Team - Saints v Carlton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
PJ wrote:Armitage will return for the first final - MG is in to experiment/tinker with the balance of talls before the real stuff begins. I actually don't think Ross cares where the final is as long as it's not at ANZ.

Hope so
Lock it in Matey :wink:

Middo
Club Player

jays wrote:think we to top heavy think baker will come in for blake imo
Please not Bakes , great on his day but it's now passed ..

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:What was wrong with the forward line TBS?
Let's take the season as a whole and not just last week.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Two reasons why Gardi has been selected :

1. To interchange with Big Ben off the bench effectively giving both of them about half a game each. Kosi to fill in around forward 50 during interchange.
2. Gives Gardi senior match time in preparation for the finals.

All in all, I think Gardi's selection with 1 and 2 above in mind is a good move. Also, Carlton have talls in Warnock, Kruezer and O'hAilpin so we are matching them up.

Incidentally, Saints to win reasonably well.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:Two reasons why Gardi has been selected :

1. To interchange with Big Ben off the bench effectively giving both of them about half a game each. Kosi to fill in around forward 50 during interchange.
2. Gives Gardi senior match time in preparation for the finals.

All in all, I think Gardi's selection with 1 and 2 above in mind is a good move. Also, Carlton have talls in Warnock, Kruezer and O'hAilpin so we are matching them up.

Incidentally, Saints to win reasonably well.
With only 3 on the bench now you cant have ruckmen playing 50%. Doesnt give the mids enough rest.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

What about matchups Plugger. Their three talls are 199, 200 and 206 cms.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Armitage will return for the first final - MG is in to experiment/tinker with the balance of talls before the real stuff begins. I actually don't think Ross cares where the final is as long as it's not at ANZ.
RL cares where it is and he would not want the game to be played in Sydney. I'm not sure if the SCG would suit our forward set up. It would probably suite Roo playing close to goal but what about the two smalls and Kosi. I think it would stuff things right up for us.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:What about matchups Plugger. Their three talls are 199, 200 and 206 cms.
That is a match up we could have exploited as well. I don't have a clue what Ross' thinking is on this.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:What about matchups Plugger. Their three talls are 199, 200 and 206 cms.
Heavens! Someone used the correct spelling for "their" on the board. Things are looking up. Your points are well made. There seems to be an assumption in some other posts that they're going to play Jarryn Geary as their sub. He may start on the bench and be the extra mid, with Jason Blake being given the green jacket.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
That is a match up we could have exploited as well. I don't have a clue what Ross' thinking is on this.
What do you mean? Ross would be thinking of covering their three talls, surely.

PJ
SS Life Member

There are few unknowns about the make up of our team at present particularly in relation to what you get if you bring in Gamble, Lynch, Baker, etc.

The only big unknown or potential x factor (that is AFL proven) is Gardi. He is our only "what if" and part of that what if is in relation to clearances. How would our mids function with more service or potential 1st use of the ball?

Kosi still needs game time to keep him improving fitness and confidence. Ben has had less impact as the season has gone deep - he has had a massive year in terms of improvement but could probably use a breather before the real stuff.

The question that keeps jumping around in my head is what do we do if Gardi does in fact fire up and contribute well to the structure? You then have 3 talls in form - not a bad predicament but which way do you roll?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
What do you mean? Ross would be thinking of covering their three talls, surely.
exploit for pace..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Who are they? Warnock and Kruzer. Who is the third?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I suspect its an attempt to rest Big Ben while keeping him match fit.

Also to give us extra marking power in the HB line.

Gardiner does look so much more professional than many others especially in the first half.

I wonder at his tank though?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
As Go Sainters Go said, Setanta Ó hAilpín. He is 199cm tall. Matthew Kreuzer is 200cm and Robert Warnock is the big boy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
As Go Sainters Go said, Setanta Ó hAilpín. He is 199cm tall. Matthew Kreuzer is 200cm and Robert Warnock is the big boy.
Yep but the difference is that only Warnock cant play anywhere else. We have MG and Ben as ruckmen who really arent forwards.

To the top
SS Life Member

OK Plugit of the trillion posts, we get it.

Lyon and his fellow selectors, plus the support staff accountable for player fitness and conditioning are all dip sticks who know nothing of the players they associate with and are responsible for at the football club.

They have made a monumental mistake selecting Gardiner, McEvoy and Koschitzke in the same side.

The prediction?

In 2012 Lyon is shunted off to Melbourne, the assistant coaches and the support staff in the Football Department are all sacked and Plugit of the trillion posts (he who does not sleep and remains at his keyboard 24/7) is appointed Fuerher of the St Kilda Football Club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:OK Plugit of the trillion posts, we get it.

Lyon and his fellow selectors, plus the support staff accountable for player fitness and conditioning are all dip sticks who know nothing of the players they associate with and are responsible for at the football club.

They have made a monumental mistake selecting Gardiner, McEvoy and Koschitzke in the same side.

The prediction?

In 2012 Lyon is shunted off to Melbourne, the assistant coaches and the support staff in the Football Department are all sacked and Plugit of the trillion posts (he who does not sleep and remains at his keyboard 24/7) is appointed Fuerher of the St Kilda Football Club.
How are you man of a million words when one will surfice? Sorry but for a change I disagree with the selections. And now i am coach because of that. Strange. Anyway my first job as coach is to stop you selecting the side. Cahill and Smith was obviously a joke. About time you were funny.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Yep but the difference is that only Warnock cant play anywhere else. We have MG and Ben as ruckmen who really arent forwards.
Im going to back match committee and coach over you. How would you know if this is right/wrong decision...were you in the inner sanctum??

....ofcourse....Im kidding.....I just want to trot out the usual cr@p you do to see how it feels.....and it feels......jinda obvious.....

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Im going to back match committee and coach over you. How would you know if this is right/wrong decision...were you in the inner sanctum??

....ofcourse....Im kidding.....I just want to trot out the usual cr@p you do to see how it feels.....and it feels......jinda obvious.....
100% correct and I hope they are right and even if we lose they could be right. I aint going to use the get of jail crap that others do and say after we lose I told you so.