I took banned drug: Watson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: I took banned drug: Watson

“It’s elementary my dear….. um…. Damn! What’s your name again?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:My take is the players are now confident of getting off, well at least watson. On SEn today they pointed out the 50 page report about drugs in sport specifically stated the drug watson took wasnt illegal. i know people will say but it wasnt approved for human use but whay mention that drug. There would be many not fit for human use. It was WADA who mentioned it in the report. It has since been banned.
Well WADA clearly have a different view.
And the AFL has agreed to implement the WADA code.

That part of the document was written by WADA so i have no idea what you mean.
You said that it since been banned.
That is inaccurate. It was always banned under section S0.

StevieSaint
Club Player

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/n ... 2ouew.html

Ex Asada Boss states there is no way Watson can escape the ban...

SEN is driven by Tim Watson and his pals who all want the Bombers to get off...f u c k em all

GO SAINTS GO
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote: Well WADA clearly have a different view.
And the AFL has agreed to implement the WADA code.

That part of the document was written by WADA so i have no idea what you mean.
You said that it since been banned.
That is inaccurate. It was always banned under section S0.

Why did WADA say in the drugs in sport report it wasnt banned? And if it was banned due to the catch all why only mention that drug as not banned when many others would also be banned under catch all. This was read out word for word on SEN today. it isnt my opinion.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
No idea why he said it but he doesnt come across as stupid or cocky. As for your first point i thought the same thing about the catch all but as Finey and harper pointed out on SEN today why mention only that drug. There must be hundreds on the catch all. I havent read the report either but there was no reason for Harper to make it up afterall anyone can read it. it obvious now that WEatson and probably others took the drug. my question is if it is an open and shut case why havent ASADA insisted that the players are stood down from playing until resolved. That happens just about 100% when others are found to have used illegal drugs.
Well Finey and Harper have contradicted what WADA and everyone else involved have maintained since the beginning - AOD is banned.

This case is far more complex seeing as its systematic doping throughout a team that is being investigated not individual players. My guess is penalties (if given) won't be given until everyone, including players and staff have been interviewed and investigated. It could be the club and all the players are suspended for some time. That's my guess why individuals haven't been stood down.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No idea why he said it but he doesnt come across as stupid or cocky. As for your first point i thought the same thing about the catch all but as Finey and harper pointed out on SEN today why mention only that drug. There must be hundreds on the catch all. I havent read the report either but there was no reason for Harper to make it up afterall anyone can read it. it obvious now that WEatson and probably others took the drug. my question is if it is an open and shut case why havent ASADA insisted that the players are stood down from playing until resolved. That happens just about 100% when others are found to have used illegal drugs.
Well Finey and Harper have contradicted what WADA and everyone else involved have maintained since the beginning - AOD is banned.

This case is far more complex seeing as its systematic doping throughout a team that is being investigated not individual players. My guess is penalties (if given) won't be given until everyone, including players and staff have been interviewed and investigated. It could be the club and all the players are suspended for some time. That's my guess why individuals haven't been stood down.

They arent contradicting, they are reading word for word from the report. WADA are contradicting WADA not the 2 guys reading from a report.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

What is this report? Was it written prior to Essendon players using AOD or after? If after it may mean nothing. What I do know is that a simple google search will tell you that AOD is banned under s0, and was banned when Essendon were using it last season.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I see where this is going... Evil DrDank takes the wrap while we all high five last years brownlow medalist & Essendon vow to be much more careful next time.

Hooray for footy.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: My take is the players are now confident of getting off, well at least watson. On SEn today they pointed out the 50 page report about drugs in sport specifically stated the drug watson took wasnt illegal. i know people will say but it wasnt approved for human use but whay mention that drug. There would be many not fit for human use. It was WADA who mentioned it in the report. It has since been banned.
aod was banned on 1 January 2011

Which part of that dont you understand plugger?

the acc report is completely irrelevent.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I see where this is going... Evil DrDank takes the wrap while we all high five last years brownlow medalist & Essendon vow to be much more careful next time.

Hooray for footy.

Do you honestly think a government agency will just let them off? if they are guilty they have to go otherwise there will the biggest uproar ever from the likes of Mother Tereasa through to Elton John. if they are not guilty they will get off and it wont be as simple as saying they didnt know.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Why did WADA say in the drugs in sport report it wasnt banned? And if it was banned due to the catch all why only mention that drug as not banned when many others would also be banned under catch all. This was read out word for word on SEN today. it isnt my opinion.
What are you talking about?

WADA and ASADA never say anything is not banned.
They just dont do that EVER.
End of story.
Stop talking sh*t that you picked up from the Essendon PR spin team.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:What is this report? Was it written prior to Essendon players using AOD or after? If after it may mean nothing. What I do know is that a simple google search will tell you that AOD is banned under s0, and was banned when Essendon were using it last season.

AGREE!

1. the acc have nothing to do with any of this
2. even if they did - their report came out after the events
3. WADA and ASADA DO NOT tell give people assurances stuff is not illegal. Its simply not part of the way they operate.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

End of story.

You really are dumb. it was read off the drugs in sport report today on radio. get it. Word for word off the report. Get the report and read it. Nothing to do with Essendon spin. Did you pass common sense?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

End of story.

