How about you just worry about getting a kick mate...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

anyone done a count of the for Zac comments and the For Robert Comments under the article in the paper- It would seem that ( although I feel Zac could have used differant words) MANY support his comments...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:anyone done a count of the for Zac comments and the For Robert Comments under the article in the paper- It would seem that ( although I feel Zac could have used differant words) MANY support his comments...
Probably just reflects that of those prepared to leave a comment, many dislike Robert Walls.
I'm not sure how much of it is proZac rather than AntiWalls?

Over on BigFooty there is a general dislike for Walls as a commentator (immaterial of Club supported), other than seemingly universal support for him from Carlton supporting posters.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

to quote Kim from Kath and Kim

BORING

Saying that I've read most of this and think; god wouldn't it be nice if we just backed our players all the time. What a difference that would make. How stupendously refreshing that would be. Who gives a skid mark about Walls' medals. I couldn't give a dirty skid mark.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I think the odd poster looks through rose coloured glasses on here...

If anyone ever dares to say a harsh word against the saints, it is met with absolut vitriol.....regardless of validity

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

ZAC YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE CLOWN!!!

Bitter because Walls referred to him as an ordinary player who needed to pull his head in after the NZ incident? That was fair commentary.

Try watching the footy and not your opponent, as you do constantly, and you may improve. Otherwise I'm waiting for Tommy Walsh to take your spot (as Max should have for the 2009 finals).

LET YOUR ACTIONS DO THE TALKING.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Loved itm

Great stuff Zacm Good to se one of Robert Walls whipping boys get their own back... Even if only via twitter.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The reality is, and we all know it.....zac had no good reason for his comments.....they have not given him any more respect, and certainly wont worry a guy who's standing in footy is well established....

Ross will tear him a new arse for steppnig outside the "bubble" and allowing, even inviting MORE distraction.

Zac has proven himself to be an absolute fool at times in the last 8 months....for a player with a tetering career, he should be

Magic
Nice little hiiden back-hander.....i must point out the irony again, you have questioned my ability to make comment due to lack of involvement......but how can you question someone, if you have similar or less involvement???

If you were ross lyon, your argument would be well founded.....not sure you are....

I am making comment on a fan forum, expressing an opinion....i am not paid for it, it is not an expert opinion..... You must understand, niether is yours...

Back to wallsy

He IS paid....because he gives EXPERT opinion.....
We might not think so, but a network, a newspaper and three football club boards think differently, because they have all employed him for his knowledge and experience......to borrow a line from you....from our experience, who are we to know better

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote: I'm not sure how much of it is proZac rather than AntiWalls?
Is AntiWalls a drug?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I can understand the argument that Robert Walls is a man with an impressive VFL record and that he's paid to provide expert opinion.

For the sake of the argument I can see why some would consider Zac to be an ordinary player.

I can therefore see why the legend would provide commentary about an ordinary player and that commentary may not be flattering.

But Zac is hardly the worst player in the 17 team competition. If he's "ordinary" then so are quite a few others who are being selected on a regular basis.

Can any of the people rushing to Walls' defense here provide a list of the other ordinary players he has provided regular expert advice to?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:The reality is, and we all know it.....zac had no good reason for his comments.....they have not given him any more respect, and certainly wont worry a guy who's standing in footy is well established....

Ross will tear him a new arse for steppnig outside the "bubble" and allowing, even inviting MORE distraction.

Zac has proven himself to be an absolute fool at times in the last 8 months....for a player with a tetering career, he should be

Magic
Nice little hiiden back-hander.....i must point out the irony again, you have questioned my ability to make comment due to lack of involvement......but how can you question someone, if you have similar or less involvement???

If you were ross lyon, your argument would be well founded.....not sure you are....

I am making comment on a fan forum, expressing an opinion....i am not paid for it, it is not an expert opinion..... You must understand, niether is yours...

Back to wallsy

He IS paid....because he gives EXPERT opinion.....
We might not think so, but a network, a newspaper and three football club boards think differently, because they have all employed him for his knowledge and experience......to borrow a line from you....from our experience, who are we to know better
Mart,
I'm glad you liked the 'hidden back-hander' - I felt enough time had passed since your raving rantings of Saturday night that I could wade into some of your posts without being accused (wrongly) of stalking your every post.
As to the point you're trying to make,
when I give my opinion on something that I know little about (or have no real experience in) I do so as a 'lay person', not as an expert as some on here tend to do.

I tend to give those playing, coaching and administering the benefit of the doubt that they actually do know more about the situation than I do.
Therfore I don't go into tirades about how they don't know what they're doing etc etc.

And that's the point I was trying to make about showing respect to those that have achieved.
You seem to raise it as an issue when it suits you, but ignore the same issue when it doesn't suit your pov.

