Match thread vs West Coast.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

Re: Match thread vs West Coast.

Siposs has scored a goal and taken out an old lady.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Just been listening to updates on Sen from Darren Parkin. It sounds a bit like we need a bit more dash through the centre. NAB Cup matches are a good chance to try a few different things and I hope that that is what is happening. We are obviously still missing the run of Gwilt off the back line and combined with Zac leaving, is going to leave a bit of a hole.
Biggest concern from my point of view is that the old problem of having what looks like a pretty daunting forward line in terms of talent struggling to kick more than seven goals in a match again. And only going by what I have heard Stanley is still really struggling.
Move Kosi to CHB, open up the forward line a bit and play Schneider at FF for the last quarter. And yes, sub number 12 off. 'Tis a long year that lies ahead.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

PakenhamSaint wrote:Siposs has scored a goal and taken out an old lady.
ROFL.

Dermi reckons the old cow gave Siposs a spray just before being struck by the kick. "Karma strikes" says Dermi!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Considering we are missing only one of our best 20 and West Coast are missing 8 or their best 15 or 16 or so, this is a very ordinary performance. We're getting pansed. Cox, Natanui and Darling are beating us on their own. I hope it's the heat that's largely contributing to our poor performance, because otherwise we have a massive amount to do by round one and only one more match to do it in.
Oh dear.

You're all stressing about practice match form.

This is funny!

Don't you remember in 2009 where our praccy match form was crap then won 20 straight.
Don't you remember in 2009 where Geelong won the NAB Cup and the Grand Final?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Considering we are missing only one of our best 20 and West Coast are missing 8 or their best 15 or 16 or so, this is a very ordinary performance. We're getting pansed. Cox, Natanui and Darling are beating us on their own. I hope it's the heat that's largely contributing to our poor performance, because otherwise we have a massive amount to do by round one and only one more match to do it in.
Oh dear.

This is funny!

Don't you remember in 2009 where our praccy match form was crap then won 20 straight.
Please get it right. We won 19 straight. Wasnt long ago, cmon man.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
chook23
Saintsational Legend

THE AFL has granted Adelaide hosting rights for Saturday night’s NAB Cup grand final despite potential opponents West Coast and Hawthorn likely to pull greater crowds.
Crows chief executive Stephen Trigg sent a forceful submission to AFL boss Andrew Demetriou on Friday night on why the decider should be played at AAMI Stadium.

Adelaide drew just 12,062 people to its 77-point thumping of Collingwood on Friday night, but the league confirmed on Twitter tonight it would be at AAMI.

The Crows will meet Hawthorn unless a weakened West Coast line up can defeat St Kilda at Patersons Stadium tonight.

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Gee your a bunch of worry worts. :lol:

Carlton and Geelong got smashed today.

It's about getting minutes into guys, that is why a lot of them are rotating, that's why are lot were left out there and are spent.

Floods, to heat, all the travel....it's not about excuses, it's actually very good preperation for the season proper.

WCE haven't travelled for three weeks, will sail into the NAB cup grand final, as they should.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Nothing i didnt expect. I do expect games like that this year. Because i do worry about how the team wil go.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
chook23
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Gee your a bunch of worry worts. :lol:

Carlton and Geelong got smashed today.

It's about getting minutes into guys, that is why a lot of them are rotating, that's why are lot were left out there and are spent.

Floods, to heat, all the travel....it's not about excuses, it's actually very good preperation for the season proper.

WCE haven't travelled for three weeks, will sail into the NAB cup grand final, as they should.

With players out.....

WCE had plenty out AND THEN won fairly easily

that is what is a concern

Geelong should have got smashed with who they had out.........

saint4life
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
PakenhamSaint wrote:Siposs has scored a goal and taken out an old lady.
ROFL.

Dermi reckons the old cow gave Siposs a spray just before being struck by the kick. "Karma strikes" says Dermi!
This is why I love Derm. Yes he is a man's man and a king jock but geez he is honest and when he analyses a player or the game he has an opinion which so many do not.

Brad Johnson on the goal-line camera "yes I think it is good". Thanks Johnno. s*** footballer s*** commentator.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Positives.

Joey, Lenny and Dal got into the game, but were obviously rusty. Can and will improve.

Kosi was great IMO, contested well, helped in the ruck and applied good tackling pressure all night.

