I don't care that we won, as far as I'm concerned......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Verdun66 wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/o ... 6090940732

I tend to agree with this article. I quite like winning. I've had enough losing over my time as a Saints supporter. Winning pretty is nice, but ugly winning is quite ok in my book.
Couldn't agree more Verdun66! I love winning, no matter how we win! When that siren sounds if we are in front I am more than happy!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I just watched the last quarter and thought it was alright. Some outstanding defensive actions, strong marks, sticking tough. Proud of them. To lose a quarter by ten points is fine by me providing we win the game. But I will say this... BAN THE TROLL

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
PJ
SS Life Member

How dare that Lyon chracter make us win ugly. I want lots of pretty football and nice players that say supportive things to each other and high 5 alot.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:I just watched the last quarter and thought it was alright. Some outstanding defensive actions, strong marks, sticking tough. Proud of them. To lose a quarter by ten points is fine by me providing we win the game. But I will say this... BAN THE TROLL
Well said millersaint.

I've watched the replay and although I won't be burning the last quarter to disc, it certainly wasn't as bad as some of the posts on here suggest.

goddardisgod
Club Player

Re: I don't care that we won, as far as I'm concerned......

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
St Nick wrote:Lyon should be ashamed of himself. That last quarter has to go down as one of the most gutless quarters in the history of the game. Why the hell should I pay money to see that? Lyon has brought the St Kilda football club into disrepute. :evil: :evil: If I want to go and watch uncontested keepings off I will go and watch soccer or basketball. As far as I'm aware, football was a contact sport. FFS, after the second quarter I thought we had finally turned the corner. How stupid was I??
This article says all I want to say...you may aswell go and support the Melbourne Rebels or T20 cricket!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/o ... 6090940732
That's unfair, in Rugby terms, the Rebels are boring as batshit, it's just really exciting compared to League.

Back to the subject at hand. Gutless they were not by any supporters standards.

Boring? unfit? Tired? Defensive?

Sure! But Gutless=troll. f*** off

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

goddardisgod wrote:
St Nick wrote:Lyon should be ashamed of himself. That last quarter has to go down as one of the most gutless quarters in the history of the game. Why the hell should I pay money to see that? Lyon has brought the St Kilda football club into disrepute. :evil: :evil: If I want to go and watch uncontested keepings off I will go and watch soccer or basketball. As far as I'm aware, football was a contact sport. FFS, after the second quarter I thought we had finally turned the corner. How stupid was I??
This article says all I want to say...you may aswell go and support the Melbourne Rebels or T20 cricket!

That's unfair, in Rugby terms, the Rebels are boring as batshit, it's just really exciting compared to League.

Hey Moron (Goggardisgod), I didn't call them Gutless, St. Nick did! Maybe highlight the correct quote troll before you start calling other people trolls!
I simply put the link to the article that says all i want to say! An ugly win is better than a pretty loss no matter how we play!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
goddardisgod
Club Player

goddardisgod wrote:

Hey Moron (Goggardisgod), I didn't call them Gutless, St. Nick did! Maybe highlight the correct quote troll before you start calling other people trolls!
I simply put the link to the article that says all i want to say! An ugly win is better than a pretty loss no matter how we play!
Sorry mate. Meant to separate the two quotes, but was too lazy.

Meant to say the Rebels were boring to you.

And that St. nick was a f***wit troll