Just to clear things up

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

This is new. People have opinions. What I dont get is arguing about others that have these said opinions. It's like an episode of Seinfeld...Thread saved by naked kissing men.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:This is new. People have opinions. What I dont get is arguing about others that have these said opinions. It's like an episode of Seinfeld...Thread saved by naked kissing men.
Thank you, says a bit about a thread when a picture of naked men embracing 'saves it' hey?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I loved seinfeld

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If i was an expert

Why arent i getting paid???

I could use the coin......

Unfortunately, as i have mentioned countless times......i am far from an expert and know about the same as most on here...which is not a great deal...

I also am a stauch supporter of Ross Lyon....and even plugger would agree, i have mentioned this numerous occasions...

But truth is irrelevent when attacking credibility....of a stranger none the less
Seems a waste of time, and to obviously hate a stranger...is quite odd
more than odd...sick really....but goes on here all the time......everyone forgets what binds us together.....never used to be like that.... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Some have vendettas

Struck a nerve along the way i suppose....but to take such an offence to strangers opinions......a bit bizarre....one is a bit nasty, but i sense that they're just a sook...

Citisisism is fair....i deserve plenty.....

Playing a bit of sport, sledging and banter is par for the course, as a batsman i have copped heaps (given heaps) but left it out there...in reality, its all a game

Really, this is a joke thread.....nothing more....i went fishing, tongue in cheek...and got a reply in 10 seconds......infact...i get replies from the same three in pretty quick time, and the tone is always predictable....condescending, sometimes abbusive, occasionally personal...but rarely insightful.......always predictable...

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:This thread is hilarious and creepy all at the same time.
I feel an enormous sense of deja vu coming on.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Mr Magic

Will you ever get over it....your public apology, as humiliating as it was....was pathetic enough...now you like a dog with a bone..

Your obsession with me, although entertaining is a bit concerning.....

But do continue.....because i would miss the inevitable, predictable replies....

Stalker..
What an absolute pisser of a response. :lol:

The only thing predictable about an exchange between yourself and myself is that I will always respond.
It's my nature not to let people, even anonymous posters, make ridiculous statements without challenge.
Unfortunately you seem to make more than your fair share of those.

You are so brilliant at hindsight observation that you are now even resorting to 'hindsight explanation' of why you made ridiculous statements (in the context of this argument). :roll:

The point of my original question, which you seem to have taken umbrage at (and if you've somehow forgotten what it was - it was merely to ask if you had been to the game) was that you made some 'early' posts and then some post game posts that seemed to convey you had witnessed the game.

As for your incorrect assertions that being at the game doesn't give you a better overall understanding of what transpired, then I simply suggest that once again you are wrong.

My support for this view?

Every AFL Coach and Forward Scout who attend live AFL games to witness what the opposition is doing.
If they didn't feel it was necessary (even vital) they would simply call for the 'game tapes', wouldn't they?

The mere fact that they actually do atttend games renders your argument as pointless, IMO.

I mean surtely if you're capable of gettting a 'full understanding' of what trasnspired in a game from watching the broadcast, then surely they would be equally as capable, wouldn't they?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Some have vendettas

Struck a nerve along the way i suppose....but to take such an offence to strangers opinions......a bit bizarre....one is a bit nasty, but i sense that they're just a sook...

Playing a bit of sport, sledging and banter is par for the course, as a batsman i have copped heaps (given heaps) but left it out there...in reality, its all a game

Really, this is a joke thread.....nothing more....i went fishing, tongue in cheek...and got a reply in 10 seconds......infact...i get replies from the same three in pretty quick time, and the tone is always predictable....condescending, sometimes abbusive, occasionally personal...but rarely insightful.......always predictable...
I will again be predictable. This started this time because you said Armo played in the middle in the second half after being on the wing in the first half. You were replying to a poster who wanted to know where he played. Now if I only watched it on TV I would have stated he looked like he played there as it is impossible to tell where they play from TV. But no it was written as fact like you always do.

I then pointed out he only started twice in the midfield in the second half and then made up some rubbish about the guy having 3 centre clearances which was not true just to try and prove me wrong. You then admitted you made it up. What a surprise. Then you told Polo to get rid of the glove because you knew it didnt help him. God knows how you would know this.

