Saints offer Pick #25 and Cripps for Brown

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints offer Pick #25 and Cripps for Brown

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I am unsure Wallace said the Hickey deal was bad. i heard him on SEN that day and he was very positive about the deal so unless he has changed his mind I am surprised. And i dont he chose Tambling. That is what recruiters do unless you actually know he did.
Just said so on TradeRadio. Gave the Saints a C- for trade week mainly because of the Hickey trade and losing Goddard.

He doesn't take into account that the trade was almost exactly the same as the Lee trade although Hickey actually has played AFL and has show something while Lee hasn't.

Another negative was losing Goddard. Apparently we are supposed to pay 750k over four years regardless of what anyone else at the club is being paid.

Absolute flog who has been sacked by every club he ever coached. His trading while coach was abysmal. And you dont reckon he had a say in the players that were recruited to clubs he was coach at?

I doubt he had much say in pick one. Coaches rely on the recruiters for the top picks and in lower picks they usually recruit for needs. Well thats what John beveridge told me. And if he said that about Hickey he has changed his mind. C- does seem fair to me however not that we should have kept BJ.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

We should have walked away from this deal. Stupid.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:Rumour that the deal is Cripps, Jones and 25 for Brown and 41 or 61
Now we are being f@@ked over.

Two players and #25 for a player who cant get a game at the Eagles????

F*** Off - what a joke.

If that goes down - I would agree Wallace has a point.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
FQF
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:Rumour that the deal is Cripps, Jones and 25 for Brown and 41 or 61

F*** Off - what a joke.

C- would be generous

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote: Just said so on TradeRadio. Gave the Saints a C- for trade week mainly because of the Hickey trade and losing Goddard.

He doesn't take into account that the trade was almost exactly the same as the Lee trade although Hickey actually has played AFL and has show something while Lee hasn't.

Another negative was losing Goddard. Apparently we are supposed to pay 750k over four years regardless of what anyone else at the club is being paid.

Absolute flog who has been sacked by every club he ever coached. His trading while coach was abysmal. And you dont reckon he had a say in the players that were recruited to clubs he was coach at?
I have more time for Wallet than most - I quite enjoy him during the year doing the late Saturday SEN shift.... but really these opinions on the Saints trading are pretty ordinary.

Both Lee and Hickey if in this year's draft would be taken between 15-25 (at a guess from reading various other sources (Emma Quayle) and some mock drafts (Knightmare, AFL future stars/Shifter Sheahan))... so in my book to have paid 12/13 for each of them but to have received a pick back in the mid-20s for each is a terrific piece of trading - of course we don't know how either will turn out, but on the face of things, given we had zero ruck depth and with Roo and Kosi reaching the end of their careers, we have drafted a couple of Talls with acknowledged potential AND still have a couple of reasonable picks to have a crack at some quality mids - or to trade for a KPD.

The Goddard one - well, it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest that we should have matched the Bombers.... if we had what sort of a message does it send to the likes of Dal, Lenny and Joey, all of whom agreed to a new contract with the minimum of fuss BEFORE their previous contracts ran out... all the young players at the club now know that if they are loyal to the Saints then they will be looked after... but if they aren't and try to twist our arms too hard into getting a better $$ deal then they may as well wave farewell.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

F*** Off - what a joke.

Cant see that happening because I doubt WC would have any interest in CJ. Looks doubtful anything is going to happen. Tom Simpkin will just have to do his best.

saintjake
Club Player

Wow, if the talk of CJ, Cripps and 25 is true, then that hurts.

Stef Martin being traded to brisbane for a pick in the 50's & 70's could of been tried out as a key back for a year until we had a chance to get something else.

He also could of been the athletic second ruckman for a lot lot lot cheaper.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:Wow, if the talk of CJ, Cripps and 25 is true, then that hurts.

Stef Martin being traded to brisbane for a pick in the 50's & 70's could of been tried out as a key back for a year until we had a chance to get something else.

We've already got Hickey. Perhaps we were not that keen on Martin who may well have spent most of his time at Sandy.

As I said elsewhere:

Plan A may be to get Brown.

Plan B may be to target someone who is not currently an AFL listed player and therefore not part of this Trade Period.

We shouldn't just go after any biggish bloke who may be able to do some sort of job for us down back.

saintjake
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintjake wrote:Wow, if the talk of CJ, Cripps and 25 is true, then that hurts.

We've already got Hickey. Perhaps we were not that keen on Martin who may well have spent most of his time at Sandy.

As I said elsewhere:

Plan A may be to get Brown.

Plan B may be to target someone who is not currently an AFL listed player and therefore not part of this Trade Period.

We shouldn't just go after any biggish bloke who may be able to do some sort of job for us down back.

Thats True, I still would have preferred Martin over Hickey, but thats just my opinion.

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:

F*** Off - what a joke.

Maybe - but neither CJ nor Cripps are starting 22. CJ will never be anything more than depth and would likely be delisted next year. Cripps I personally don't rate, but accept that he does have some potential. And neither player would be starting 22 at WCE either.

I would jump at this deal, simply because Brown is so important to us... with him we have a shot at making finals in the next 2 years... without him we don't. IMO it's that simple.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Burkey 1
Club Player

Liam Pickering, Browns manager has apparently just turned up, something must be happening you would think ??

paddy
Club Player

Cant believe we not even going to get a pick for crippa....

pretty bad trading tbh.... well... 37mins left

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I have heard some stories about good old Tezza!! I can't repeat them here but he's lucky he has relos in high places.

I also met him briefly once. He's a flog.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:Cant believe we not even going to get a pick for crippa....

Remember, he is an uncontracted player, he will walk anyway and probably get picked up by the beagles in the draft as know one will touch him, so we wouldnt get anything for him

I love this club
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:

Remember, he is an uncontracted player, he will walk anyway and probably get picked up by the beagles in the draft as know one will touch him, so we wouldnt get anything for him
Yep. Not bad trading, just unfortunate.

paddy
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:

Thats what i meant.... he will walk, and we probably could have traded him for their pick 38 had we have accepted that we weren't going to get brown

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

Thats what i meant.... he will walk, and we probably could have traded him for their pick 38 had we have accepted that we weren't going to get brown
Fair point

I love this club
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

How do you figure that?

They can get him for nothing. Why use a pick on him?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Remember, he is an uncontracted player, he will walk anyway and probably get picked up by the beagles in the draft as know one will touch him, so we wouldnt get anything for him[/quote]

Thats what i meant.... he will walk, and we probably could have traded him for their pick 38 had we have accepted that we weren't going to get brown[/quote]

How do you figure that?

They can get him for nothing. Why use a pick on him?[/quote]

Which is how that deal should be looked at, it is effectively Jones and 25 for Brown

I love this club
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:Which is how that deal should be looked at, it is effectively Jones and 25 for Brown
Which some may say is effectively 25 for Brown 8-)

paddy
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:How do you figure that?

Because that is what they had offered saints.... according to the HS trade chat...

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:Which is how that deal should be looked at, it is effectively Jones and 25 for Brown
Which some may say is effectively 25 for Brown 8-)
clever Doc, you should be a mod, oops wrong thread :)

I love this club
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:

Because that is what they had offered saints.... according to the HS trade chat...

And they get everying right.

paddy
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
paddy wrote:

perhaps not, but i'm sure they have their finger on the pulse more than I do....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
paddy wrote:

perhaps not, but i'm sure they have their finger on the pulse more than I do....

Sometimes I doubt it.