Macca trade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Re: Macca trade

I think people are underestimating what GWS' demands will be. The guys that GWS are going to want will be the people we are looking forward to watching in the coming years. Not Dal, not Joey and possibly not Ben. Their chief recruiter is quite familiar with Ben and I can't imagine he sees Ben as more than a middling level starting ruck. That's kind of an underwhelming return for a player that's viewed as exceptional at one of the most important positions in the game. They might be interested, but they'll want Ben, plus our pick, plus more.

From our side, I can't imagine Pelchen is not interested. Remember, this is a guy who had Buddy and Roughead and still used a top-10 pick on Beau Dowler. Then he used another one on Mitch Thorp. Pelchen builds from the key slots out. So while people here are talking about how we need more mids (when does anybody ever not?), I bet Pelchen sees the impending Roo shaped black hole in the forward line as a much bigger problem going forward. I doubt our acquisition of Lee and White will dissuade him from going after Boyd. If we get beaten to Boyd it will only be because somebody else has made a bigger offer or we just simply don't have anything GWS wants. I think either eventuality is a distinct possibility.

Yeah nah pleasing positive