You continue to make statements as fact and when people like MM, JB, Spinner, Myself and one or two other challenge you, you crack it. I know you are a school teacher and as such students wouldnt challenge what you say but on here written rubbish is still written rubbish and will be challenged.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:You continue to make statements as fact and when people like MM, JB, Spinner, Myself and one or two other challenge you, you crack it. I know you are a school teacher and as such students wouldnt challenge what you say but on here written rubbish is still written rubbish and will be challenged.
So the whole thing boils down to - you can have your own opinion but you cant have your own facts.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Rubbish by who standard

Yours.....but hang on, your not arrogant...that is me...you can just dismiss others opinions as rubbish.....

As i said.....your a sook...

I love it how you guys (those mentioned, who are about as popular on this forum as julia gillard) think your holding me to account.....what a serious waste of your time and energy....do you think the majority of others
1) take me that seriously
2) take what i post as gospel or personal
3) care

Get a life.....baited the hook in this thread....and my three favourite fish were feeding in minutes....

Btw....am i allowed to have an opinion on where armitage should play??
Because you refuse to allow it
And can i have an opinion on whether polo should wear a glove because it effects his kicking....or should that be met with ridicule aswell??

You really need to find something more important to worry about....other than attempting to shame a completely anonymous person who finds ss nothing more than a bit of entertainment.....and an outlet for following st kilda...and the frustrations/excitement that come along with it....because really i couldnt care less about your opinions of me or what i post......

But do continue to 'hold me account' if thats what keeps you happy....ill keep posting so it gives you something to Feel superior about....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Btw MM

Just to add to my pointless argument

Do fwd scouts ever watch footage???
If so, why???

I am not sure you have 1 clue....perhaps you do...but keep "responding" to my ridiculous posts....it helps to give them credibility

Seriously, if your going to insult someone, dont embarrass yourself in the process....maybe PM p66 and run you response past him, so he can proof read it..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Rubbish by who standard

Yours.....but hang on, your not arrogant...that is me...you can just dismiss others opinions as rubbish.....

As i said.....your a sook...

I love it how you guys (those mentioned, who are about as popular on this forum as julia gillard) think your holding me to account.....what a serious waste of your time and energy....do you think the majority of others
1) take me that seriously
2) take what i post as gospel or personal
3) care

Get a life.....baited the hook in this thread....and my three favourite fish were feeding in minutes....

Btw....am i allowed to have an opinion on where armitage should play??
Because you refuse to allow it
And can i have an opinion on whether polo should wear a glove because it effects his kicking....or should that be met with ridicule aswell??

You really need to find something more important to worry about....other than attempting to shame a completely anonymous person who finds ss nothing more than a bit of entertainment.....and an outlet for following st kilda...and the frustrations/excitement that come along with it....because really i couldnt care less about your opinions of me or what i post......

But do continue to 'hold me account' if thats what keeps you happy....ill keep posting so it gives you something to Feel superior about....
What a load of rubbish. You can have an opinion on where Armo could play but you lied and said he played ion the middle in the second half. You had no idea as you were watching it on TV. You then lied about how many centre clearances he had just to try and prove you were right. That isnt an opinion were he should play that is a fact that isnt true were he did play. Then you tell Polo to take the glove off because he will not help. That again fact that you wouldnt have a clue about. Why does he wore it if it doesnt help. To annoy you or to kick worse or just maybe he was advise that it would help. But you know of course because you are his doctor.

As for entainment you are right. And you are clearly the most entertaining here. And if I am arrogant god knows what that makes you. You are that arrogant you just post and expect people to know what you are talking about. But again the entertainment is great.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I wasnt referring to you p66

Dont get so defensive......however i do believe you consider yourself superior....i am not alone on here in thinking that...

Did you lie when you said armo started in the centre for only two centre bounces???
Did you actually know that, or was that a guess....did you actually record whilst at the game....who was in the bounce for the 30 centre bounces....

How many were all the other mids in for???

Or did you just make that up, to dispute my comment that he played more centre, wing in this game....because you know i dont think ross should play him as a pure defensive fwd as its a waste of his strength...

His output when fwd is dismal....his last effort there he got 4 possesions

But hey, thats just my opinion....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Btw MM

I am not sure you have 1 clue....perhaps you do...but keep "responding" to my ridiculous posts....it helps to give them credibility

Seriously, if your going to insult someone, dont embarrass yourself in the process....maybe PM p66 and run you response past him, so he can proof read it..
Seriously, your paranoia is getting quite sickening.
You're quoting conspiracies as if they really exist when in fact they only exist in your mind.