Sippos, Ledger, Cripps, Simpkin, Winmar all continue to press for selection.

Schneider looked dangerous, and really fit.

Concerns.

Our defence got ripped apart by the big guys.

Cox and Nic Nat had 28 hitouts, Ben 4.....Kosi in bursts 4, Blake 2.

Our forward line looked it's most dangerous in the last when Roo was on the bench.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Oh dear.

This is funny!

Doesn't anyone remember last year's early matches when Geelong (under a then new coach) were totally written off with commentatars (like Mike Sheahan) saying it was the end of an era, etc, blah, blah.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:We've been filth. Very few winners.

Stanley ordinary at half forward, Riewoldt has done very little. Kosi a bit better.

Defence looking a bit vulnerable too. Simpkin solid. Hayes our best.

Brererton thinks we're missing the unpredictability of Saad and Milera
how can we "missing" two blokes with zero games between them?

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Concerns.

Our forward line looked it's most dangerous in the last when Roo was on the bench.
That sounds like the Geelong NAB cup match in the first round when he didn't play. We looked much better then. Now that IS a concern.

“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

good to see sensational still full of those early panicked callers. first full game since September, over there in the heat, very rusty players, and it's a nab game where we had Buckley,s chance of getting to the final. how did buckley's team go, speaking of writing off a season - or are magpie fans a little less prone to panic?
thanks for the match thread - no austar at home. anyone able to give a summary of performances?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Lenny and the youngsters mainly - and who played fullback?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:good to see sensational still full of those early panicked callers. first full game since September, over there in the heat, very rusty players, and it's a nab game where we had Buckley,s chance of getting to the final. how did buckley's team go, speaking of writing off a season - or are magpie fans a little less prone to panic?
thanks for the match thread - no austar at home. anyone able to give a summary of performances?
How did geelong and blues go today?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Lenny and the youngsters mainly - and who played fullback?
Lenny had the most clearances, a little rusty with his handball, but building.

Dal and Joey also rusty.

Was Simpkin I think for most of it? Wilkes and Dempster appeared to take the resting ruckman, Dempster first half, Wilkes second half. Gilbert on Darling, Blake in there at times also in the ruck. Found it hard to keep up as a lot of subbing off and rotating?

Ledger, Cripps, Siposs, Simpkin did nothing to put a spanner in the works of their good progress. Winmar showed glimpes.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
desertsaint wrote:good to see sensational still full of those early panicked callers. first full game since September, over there in the heat, very rusty players, and it's a nab game where we had Buckley,s chance of getting to the final. how did buckley's team go, speaking of writing off a season - or are magpie fans a little less prone to panic?

got beaten with weakened teams representing them

We got beaten with almost full list against a WCE missing many of their best 22

that is the difference

Yes it is only a praccy match............

saint4life
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

thanks sainterOK :wink:

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Watters said at half time "we had prescribed minutes that we had in mind for all players, regardless of the scoreboard, we will stick to that because its all about prepartion for round 1." I wouldn't be getting too worried. But, if we lose to port round 1, then its time to panic. We always have the secret weapon to unleash (rhys stanley knocking the opposition out with his lethal kicking)

Sainter for life.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote: We always have the secret weapon to unleash (rhys stanley knocking the opposition out with his lethal kicking)
Or Siposs with old grannies. :lol:

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
dcstkfc wrote: Don't you remember in 2009 where our praccy match form was crap then won 20 straight.
Doesn't anyone remember last year's early matches when Geelong (under a then new coach) were totally written off with commentatars (like Mike Sheahan) saying it was the end of an era, etc, blah, blah.[/quote]

Geelong started last year 13-0

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

got beaten with weakened teams representing them

We got beaten with almost full list against a WCE missing many of their best 22

that is the difference

Yes it is only a praccy match............
Agreed. Unless you expect Milera to make the difference then it's not a great sign

saintly
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:Watters said at half time "we had prescribed minutes that we had in mind for all players, regardless of the scoreboard, we will stick to that because its all about prepartion for round 1." I wouldn't be getting too worried. But, if we lose to port round 1, then its time to panic. We always have the secret weapon to unleash (rhys stanley knocking the opposition out with his lethal kicking)

i am sorry, but i think we have been losing to Port for a while now