You really are dumb. it was read off the drugs in sport report today on radio. get it. Word for word off the report. Get the report and read it. Nothing to do with Essendon spin. Did you pass common sense?

yeah im dumb!
let me say it slowly so you follow:

the
drugs
in
sport
is
not
relevant

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/w ... 2ouew.html

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

End of story.

Plugger66, this report is by the ACC, I just looked it up. It wasn't written by WADA so it means jack.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

End of story.

yeah im dumb!
let me say it slowly so you follow:

the
drugs
in
sport
is
not
relevant

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/w ... 2ouew.html

So a report released by the federal government isnt relevent because of the article you showed me. Its like talking to my cat only he is smarter. All i can say is you have very strange ideas. Now with that brain of your can you tell me why a federal government report isnt relevent even though in the report WADA list drugs that are and arent banned even though you say they never do that. Strange considering its in the report. Meow.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

End of story.

Plugger66, this report is by the ACC, I just looked it up. It wasn't written by WADA so it means jack.

Yes and I said that. I also said that Harper read out drugs that were and werent banned in the report. That part of the report was from WADA. I suggest that you and meow get a copy of Harper today on SEN and then you will understand what I am saying. This isnt my opinion. It is what was said today on SEN and its directly out of the ACC report.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

So how many players will this involve?

How will Port Adelaide react if the trade for Monfries is worth nothing

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

End of story.
No Con, I heard the conversation between Finey and Craig Harper on SEN this morning and Finey was alos gobsmacked initially with what Harper stated.
Harper stated that he's read the ACC report (all 50 pages) and that there was an addendum provided by WADA that listed drugs/supplements/peptides and whether they were permitted or not.
He stated categorically that this addendum said AOD9604 was 'permitted'. Now it could well be a 'mistake' on the report but it is what Harper alleges is written in the published ACC report (handed down at that news conference).

Has anybody here been able to download a copy of this report?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:I see where this is going... Evil DrDank takes the wrap while we all high five last years brownlow medalist & Essendon vow to be much more careful next time.

Hooray for footy.

Do you honestly think a government agency will just let them off? if they are guilty they have to go otherwise there will the biggest uproar ever from the likes of Mother Tereasa through to Elton John. if they are not guilty they will get off and it wont be as simple as saying they didnt know.
Nothing would surprise me. ASADA sound like they are so underfunded and ill equipped to deal with such a huge investigation.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

End of story.
No Con, I heard the conversation between Finey and Craig Harper on SEN this morning and Finey was alos gobsmacked initially with what Harper stated.
Harper stated that he's read the ACC report (all 50 pages) and that there was an addendum provided by WADA that listed drugs/supplements/peptides and whether they were permitted or not.
He stated categorically that this addendum said AOD9604 was 'permitted'. Now it could well be a 'mistake' on the report but it is what Harper alleges is written in the published ACC report (handed down at that news conference).

Has anybody here been able to download a copy of this report?

Thank god someone else heard it. I wasnt even sticking up for Essendon just pointing out something that sounded very important to me.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

So a report released by the federal government isnt relevent because of the article you showed me. Its like talking to my cat only he is smarter. All i can say is you have very strange ideas. Now with that brain of your can you tell me why a federal government report isnt relevent even though in the report WADA list drugs that are and arent banned even though you say they never do that. Strange considering its in the report. Meow.
classic!

and no the report isnt relevant and WADA have been consistent all along that aod is banned under so.

the end.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 25 Jun 2013 5:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

OK, I've found the report online that Harper was reading out on SEN.

It is Appendix 3 of the Australian Crime Commission's report into Organized Crime and Drugs in Sport..
Appendix Three - Summary of PIEDs

Human Growth Releasing Peptides

Human Growth Releasing Peptides
CJC-1295, GHRP-6, GHRP-2, Hexarelin, Ipamorelin , Sermorelin

Information

Human growth releasing peptides such as CJC-1295 and GHRP-6 stimulate an increased level of human growth hormone (hGH). The main peptides identified as being used through Project Aperio were CJC-1295 and GHRP-6

Method of use:
•Liquid (injected)
•Cream (applied to skin)
•Powder (mixed with saline and injected)

Scheduling Status (SUSMP):

Not approved for human use, currently unscheduled

Border Status:

Schedule 7A Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations

World Anti Doping Agency Status:

Prohibited both in and out of competition
Detectable in urine but complex

Growth Hormone Variants

Growth Hormone Variants
AOD-9604

Information

AOD-9604 (stands for Anti Obesity Drug number 9604) was identified in Project Aperio as being used by professional athletes. AOD-9604 is an experimental drug that is in a growth hormone variants that has fat burning properties and may be used by athletes to increase power to weight ratios by better utilisation of fat stores. Athletes may also use it to rehabilitate soft tissue injuries.

Method of use:
•Liquid (injected)
•Cream (applied to skin)

Scheduling Status (SUSMP):

Not yet approved for human use, about to enter the final phase of clinical human trials

Border Status:

Not a border controlled drug

World Anti Doping Agency Status:

Not currently prohibited

Insulin Like Growth Factor (IGF-1) and Mechano Growth Factor (MGF)

Griggsy
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Hooray for footy.

Nothing would surprise me. ASADA sound like they are so underfunded and ill equipped to deal with such a huge investigation.
Didn't they hire the american guy that prosecuted Lance Armstrong and Marion Jones.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

classic!

and no the report isnt relevant and WADA have been consistent all along that aod is banned under so.

the end.

Meow.