Rendell to be sacked by Crows?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rendell to be sacked by Crows?

Teflon wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
BigMart wrote:Where is Jason Mifsud in all of this
He's huge on the issue of race in sport.. IMO, plays the racism card and takes the victim position too often.. Very regular comments on twitter always reverting to race..
Hell, he tried to turn the Jeremy Lin craze into a race debate insinuating that he was popular solely because he was Asian, and insinuated that if you were a new supporter of his and thought Lin was great, it was motivated by racist undertones.. Just rubbish.
Totally agree.

Mifsud ought to go as well.

I often see him turn a genuine debate into the "race" debate. What shytes me in all this is while Dimwit and co are falling over themselves to see who can be the most "politically correct" the only real sufferers are young up and coming Aboriginal people, cause while the public political circus is in full swing no one actually gives a shyte about finding a solution...

FWIW I think Rendell is abit of a big mouth and its caught up with him.....but surely the answer here isnt to throw him on the scrapheap - but to make him accountable for helping with the solution and maybe educating him along the way?? (if in nothing else...at the least in how to get his point across without hijacking the issue).
Good points.

G Thomas is a definitely big mouth and makes a career of it. Rendell is possibly a big mouth and gets labelled. Go figure.

And as for Mifsud - silence is deafening. And damning. I sniff aggressive career opportunism. That's how those footy admin types roll. IMO, that is. Don't want AD ringing my employer and all...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Great interview with Darryl White .
One of my favourite non-Saints ever. Pretty well spoken dude. Makes some good points.

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio ... ndell/4115

zebraman
Club Player

Is Jason Mifsud a creible part of this?

" The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle "
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Credit Growth has now slowed to 3% PA - and Australians (and Government post the GFC and needing to keep the economy afloat) are repairing their Balance Sheets and actually saving...
you realise that government saving is the exact opposite of "keeping the economy afloat", right?

governments are supposed to run deficits in bad times and surpluses in good times. it's simple macroeconomics.

supersaints
Club Player

Sad for Matt,
Still I wonder how much his little black recruiting book ( oops, can I say that?) is worth?
Be nice if he accidentally left it in the saints rooms one day. Matt reckons this is going to be the biggest and best draft on record , talent wise!
He should stick it up Adelaide.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He will work again somewhere, perhaps as an advisor on some kind of casual basis?

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

what stinks in this whole issue is , any time some one not of a particular race says anything slightly critical about another race , they immediately are jumped on for being a "rascist" , and " the issue " gets lost.
After watching the interview last night , i believe Rendell wants to see young aboriginal footballers getting the opportunity to get scholarships to schools around the country, thus increasing their retention rate , if they are good enough to make the Afl . A grand plan , which i'm sure we'd all like to see . However with all the B.....S.... that goes round an issue like this , we'll be lucky to see within the next five years .

In red white and black from 73
Sobraz
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:He will work again somewhere, perhaps as an advisor on some kind of casual basis?
Not sure f he'd want to... Seemed pretty fed up with it all last night... Intimated that there is too much crap off field these days that deflates his enthusiasm and love of the game... Clearly it is the on field stuff and seeing the young talent come through and succeed that gets his blood pumping...

Too much politics nowadays for straight shooters like MR... I think we've seen the last of him in the AFL...

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

To think that someone with the courage and integrity of Rendell is lost to this industry, while the likes of Demetriou and Trigg remain (and also his so-called friend Mifsud, who it's now claimed by Trigg was "highly offended" yet didn't mention it for 6 weeks! and apparently told GT he wasn't offended) makes me sick.

Trigg has apparently been on the radio today in Adelaide and here is a summary of what he had to say: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 63&page=22

It seems even most at Adelaide are not swallowing it.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:To think that someone with the courage and integrity of Rendell is lost to this industry, while the likes of Demetriou and Trigg remain (and also his so-called friend Mifsud, who it's now claimed by Trigg was "highly offended" yet didn't mention it for 6 weeks! and apparently told GT he wasn't offended) makes me sick.

Trigg has apparently been on the radio today in Adelaide and here is a summary of what he had to say: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 63&page=22

It seems even most at Adelaide are not swallowing it.
Good on the Adelaide community for not following the clan of politically correct white-boys.

All the whiteys seem to be offended but have any blackies come out and said they are mortified and carried on like the leader of the AFL and the Crows? No, of course not.

Essentially they have said WTF however have not criticised Rendell and kind of shrugged their collective shoulders and moved on.

It seems like the whiteys are trying to fight some good vs evil fight they have established in their own warped minds by publically hanging Matt Rendell.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Page 26 of that Adelaide thread is interesting, showing what is going on on Twitter, especially interesting was this re-tweet by Fahour, the other one in the room with Rendell and Misfud:

Karl Jackson ‏ @k_jacko
Matt Rendell digging a deep hole. "They" "Their" "Aboriginal Life" Good model is to get them to leave home at 14. No, not racist at all...

