Sex assault victims' groups hit out Milne selection

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sex assault victims' groups hit out Milne selection

The whole situation is very difficult. I'm treating it like I would if he was a family member or a close friend. My number one concern is for him and his family. I do know there is another party, and I also feel for her and her family, but I don't have the same connection to them as I have for Stephen.

As a Saints supporter I feel a connection. If playing footy this week helps him then I support it 100%, as I would a family member or close friend in the same situation. In saying all of this I also understand why people don't want him playing. Very tough situation for all.

Re: Sex assault victims' groups hit out Milne selection

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Play him: massive negative publicity, club's image tarnished, sponsors shy away.

Don't play him: player unrest, AFLPA outrage, morale problems, a perception that the club has cut a great player loose in his time of need.

Terrible, terrible situation.

The winners: other clubs, the media, armchair moralists.
Agree with all the above and you could also add- Play him: The club still believes in the player as they have over the last 9 years. Acknowledgement that milne is the same person he was 2 months ago ,2 years ago etc.