Simple really,
Cannot be argued!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote: .......I couldn't give a dirty skid mark.
What about a clean one?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:The reality is, and we all know it.....zac had no good reason for his comments.....they have not given him any more respect, and certainly wont worry a guy who's standing in footy is well established....
Come on man.

The reality is, we're talking about the footy.

Walls is entitled to hang s*** on Zac, and most certainly Zac is entitled to hang s*** back on him.

It's the footy. Not the UN.

We're talking about an entertainment business here. Why do people take this game so seriously when it comes to this sort of thing?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Reality is the majority of posters don't care, but I'm not sure he'll be let off the hook that easily from the coaching staff.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Reality is the majority of posters don't care, but I'm not sure he'll be let off the hook that easily from the coaching staff.
A dude like Ross Lyon will be all over him I'd reckon.

But he needs to relax man.

Really, who was the last coach out there that didn't make the odd controversial public statement that ruffled feathers?

I can't remember one at all.

This 'be mega serious about footy' thing is overrated.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
SainterK wrote:Reality is the majority of posters don't care, but I'm not sure he'll be let off the hook that easily from the coaching staff.
A dude like Ross Lyon will be all over him I'd reckon.

But he needs to relax man.

Really, who was the last coach out there that didn't make the odd controversial public statement that ruffled feathers?

I can't remember one at all.

This 'be mega serious about footy' thing is overrated.
Not sure that's why Lyon will be all over him. I reckon it's b/c it's not so much the saints but Zac himself who has now placed himself under the microscope. I can See Walls sitting back smirking and saying 'fair enough, good on the young man for having a crack, now let's see how he performs.' And he'd want to perform after those comments I reckon, b/c everyone will be watching.

I was never a huge wrap for Jason Akermanis, but one thing I always admired about him was that he was prepared to talk the talk and then walk the walk. Same goes for Glenn McGrath. Zac HAS to do this now otherwise he will look pretty stupid imo.

Like I said earlier - could be the making of the young man or.........

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:A dude like Ross Lyon will be all over him I'd reckon.
Dunno about that, Ross may think Walls is a c##t as well :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Zac himself who has now placed himself under the microscope. I can See Walls sitting back smirking and saying 'fair enough, good on the young man for having a crack, now let's see how he performs.' And he'd want to perform after those comments I reckon, b/c everyone will be watching
I predict that he will perform and hopefully drag a few of his mates up with him.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Moods wrote: Zac himself who has now placed himself under the microscope. I can See Walls sitting back smirking and saying 'fair enough, good on the young man for having a crack, now let's see how he performs.' And he'd want to perform after those comments I reckon, b/c everyone will be watching
I predict that he will perform and hopefully drag a few of his mates up with him.
Well if he does it's a masterstroke. Zac playing mind games and winning :shock:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
May well do so.

But I don't see why Zac tweeting about Walls losing his job, calling him a sourpuss and saying karma's a bitch means he's now gotta perform. Realistically Zac could tweet that and retire at the end of the year and go backpacking.

Now if his tweet had've said "Robert Walls you are a d**khead, I'm really the best full back in the league" that would've been different.

But he didn't.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
May well do so.

But I don't see why Zac tweeting about Walls losing his job, calling him a sourpuss and saying karma's a bitch means he's now gotta perform. Realistically Zac could tweet that and retire at the end of the year and go backpacking.

Now if his tweet had've said "Robert Walls you are a d**khead, I'm really the best full back in the league" that would've been different.

But he didn't.
He'll be fair game for Walls and a few of his cronies if he doesn't. They won't forget.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Thats hilarious magic......as long as you think everything you do is great...and never mis-represent yourself......thats ok.

I guess you never pretend to know stuff about things, of which you are not accutely aware....never

From my point of view, i often put myself out there with strong comments at times....those comments can be held accountable at any time

I have been critical of

Recruiting, selection, tactics, effort.....at different times....And with the benefit of hindsight, sometimes I get proven right, other times not.....

One thing i will say
Our club deserves more critisism than praise for its historical performance.
That i am certain...

On Zac

You have more things to worry about than Robert Walls.......one of them is now Ross Lyon....the other is putting your money where your mouth is....added pressure I am not sure you need, considering the fact that full backs are often on a hiding to nothing....wallsy has nothing to lose, or prove.....you still do......you are not quite max hudghton yet

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Ha! Hadn't heard about this until now, great work Zac...erm...I mean, bad, bad terrible Zac.

Anyway, Karma is a bitch, any chance of Walls getting a job with 7 next year?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Not a smart thing to do on Zac's part but it certainly made me lol. Wall's is a maggot.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:He'll be fair game for Walls and a few of his cronies if he doesn't.  They won't forget.
But the Walls supporters keep telling us he's the consummate professional.

Surely he won't treat Zac any differently Post Tweet to Pre Tweet :?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
May well do so.

But he didn't.
That's what I reckon too.

I can't see the problem to be honest.