Kosi has played his last game!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

philtee
Club Player

Re: Kosi has played his last game!

Methinks the Brogan hit on Newnes a few weeks back could be a precedent, and Brogan got 3 weeks...
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/a ... 6622003924

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Greg T wrote:What's a disgrace is the comments from Our so called saints fans.
Big mart got it right.
A DISGRACE is the Melb FC.

The old Dubya argument - you're either with us or against us. Crap. Blind loyalty and 'our boys are beyond criticism' breeds medriocrity.
No it's not and it's not one or the other. It's about showing respect and treating people with dignity.

When you have an argument with your partner/family to you call them a disgrace?

When you disagree with people at work do you swear at them?

When a street bum asks you for change, do you tell them to F#ck off?

Writing about players with respect and criticizing their performance are not mutually exclusive.

Are you really that black and white?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Kosi will get weeks as he hit him high. Did he mean to get him high? I dont think so he tried to block Elliot and his arm slipped up and glanced Elliots chin. Should Kosi play again? Yes of course he should its no coincedence our best two performances have been with him in the side.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:Methinks the Brogan hit on Newnes a few weeks back could be a precedent, and Brogan got 3 weeks...
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/a ... 6622003924
That was negligent. Kosi's hit at minimum was reckless and possibly intentional, but Kosi's hit was probably medium impact definitely not high impact.

The percentage loadings have been removed due to a rule change, so it won't be any more than 3 weeks, likely 2 With early plea IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I've been a Kosi fan for a long time. Yes, what he did on Friday Night was PRETTY DUMB but it's Round 6. He'll get 2-3 and we'll see what hapens after that. I BELIEVE THAT IT'S WAY TOO EARLY IN THE SEASON TO BE SIMPLY RETIRING PLAYERS AND LEAVING OUR LIST ONE SHORT for the next 17 weeks.

And YES, the sentamentalist in me wants to see the big guy get to 200 games !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I've been a Kosi fan for a long time. Yes, what he did on Friday Night was PRETTY DUMB but it's Round 6. He'll get 2-3 and we'll see what hapens after that. I BELIEVE THAT IT'S WAY TOO EARLY IN THE SEASON TO BE SIMPLY RETIRING PLAYERS AND LEAVING OUR LIST ONE SHORT for the next 17 weeks.

And YES, the sentamentalist in me wants to see the big guy get to 200 games !!
I'm not a Kosi fan but against the pies he was passable - just.

And given he is so close to 200 games I think even Dools wouldn't mind him making it there.

Opposition fans laugh at Kosi and can't understand how he still gets a game. Well blame Lyon and those in charge of him for not recruiting a replacement at the end of 2010!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Greg T wrote:What's a disgrace is the comments from Our so called saints fans.
Big mart got it right.
A DISGRACE is the Melb FC.

The old Dubya argument - you're either with us or against us. Crap. Blind loyalty and 'our boys are beyond criticism' breeds medriocrity.
No it's not and it's not one or the other. It's about showing respect and treating people with dignity.

When you have an argument with your partner/family to you call them a disgrace?

When you disagree with people at work do you swear at them?

When a street bum asks you for change, do you tell them to F#ck off?

Writing about players with respect and criticizing their performance are not mutually exclusive.

Are you really that black and white?
Agree that BS's post calling him a disgrace was without respect and unnecessary. And plain wrong.
Kosi ain't no disgrace. Disgrace is way too strong a word.
But......fair evaluation without sentiment or one-eyed glasses of any player's long term sub-par performances is also warranted. One man's fair is another man's unfair. Fair enough.....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He doesn't pick himself.

I also strongly disagree anyone is gifted games.

Even when the guy is considered depth and gets in through injury, some cannot help themselves.

I use to hate the abundance of threads when he was considered best 22, now they are more of a reflection on the posters. Lets mock and pay out a guy who is obviously and naturally progressing through the twilight of his career.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Lets mock and pay out a guy who is obviously and naturally progressing through the twilight of his career.
What, so people aren't allowed to evaluate or criticise him because he's a depth player in the twilight of his career? Really?
As far as I'm concerned it's got nothing to do with mocking him. It's to do with calling a spade a spade regarding his contribution and worthiness of a spot in the side without any sentiment such as "a guy who is obviously and naturally progressing through the twilight of his career". As if that somehow changes how we should assess his value and worthiness of a place in the team. What, cut him a bit of slack coz he's an old bloke? Like you do your Granddad. Disrespect is inappropriate but when it comes to assessing him as a potential member of the 22 then being in the twilight of his career is totally irrelevant. Does his form demand a place or not? If he's out of form has he shown good form in the recent past, say from towards the end of last year and this year? If not, then what's he doing there? Simple.

Being in the twilight, a great clubman, a super bloke or anything else other than his on-field value is irrelevant.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Oh come on Byron.

Read through the thread from beginning to end.

You cannot seriously think it's a balanced evaluation.

Clearly you are not representative of the majority, this thread is full of disrespect, I would stop speaking on the threads behalf....speak on your own behalf.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Oh come on Byron.

Read through the thread from beginning to end.

You cannot seriously think it's a balanced evaluation.

Clearly you are not representative of the majority, this thread is full of disrespect, I would stop speaking on the threads behalf....speak on your own behalf.
Agree that calling him a disgrace or other such comments are stupid and disrespectful. But I agree with others who think it's a balanced evaluation that he should be put out to pasture and that he's taking a spot that could be given to a younger player with a future. His time is up. Don't give a rats for any softening of that assessment based on what he's 'gunna do' (i.e crash and bash packs as though that's enough for a spot), what a nice fella or great clubman he is, how many injuries he's had, being close to 200 games or him being in the twilight of his career. Am only interested in his form and on-field contribution.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Greg T wrote; Silly act by kosi , but what annoys me the most is that the MRP will probably miss Pendleberys late hit on Jones .
It was a delibrate late charge , totally unnecessary . He should at least get a week ! But because the media will the next two days showing kosi's hit ad-infinitum , it probably wont be looked at !
Scollop wrote:
Absolutely!! If the AFL has any integrity left we should be told if it was the Pendlebury hit on CJ that the umpires had referred to when they claimed there was an incident in the first half which warranted further investigation

Probably deserves 2 weeks, but because it's Pendleturd and because there's $$$Millions that will be punted on Brownlow betting and the Pendleturd will be featuring...they'll probably make sure it's swept under the carpet and the betting agencies won't miss out on their revenue

Ohhh - afa the Kos is concerned...the guy is all guts and determination and the same way he earnt his spot in the team and he fought his way back ito the side will be the same way he earns his 3 games and sticks it up all the doubters...Go f*** Yourselves if you think he doesn't deserve another game!!!
mr six o'clock wrote:
Sensational mate,beautifully said,long live the Kos man onwards to 200
And great positive response by Kosi today, with his phone call to Billy and also his outlook on being out of the squad. I also admire his positive outlook and how he sees his remaining time . Loves seeing the young kids develop down at Sandy and he has a role to play and enjoys it.

He has been and always will be one of my favourite Saints players

PJ
SS Life Member

Not so sure it was Kosi's last game. Plenty of season left and he could be available before Beau is. I guess the big question that does remain is can Hickey step up and do a job in the forward line and in the ruck?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

anyone who thinks Kzi won't play again and has some $$ to back their assertion can PM me!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:anyone who thinks Kzi won't play again and has some $$ to back their assertion can PM me!
As I said in the other Kosi thread, I can't believe the number of people that were so quick to announce he might have played his last game. I am absolutely certain he will play his 200th. I reckon when he plays Roo plays well and I am basing that on his last 2 games. The romantic in me reckons that Roo knows that Kosi is coming to the end and just wants to enjoy every game they might play together from here on in. They were an awesome double act on their day, see any replay you like from 2009 for an example.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

What the hell are we all going to talk about next year with no Kosi?

Which player will polarise us?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Early nominations:
Saad
Milera
Dennis Lane
Would you like more?

Actually I reckon apart from Hayes and Riewoldt everyone has copped their share at one time or another.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:What the hell are we all going to talk about next year with no Kosi?

TDL.

Watters will give him another year to bait us!

Greg T
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:What the hell are we all going to talk about next year with no Kosi?

Who says Kosi won't play?

Maybe Beau,he seem a good target .......

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So I went back to see who was calling Kosi a "disgrace".

Dools? No, he at least said he deserved to get to 200

Redeemer? No said what we all probably know.

andrewg - no he is just a mindless dickwad.

Of course it was the internet hero Bernard Shakey. Bernard a 60's something bloke who skulks about pretending to be a Saints fan who has continually bagged Kosi for about 5 years.

The guy is a fool and a pathetic crank.

So here is a pioint you old moron. Kosi has played 197 more AFL games that you were ever capable of. Compared to him in a football sense you are less than nothing. A bitter old man who abuses and insults a 12 year St.Kilda player.

bigred, barks4eva and I were 20 metres from Kosi when he got his skull fractured. I will always have respect for him coming back after that extremely serious injury. He is well like by his teammates and is a great St.Kilda clubman.

When Kosi retires he will be remembered by real Saints fans as a flawed player who gave his best when he could. When Bernard arsehole disappears from this forum, nobody will remember or even think of him.

An insignificant nothing spouting hatefilled envious bile. The rantings of a little and insignificant nobody.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately BS was not on his own last FRiday.
Pretty sure i counted 5 negative Kozi threads running simultaneously!

Greg T
Club Player

Scollop wrote
Ohhh - afa the Kos is concerned...the guy is all guts and determination and the same way he earnt his spot in the team and he fought his way back ito the side will be the same way he earns his 3 games and sticks it up all the doubters...Go f*** Yourselves if you think he doesn't deserve another game!!!

Magnificent statement,glad to see some fans still luv the Kos.
Always will be a fan , has given us plenty of great footy.On wards to 200.

Greg T
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:So I went back to see who was calling Kosi a "disgrace".

Dools? No, he at least said he deserved to get to 200

Redeemer? No said what we all probably know.

andrewg - no he is just a mindless dickwad.

Of course it was the internet hero Bernard Shakey. Bernard a 60's something bloke who skulks about pretending to be a Saints fan who has continually bagged Kosi for about 5 years.

The guy is a fool and a pathetic crank.

So here is a pioint you old moron. Kosi has played 197 more AFL games that you were ever capable of. Compared to him in a football sense you are less than nothing. A bitter old man who abuses and insults a 12 year St.Kilda player.

bigred, barks4eva and I were 20 metres from Kosi when he got his skull fractured. I will always have respect for him coming back after that extremely serious injury. He is well like by his teammates and is a great St.Kilda clubman.

When Kosi retires he will be remembered by real Saints fans as a flawed player who gave his best when he could. When Bernard arsehole disappears from this forum, nobody will remember or even think of him.

An insignificant nothing spouting hatefilled envious bile. The rantings of a little and insignificant nobody.
I will remember Kosi as a player who started with Rooey, but just quite never reached the same heights.
Being a great clubman should and does stand for something in this day and age.

I suppose Bernard can go and stick his head up a dead bears bum.....200 for the Kos

felix
Club Player

Kosi in the team is like putting on a nice warm warn in pair of leather gloves on a frosty morn. Viva la Kosi.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Kosi in the team is like putting on a nice warm warn in pair of leather gloves on a frosty morn. Viva la Kosi.
Luv the Koz!!!