The Virus and Wilkes selected

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Re: The Virus and Wilkes selected

How polo gets a game is beyond me! What does he bring to the side?
Great to see Tezza get a game even though he will be the sub.
And we have still got some good quality players to come into the side (e.g. schnieder, gram) and some young players still pushing for a spot (simpkin, siposs, saad). So i'm sure Watters will be conveying the message that some players need to bust their gut to keep their spot in the side.

Sainter for life.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

So happy for terry and yea can't believe polo!

#1 Ryder fan
gringo
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:So happy for terry and yea can't believe polo!
Polo actually looked ok in the NAB series against Geelong he threw himself horizontally in a tackle, he looks like he knows times running out. Well done to any player who puts in the effort. Hope he becomes the player he should be he has some talent just not the belief after Richmond drummed it out of him- he was Fioraed.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: Polo actually looked ok in the NAB series against Geelong he threw himself horizontally in a tackle, he looks like he knows times running out. Well done to any player who puts in the effort. Hope he becomes the player he should be he has some talent just not the belief after Richmond drummed it out of him- he was Fioraed.
Polo can throw himself horizontally all he likes, the one thing he can't do is dispose of the ball in a meaningful way. He was very lucky to get games because Lenny was out last year, hopefully he has a great year at Sandy.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thequarry wrote:I thought the "rules" (or whatever) said that those named in the starting 18 on the Thursday were definite ins, with the final four interchange players named from the extended bench of seven. Obviously Ray has been taken out of the starting 18 for Cripps, and I remember Archer was taken out of the starting 18 before the Round 3 game last year - I haven't seen this happen otherwise though? Is there actually a rule that says anything like that?

No. Just unusual.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Polo plays with a lot more physical attack on the contest than some of our other small-mids, and the pre-season games showed we lacked that intensity around the packs. Looking at Hawks v Pies last night, it is pretty obvious that some of our small-mids are just going to have to be a lot more physical and win the hard ball if we are going to be any kind of threat this season.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

thequarry wrote:I thought the "rules" (or whatever) said that those named in the starting 18 on the Thursday were definite ins, with the final four interchange players named from the extended bench of seven. Obviously Ray has been taken out of the starting 18 for Cripps, and I remember Archer was taken out of the starting 18 before the Round 3 game last year - I haven't seen this happen otherwise though? Is there actually a rule that says anything like that?
nah, that's never been a rule. they pick 25 on the thursday night and stick them on the team sheet in fairly random order. then three go out on friday night.

most times the 18 named on the ground doesn't mean anything, except for in the teamsheet half an hour before the game. the three named on the bench at that point have to actually start off the ground. (and the sub named at that point obviously has to be the sub.)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

5.3.1 D etails
Unless otherwise determined by a Controlling Body, a Team
Sheet shall:
(a) list the names and numbers of the Players in the Team;
(b) identify the Interchange Players;
(c) identify the captain; and
(d) list the name of the coach, Team Runner(s) and any
other Official participating in the Match.
5.3.2 C ompleting and Lodging Team Sheet
Unless otherwise determined by a Controlling Body, an Official
of each Team shall complete and lodge with a field Umpire its
Team Sheet no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled
commencement of a Match.

http://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/afl_doc ... l_2010.pdf

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107