Adelaide vs BJ match/bitch session thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

NOTTHATAWKWARD
Club Player

Re: Adelaide vs BJ match/bitch session thread

White Winmar wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Bombers
Too big Too stong too good! oh hang on a tic....

You have to laugh at the commercial spin. Channel 7 have turned 'cheating and getting caught' into
some kind of 'triumph over adversity' that would should all admire.

seriously wtf. Leni Riefenstahl couldnt have improved on it.

Well directed A Demetriou.
Using a relevant reference involving Leni Riefenstahl just about qualifies as the post of the year. Dare I say it, but it is a triumph of the will, Con.
It's all about the Victory of Faith with Con's posting. 8-)

stevie
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Bombers
Too big Too stong too good! oh hang on a tic....

You have to laugh at the commercial spin. Channel 7 have turned 'cheating and getting caught' into
some kind of 'triumph over adversity' that would should all admire.

seriously wtf. Leni Riefenstahl couldnt have improved on it.

Well directed A Demetriou.
Using a relevant reference involving Leni Riefenstahl just about qualifies as the post of the year. Dare I say it, but it is a triumph of the will, Con.
I remember seeing a dock about her in about 1991, when she was still alive. God, she was a honey still when she was 90 years old!

And it looked like the Crows were last night carried out by the (pep) tide.... :lol:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't she a Nazi?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

And people wonder why there are only enough regulars around here to sponsor one player now rather than 5...hilarious.

This forum is now completely incapable of going past 2 pages, sometimes even less, without descending into nonsensical sledging.

...and its always the same few people who either start it or fall for it

Yes Im on a high horse but Id prefer that to non-stop sniping....anyday.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Wasn't she a Nazi?
She sure was. As important as Goebbels. She was the film maker who transferred the ideology and propaganda onto the screen. World War 2, somewhat predictably, curtailed, if no entirely ended her career as a serious film maker.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Why would anyone think that...? :?

Image Image Image

However, there was probably more to her than that. Be interesting to see how Jodie Foster portrays her if she ever makes that film of Leni's life.

http://www.leni-riefenstahl.de/eng/bio.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leni_Riefenstahl
http://womenshistory.about.com/od/riefe ... nstahl.htm

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I'm not quite sure what to think about Goddard's lesbian style haircut.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I'm not quite sure what to think about Goddard's lesbian style haircut.

Or Adolph Hitler by the look of it. He's just lucky he doesn't have Hickeys weird moustache.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:And people wonder why there are only enough regulars around here to sponsor one player now rather than 5...hilarious.

This forum is now completely incapable of going past 2 pages, sometimes even less, without descending into nonsensical sledging.

...and its always the same few people who either start it or fall for it

Yes Im on a high horse but Id prefer that to non-stop sniping....anyday.
bye bye the regulars.........anyway..........they were more about themselves than the saints so we won't pine for them after the minutes silence..... :roll:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Why would anyone think that...? :?

Image Image Image

However, there was probably more to her than that. Be interesting to see how Jodie Foster portrays her if she ever makes that film of Leni's life.

http://www.leni-riefenstahl.de/eng/bio.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leni_Riefenstahl
http://womenshistory.about.com/od/riefe ... nstahl.htm
Cheers- that's funny. I remembered her name I used to be a big cinema fan once but don't have time any more. The funny thing is the only thing I remembered about her was the Nazi link . If she was a nuclear scientist she would have been welcomed anywhere after the war. People have pretty flexible morals.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

When looking at BJ's performance you have to consider the following things:

1. It was his first game for his new club. Realistically it takes a player at least a season or 2 before he really finds his place in a new team
2. The conditions didn't really suit him
3. His performance gets scaled up a grade due to the fact that he kicked a big goal at a big moment in the game
4. Essendon won a big game so players get let off the hook... ala McQualter in 2010 who was a great role player that always did his bit and then was easily dropped in 2011 never to return despite very little change in his output.
5. He's the highest paid player at the club and had about 6 touches in the first half when the going was tough and got a few cheap possessions late when it was over

Bottom line: he may have done the bare minimum expected but would need to improve

matrix
Saintsational Legend

are we going to have a thread for every game he plays?
sitting he wishing he gets polaxed?

supersaints
Club Player

skeptic wrote:When looking at BJ's performance you have to consider the following things:

1. It was his first game for his new club. Realistically it takes a player at least a season or 2 before he really finds his place in a new team
2. The conditions didn't really suit him
3. His performance gets scaled up a grade due to the fact that he kicked a big goal at a big moment in the game
4. Essendon won a big game so players get let off the hook... ala McQualter in 2010 who was a great role player that always did his bit and then was easily dropped in 2011 never to return despite very little change in his output.
5. He's the highest paid player at the club and had about 6 touches in the first half when the going was tough and got a few cheap possessions late when it was over

Bottom line: he may have done the bare minimum expected but would need to improve
On point one
I would not expect gun players "to take at least one or two seasons To find his place ". That absurd, a top line player would be expected to be about his best in half a dozen games or so, at the absolute worst half a season.
Since the Bummers gave him a four year contract are you seriously suggesting that they would be happy for their highest paid player to take half his contract to " find his place" In that case why would Any club even consider drafting an elite player from another club. You are a very patient person, a lot more patient than I would be. I'm sure if we recruited Franklin or Ablett etc that you would be happy to wait two years to find their top form?

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Fair point however wasn't really what I meant

What I mean is that it will take 2-3 years for him to really produce his absolute best... (know where his teammates lead, positioning, how to speak to particular players etc) that's not to say that his performances before then will all be as average as his first one

If we recruited Franklin, Iwould expect his 3rd season to be better than his previous 2... that's not to say that his first 2 would suck

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Fair point however wasn't really what I meant

What I mean is that it will take 2-3 years for him to really produce his absolute best... (know where his teammates lead, positioning, how to speak to particular players etc) that's not to say that his performances before then will all be as average as his first one

If we recruited Franklin, Iwould expect his 3rd season to be better than his previous 2... that's not to say that his first 2 would suck

I would expect every season to be great at that price and if they are waiting for his third year he will be about 30. Cant see him improving to much then.