As for 'giving your posts credibility', that's up to others to determine.

In your apparent paranoid state of mind you can believe anything you want to, so I'm not surprised now by the drivel you continue to post.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Thu 01 Sep 2011 9:14am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Btw MM

Just to add to my pointless argument

Do fwd scouts ever watch footage???
If so, why???

Well genius,
I'm glad you raised that, becasue at least it's trying to address the actual issue of this current argument between you and I.
If you've forgotten, it started when I asked you if you were at the game?

Somehow that question was tantamount to a 'declaration of war' against you and elicited your paranoid responses.

You then started 'beating your chest' and making untrue statements about what I and others had posted.
But that's just par for the course for you when your view is 'questioned'.

To answer your barbed question.
Of course all coaches and forward scouts look at 'game tapes'.
You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.
You think that answer somehow validdates your drivel on this matter?

Of course it doesn't.

Becasue even you know that the 'game tapes' that Coaches adn foreward scouts have access to are not simply the 'broadcast one'.

But yet you once again avoided the question I asked.

If they only need to view the 'game tapes' why do they go to watch opposition games.
Surely they can see evrything they need to see on the 'tapes'?

Or can't they?

Let me ask you some more questions.

Can you coach/select your Junior team just by watching tapes of the game?
Do you actually need to be there?

DO you know what's exactly going on in the classroom, if you're watching a live feed from somewhere else?
Or will you see more from being in the cxlassroom?

Rosco
Club Player

looks like the slow news day phenomenom doesn't just affect the hun.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:looks like the slow news day phenomenom doesn't just affect the hun.
Correct.

If we had some real football news to discuss/argue/debate then maybe these boring threads wouldn't occur?

Note they don't normally occur from about 6pm on a thursday until after the game has finished.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im going thru shitloads of popcorn over here.... :?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Also never used a think franga but thanks for the description.
I think you might use a think franga....there has to be some sort of explanation..... :lol:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Also never used a think franga but thanks for the description.
I think you might use a think franga....there has to be some sort of explanation..... :lol:
And after reading this whole pointless thread i believe you have been handing them out..... :roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:
i am far from an expert and know about the same as most on here...which is not a great deal...
That is absolute rubbish, you're one of the most knowledgable posters on here and I rate your footy opinions very highly. ( except those on soft c**k Gram of course, get a fair dinkum clue would ya).

Cheers

:wink:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
BigMart wrote:
i am far from an expert and know about the same as most on here...which is not a great deal...
That is absolute rubbish, you're one of the most knowledgable posters on here and I rate your footy opinions very highly. ( except those on soft c**k Gram of course, get a fair dinkum clue would ya).

Cheers

:wink:
Now there's an endorsement for ya...............barksroxmart

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
If they only need to view the 'game tapes' why do they go to watch opposition games.
Actually MM, I can clear this up. expressed as a formula, it looks something like .... 1(live game) =2(1pie + 4beer)- 3(hours lawn mowing) - wife

:P

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Some have vendettas

I will again be predictable. This started this time because you said Armo played in the middle in the second half after being on the wing in the first half. You were replying to a poster who wanted to know where he played. Now if I only watched it on TV I would have stated he looked like he played there as it is impossible to tell where they play from TV. But no it was written as fact like you always do.

I then pointed out he only started twice in the midfield in the second half and then made up some rubbish about the guy having 3 centre clearances which was not true just to try and prove me wrong. You then admitted you made it up. What a surprise. Then you told Polo to get rid of the glove because you knew it didnt help him. God knows how you would know this.

You continue to make statements as fact and when people like MM, JB, Spinner, Myself and one or two other challenge you, you crack it. I know you are a school teacher and as such students wouldnt challenge what you say but on here written rubbish is still written rubbish and will be challenged.

Spot on.

And it's not a vendetta. I respond to the quality of the post. The negative trend is present (what you incorrectly call a vendetta) because the posts are continually of poor quality.

But - Not going to start a thread to clear that up about a thread clearing something else up.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Actually MM, I can clear this up. expressed as a formula, it looks something like .... 1(live game) =2(1pie + 4beer)- 3(hours lawn mowing) - wife

:P
:lol: