VFL: Sandringham vs Frankston

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Re: VFL: Sandringham vs Frankston

Solar said :
could be the start of the end of our sandy relationship. I would be happy to pay an extra $10 (35k members equate to $350k) if it meant that we could have our own team. Problem is where would be play.
If members knew that the $10 was going towards the stand-alone VFL team, it should get support.
Where could they play? How does Moorabbin sound as a possibility :?: :?:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Solar said :
could be the start of the end of our sandy relationship. I would be happy to pay an extra $10 (35k members equate to $350k) if it meant that we could have our own team. Problem is where would be play.
If members knew that the $10 was going towards the stand-alone VFL team, it should get support.
Where could they play? How does Moorabbin sound as a possibility :?: :?:

You got a spare 3 million or so?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Glad I went to the Community Cup today. Beasts of Bourbon were awesome!
Great day out. I just wish I'd played a bit better.
Were you a dog or hertz bergs…?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Were you a dog or hertz bergs…?
A hertz. Spent most of the day chasing little Michael Cini. Felt like CJ but with far worse skills and no tank.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Market it as 'The Saints back at Moorabbin' membership package. $66,gives you free entry into all stkilda VFL home games back at Moorabbin.

They will sell heavy beer,and we will recruit a gun fat country full forward,who stays at home in the square.

Would pay for the VFL side,and Nettlefolds wage

Bring back the Lockett era
dragit
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Market it as 'The Saints back at Moorabbin' membership package. $66,gives you free entry into all stkilda VFL home games back at Moorabbin.

They will sell heavy beer,and we will recruit a gun fat country full forward,who stays at home in the square.

Would pay for the VFL side,and Nettlefolds wage
Love the heavy beer idea, but I think Tom Hawkins is contracted elsewhere. :D

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
Solar wrote:could be the start of the end of our sandy relationship. I would be happy to pay an extra $10 (35k members equate to $350k) if it meant that we could have our own team. Problem is where would be play.
Moorabbin playing surfgace is elite..as is LHC, but neither have sufficient facilities to host VFL footy.

Youd think with the Social Club facility still there (and you'd think haemmoraging money now) it would be woorth our while to do the minumum required to get VFL footy there.

$300,000/year is the figure Ive heard. NZ could have paid for it..but sadly instead its (only partially) compensating the 10,000 members weve dropped in 3 years.
How about Nettlefold taking a cut in his $750k salary?