Sounds like Fahour has a major axe to grind and thinks anything and everything is "racist". How is someone wanting to improve the situation (like how Cyril Rioii came into the AFL by leaving home at 14 to come to Melb and get used to it all) being "racist"? How stupid is he? Racism is discriminating against someone, with the intent of "harming" them, not trying to help them out with good intentions! This is not like the stolen generation where it happened against their will! :shock: :shock:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote: Sounds like Fahour has a major axe to grind and thinks anything and everything is "racist". How is someone wanting to improve the situation (like how Cyril Rioii came into the AFL by leaving home at 14 to come to Melb and get used to it all) being "racist"? :
haven't St kevins and assumption been taking talented young men away from their homes- Boarding- for decades?
and not indigenous young men only..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

This has become bigger than I can possibly comprehend.

I'd like to hear Jason in all of this.

Was he genuinely offended (and it's not for us to decide what is offensive or not)

So I glean from the above twitter message, Fahour isn't a fan of the idea of integrating them into local schools.

Fair enough, come up with a better solution then, which let's be honest....is all Rendell was trying to do.

It's not like the guy gets compensated every time someone makes it, and has anything to personally gain from it....oOther then desperately wanting to help. All this will do will have people shying away from wanting to say anything about this issue, or participate in any problem solving to rectify it, it's surely created a climate of fear and treading on eggshells?

It appears this become personal, bitter, and not bigger picture anymore?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:This has become bigger than I can possibly comprehend.

I'd like to hear Jason in all of this.

Was he genuinely offended (and it's not for us to decide what is offensive or not)

So I glean from the above twitter message, Fahour isn't a fan of the idea of integrating them into local schools.

Fair enough, come up with a better solution then, which let's be honest....is all Rendell was trying to do.

It's not like the guy gets compensated every time someone makes it, and has anything to personally gain from it....oOther then desperately wanting to help. All this will do will have people shying away from wanting to say anything about this issue, or participate in any problem solving to rectify it, it's surely created a climate of fear and treading on eggshells?

It appears this become personal, bitter, and not bigger picture anymore?
Jason Mifsud now has to be offended. He has said nothing publicly however everyone else has done the talking for him.

Fahour is obviously an idiot.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

.re the blackfellas 'shrugging their shoulders' about it all.

... i can see how that perception could be

.... theres a wisdom often spoken
'Where are you rushing to ?'

.the 'blackfella' lives this white shite
... what is there to get excited about ?

Big talk No (correct) action ... same as it always Is.

Where is there to rush to ?
Vlad has already rushed there.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

The Redeemer wrote:
Jason Mifsud now has to be offended. He has said nothing publicly however everyone else has done the talking for him.

Fahour is obviously an idiot.
Misfud would have been gagged by the AFL like no-one has been gagged before, I imagine.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

As I've said earlier, surely the AFL were concerned on Friday that if they didn't see to Rendell getting fired that it may adversely impact on sponsorship arrangements.

The whole inclusive AFL image in their mind was getting tarnished.

All you need is a major sponsor to buy into that and jump ship and the domino effect could be a financial disaster.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

a credibility disaster instead.

Interesting priorities.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Either GT or Mifsud or Trigg are lying. Simple as that. This is not over. Someone apart from Rendell will pay a price. Bet the AFL come out of it squeaky clean though.

I still find the problem that all Aboriginal people are classified together and seen as one lot. They are from heaps of different backgrounds Goodes is in a different category to Jurrah who would have probably had trouble getting boots to play in let alone learning English. He may as well be from tribal Sudan that is different to a guy from Perth or Ballarat. Don't jump on the all the same thing. It's like saying all players of German heritage are all the same. Schnieder likes a drink so don't recruit Rooey as it is cultural just look at Gerhig in the past.

I don't know who is telling the truth but don't confuse the issues and start going all aboriginals are either racist themselves or don't give a s*** so why do we. Hopefully if he is as innocent as he says he is given some justice otherwise he got what he deserved. Perhaps the pain of losing a career that spanned that long was crushing and he wants his image to look clean in history who knows. Most people harbour racist tendencies to some degree and many learn to keep quiet rather than lose them.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Apparently there is another twist in the story . In tomorrows HS. I get the feeling maybe Bundy said more than what he said after listening to Robbo on 360

Bring back the Lockett era
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Who is this Misfud character Dimwit keeps talking about? Is he related to Elmer Fudd?

If I was Jason Mifsud I would find it offensive that the boss of the AFL cannot even pronounce my name.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

gutsy brave thing and fantastic right of reply by Rendell on Talking Footy last night

great that he chose not to go down quietly - but come out punching and demonstrating that he's been politically stitched up

he did really well not to throttle C.Wilson

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I like that there are women working in the AFL industry.

However Caro has become increasingly poor of late at seperating fact and fiction, and increasingly sensationalist by nature.

Perhaps it's time to refocus, or pass on the title to someone else.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I like that there are women working in the AFL industry.

However Caro has become increasingly poor of late at seperating fact and fiction, and increasingly sensationalist by nature.

Perhaps it's time to refocus, or pass on the title to someone else.
What! Is there another Caro?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell