Kosi 2 weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWal
Club Player

I am sorry but Kosi was standing still with Duncan coming back in to him. Duncan was turning and spinning dictating the direction of the Kosi tackle. Kosi expected a full frontal tackle bringing Duncan down on on top of him. It was Duncan's evasion in the tackle that caused the tackle to be out of Kosi's control.

Case closed

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

afl is not the aussie rules we grew up with and know and love.
sanitised to the point i barely care about the game.
just sad.
soccer is the most popular game in the world, and no doubt the afl are trimming the difference in relation to hardness in some form of misplaced fear.
i miss aussie rules. the afl is trusting our loyalty to our clubs, and trying to attract new support. ef them.
enjoy where the game is headed plugger - gaelic football with a sherrin.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
python
Club Player

I've heard doctors state that there is no varying degree of concussion that can be seen immediately after impact. You are either concussed or not.

I've also heard them state that no matter what, if a player is concussed they will not be allowed to continue, reasoning being that their health takes priority.

So what sort of medical report made the difference? If he was concussed, why was he on the field later on, kicking goals? Or were Geelong ignoring that rule?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

The game is losing me.

Heard Greg Baum on SEN this morning waxing lyrical about how tackles like this need to be taken from the game.

Give me a break. What a load of twaddle.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Before we all go off wanting to challenge the Kosi suspension we need to have a counter arguement to what the MRP found. If we try and fail Kosi gets 3 instead of 2 and the club is (my estimate) $5-7K out of pocket with the QC and the AFL bond. I say cop the 2 weeks and put the $5-7K into a development program for the players !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't bother challenging it.

No point.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintWal
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Before we all go off wanting to challenge the Kosi suspension we need to have a counter arguement to what the MRP found. If we try and fail Kosi gets 3 instead of 2 and the club is (my estimate) $5-7K out of pocket with the QC and the AFL bond. I say cop the 2 weeks and put the $5-7K into a development program for the players !!
Look at the tackle and Duncans movements. I was serious

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Corey's was far worse than Kosi's. Perhaps there should be less emphasis on the injury sustained and more on the potential for injury.

After all, Attempted Murder is a far more serious crime than Assault, even though the latter may on occasions leave the victim worse off.

A player, or a crim, should not benefit simply from the good fortune that their actions failed to achieve maximum damage. 

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I hope we challenge.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintWal
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:Corey's was far worse than Kosi's. Perhaps there should be less emphasis on the injury sustained and more on the potential for injury.

After all, Attempted Murder is a far more serious crime than Assault, even though the latter may on occasions leave the victim worse off.

A player, or a crim, should not benefit simply from the good fortune that their actions failed to achieve maximum damage. 
Totally agree, Corey lifted, yes lifted ala spear tackle, and dictated where Steven was going to fall.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:I hope we challenge.
You're nasty :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I was hoping that you would say that

Moods
Saintsational Legend

python wrote:I've heard doctors state that there is no varying degree of concussion that can be seen immediately after impact. You are either concussed or not.

I've also heard them state that no matter what, if a player is concussed they will not be allowed to continue, reasoning being that their health takes priority.

So what sort of medical report made the difference? If he was concussed, why was he on the field later on, kicking goals? Or were Geelong ignoring that rule?
This is spot on. was listening to mmm on the way home and the bloke in the rooms (i think Michael Roberts) was saying that Duncan was concussed, however the cats decided to ignore the rules b/c of player rotations.

How they can blatantly do that without any type of sanction is bewildering to say the least. If this is the precedent, then players being banned from playing on concussed was just a fad the AFL introduced for a few weeks to make all the right sounds for the AMA. Either that or he wasn't concussed and Kosi was dudded. Which was it? :x

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
python wrote:I've heard doctors state that there is no varying degree of concussion that can be seen immediately after impact. You are either concussed or not.

This is spot on. was listening to mmm on the way home and the bloke in the rooms (i think Michael Roberts) was saying that Duncan was concussed, however the cats decided to ignore the rules b/c of player rotations.

How they can blatantly do that without any type of sanction is bewildering to say the least. If this is the precedent, then players being banned from playing on concussed was just a fad the AFL introduced for a few weeks to make all the right sounds for the AMA. Either that or he wasn't concussed and Kosi was dudded. Which was it? :x
Give kosi two more weeks for that I say....

The whole thing is a joke. I am going to potter around in the garden and visit family for the rest of the season. They can stick the game for all I care. Straw that broke the camels back. Don't care anymore, the game does not make sense.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
AdelaideSainter
Club Player

The AFL is losing me as a fan. How much more rubbish does the average footy fan have to put up with?

Despite my team being horrid for most of my liftetime (South Adel) give me the toughness and traditional nature of the SANFL any day (although even that is changing more and more :( )
Last edited by AdelaideSainter on Mon 20 Jun 2011 10:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saints Angel
Club Player

This is not the game I grew up with anymore. It has been spoiled. I now feel as though I don't know the rules anymore. Bring back the good old days. Kosi made a great tackle.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:No point in challenging. Will not get off. Just take the 2 weeks which he will do.
See where you're coming from, thought the same at first, but seeing as this season is just about dusted, don't think it makes much difference. Just challenge on principle.

Bad management is bad management
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

On what grounds? (serious question). Don't get me wrong. If we have a serious chance we should go for it but I don't see that we can put up a good enough arguement !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
On what grounds? (serious question). Don't get me wrong. If we have a serious chance we should go for it but I don't see that we can put up a good enough arguement !!
Hes being a smart arse. Waiting for the big punchline from the clown. So Kosi gets 3 and we have a chance. :roll:

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

The ironic thing here is that had Duncan had prior opportunity he would have gone for holding the ball. As it was, the result was a ball-up.

Didn't sling. Didn't drive him into the ground. Dead set stiff and should challenge on principal. But ditch the dud we've had pleading our cases prior to this otherwise we have no chance.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

On the fact that when Trengove tackled they stipulated that it was because there was a secondary sling after the initial tackle. Did Kosi do that or was there a trial by media and while trying to look in control Dimmy rang through with a demand for more action from the tribunal?

suss
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Hes being a smart arse. Waiting for the big punchline from the clown. So Kosi gets 3 and we have a chance. :roll:
The irony is that Kosi played pretty well on Saturday and had he been paid the free kicks he so thoroughly deserved from the molestation he received at the hands of Scarlett, he would've kicked five.

Poor old Kosi - boned on Saturday night by Scarlett and the umpires, boned on Monday by the MRP and the Geelong doctor. I'm really beginning to despise this game.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
I was hoping that you would say that
I don't use emoticons.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Eastern wrote:
The irony is that Kosi played pretty well on Saturday and had he been paid the free kicks he so thoroughly deserved from the molestation he received at the hands of Scarlett, he would've kicked five.

Poor old Kosi - boned on Saturday night by Scarlett and the umpires, boned on Monday by the MRP and the Geelong doctor. I'm really beginning to despise this game.
And boned for the last five years by a lot of people on here!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
The head didn't hit the surface first?