysis Con.

Keep up the entertaining posts!

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:If we trade for a player who then gets slapped with a suspension ... well, that would be the end for me.

Dustin Martin and now this. What on earth is going on down there?
Nothing yet, the Trade and Free Agency period hasn't started,so until it does start all there is, is speculation, and boy, there is a heap of that.

At this time of year we after everyone and then when reality strikes, it's a lot different.

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Midfield my arse.... Wing at best at Essendon. He may be big, he's about as inside as Kade Simpson....

Watson, Hocking are their inside mids.... Stanton and Goddard outside...

18 a game.... B Grade numbers at best... He's average

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Can't believe that this thread is this big and yet there has been no thoroughgoing assessment of David Meyers as a player. He is an elite kick-his accuracy and preparedness to back himself from outside 50 is without parallel. He's had a breakout season. He's very fit. He's tough and determined. Essendon supporters are distraught at the prospect of him leaving. Originally thought of as a half back flanker he's been played a kick ahead of the play while their glacial midfield diddle their way into mediocrity.
We're no show.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

where do people see him playing and what is he worth?

From how this thread reads, getting him may depend on what happens with Armo

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Im wondering why he didnt play in position if he is rated a top 10 pick.
I dunno - Watson, Stanton, Zaharakis, Heppell, Goddard - maybe you should call Hirdy

Hirdy must be a bad coach if he couldnt find a midfield position if only 5 are ahead of him afterall most top 8 sides have 10 -12 mids. I would ring Hirdy but ive lost his number.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'd be "Holding Off" for a while on any thoughts of trading in any Essendope players if today's offering from Baker & McKenzie is anything to go by !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Hirdy must be a bad coach if he couldnt find a midfield position if only 5 are ahead of him afterall most top 8 sides have 10 -12 mids. I would ring Hirdy but ive lost his number.

Melksham, Stanton, Commer, Kavenaugh, Hocking, Hardingham and about several who swap between midfield and a back or forward role. Not too many spare places.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I'd be "Holding Off" for a while on any thoughts of trading in any Essendope players if today's offering from Baker & McKenzie is anything to go by !!
Not to mention the News Ltd story this mornin', Eastern. Infraction notices inclusive of "trafficking" are usually issued first, so those infracted get an opportunity to reduce their penalty by explaining the destination of the goods they trafficked.

Timing's interesting, too. A warning shot to anyone silly enough to consider dealing for E'dopers, perhaps?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Kickit
Club Player

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:[quote="Devilhead

Melksham, Stanton, Commer, Kavenaugh, Hocking, Hardingham and about several who swap between midfield and a back or forward role. Not too many spare places.[/quote]

So he can't crack the team because last year's number 73 draft pick is in front of him.

busso mick
Club Player

Kickit wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Melksham, Stanton, Commer, Kavenaugh, Hocking, Hardingham and about several who swap between midfield and a back or forward role. Not too many spare places.
So he can't crack the team because last year's number 73 draft pick is in front of him.
His career has come to a full stop as Kommer has moved in front of him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Myers is a good player - its important ASADA drop infraction notices straight after the GF and before the trade period so everyone knows where they stand.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Con Gorozidis wrote:Myers is a good player - its important ASADA drop infraction notices straight after the GF and before the trade period so everyone knows where they stand.
Correct. Failing that, have him remove his top and drink a large bottle of water. If he doesn't do an imitation of a sprinkler, do the deal......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Myers is a good player - its important ASADA drop infraction notices straight after the GF and before the trade period so everyone knows where they stand.
Correct. Failing that, have him remove his top and drink a large bottle of water. If he doesn't do an imitation of a sprinkler, do the deal......
And if he does still do the deal, however the price goes down to that of an irrigation device.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

But this player is worth a top 10 pick. Not sure all those others are, matter of fact most arent. maybe the essendon supporters are over the top in the assessment of this guy.
I have also been told he had a breakout year. 18 possessions a game playing in the easiest position on the ground doesnt seem a breakout year. Im sorry but trading for guys who have been an average player for 6 years doesnt excite me at all.

Kickit
Club Player

I don't think it will be that simple. ASADA will be trying to get the first wave of infractor's to implicate others.
( according to spellcheck I just invented a word ).

Megamaguire
Club Player

Just been listening to T.wallace talking about using the free agency era to your advantage . He mentioned the current blues scenario of trading 4 daisy. He concluded that if thet can get him thru free agency they can hold onto their 1st. rnd pick whinh they would prob. lose in a trade situation. He reckons th eafl would regard betts out and Daisy in as a roughly equal saap and allow Carl to keep that precious pick. He went on to say that Port understood the free age system well last year and scored Monfries as a result.

Just hope the Saints can do as well and use th free agency to our advantage for once.
Myers may be a good prospect but with the guilatine hanging over Ess. and the anti-drug people probably very keen to make an example of them trading or sourcing players from the bummers may be a bad move.

Myers v's T.Adams or some other mid with street cred would be an interesting comparison.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
I don't think it will be that simple. ASADA will be trying to get the first wave of infractor's to implicate others.
( according to spellcheck I just invented a word ).
Yep I dont think it will be that simple.
Just giving a perfect world scenario.
I like Myers as a player - but sheesh wed be nuts to use a good pick on him.