Eddie sets precedent

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

NoMore
Club Player

He is not asking for anyones sympathy and assuming the guy was drunk is as bad as eddie assuming he was a racist.

As i have said before it is just my opinion. You are welcome to urs.
Its what makes life fun
If we all had the same opinion how boring would life be

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:
matrix wrote:instead of me reading 3 pages of mehhh

there WASNT a racial slurr???
eddie just lost the plot??
Correct on both points - the subject matter was about the his crimes not his colour
cheers
that cleared that up

actually didnt see the game and only got to sneak out to the car 5 times during the match to catch a quick score update

eddie, what a twit
buy all means have a go at the fan if you feel the need to
but get the situation and the comments said right first

lol

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:He is not asking for anyones sympathy and assuming the guy was drunk is as bad as eddie assuming he was a racist.

As i have said before it is just my opinion. You are welcome to urs.
Its what makes life fun
If we all had the same opinion how boring would life be
So you're suggesting only one sober bloke at the footy had something to say about AK's criminal history. Riiiggghhhttt. Pigs flying etc. And have you heard AK ask for sympathy? All I've heard is McGuire making an A grade arse of himself.

But that's beside the point.

Surely opinion can only be opinion if fact plays a role.

Your opinion about the victim ignores the facts in play and relies solely on your personal feelings about things. So your opinion is not an opinion at all.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
NoMore
Club Player

Your right my personal opinion is that we should tak a zero tolerance attitude to violence

I'm not sure was the victim dealt with through the courts for assaulting krakour

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:Your right my personal opinion is that we should tak a zero tolerance attitude to violence

I'm not sure was the victim dealt with through the courts for assaulting krakour
Can I ask what zero tolerance means?

NoMore
Club Player

meaningful jail terms

1 and half year is no where near enough

when i go out i want to feel safe

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:meaningful jail terms

But I gather you have no idea of all the facts. What should have he got and is he allowed to play footy after his jail term?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:Your right my personal opinion is that we should tak a zero tolerance attitude to violence

So your misses gets bumped by a drunk in the pub and you, with a few under your belt, snot him. Catch him sweet, he slams his head into a chair and suffers ongoing memory problems for the rest of his days.

You should be locked up for good.

Zero tolerance...

Seriously, NoMore, it can't happen with assault. There's alway mitigating factors that water down severity of sentence and the decisions that cause assaults to occur (history between victim and attacker, state of mind, tendency to get angry quickly, family background) all vary from person to person. It's common sense that sentences in assault cases vary.

In relative terms AK's seemed to me - and I do know a bit about these things - to be on the lengthy side in the circumstances. I'd suggest that the length was what it was because there was a group element to the actual assault and the victim was in effect cornered and didn't have a fair chance of defending himself.

As for Justin Martin (the victim's name if I remember correctly) I don't know if chargers were laid. All I know is that it was an accepted fact in the Krakouer trial. Martin himself conceded king hitting Krakouer (as I understand it) when Krakouer wasn't looking.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
NoMore
Club Player

playing footy is fine
I'll be honest what annoys me most is that media people like eddie and luke darcy put this guy up on a pedastal
y should we be celebrating him. A guy like Lenny lives his life clean and never gets in any trouble. He is the type of person we should celebrate

By the way i was wondering if the courts ever dealt with the original assualt by the victim

NoMore
Club Player

Thinline wrote:

So your misses gets bumped by a drunk in the pub and you, with a few under your belt, snot him. Catch him sweet, he slams his head into a chair and suffers ongoing memory problems for the rest of his days.

Zero tolerance...

Seriously, NoMore, it can't happen with assault. There's alway mitigating factors that water down severity of sentence and the decisions that cause assaults to occur (history between victim and attacker, state of mind, tendency to get angry quickly, family background) all vary from person to person. It's common sense that sentences in assault cases vary.

In relative terms AK's seemed to me - and I do know a bit about these things - to be on the lengthy side in the circumstances. I'd suggest that the length was what it was because there was a group element to the actual assault and the victim was in effect cornered and didn't have a fair chance of defending himself.

As for Justin Martin (the victim's name if I remember correctly) I don't know if chargers were laid. All I know is that it was an accepted fact in the Krakouer trial. Martin himself conceded king hitting Krakouer (as I understand it) when Krakouer wasn't looking.
Ok so my next question is that we are supposed to assume justice was done and accept that.
Did krackour do that with his victim.
If he was dealt with through the courts then according to you that should be it and if he wasn't y wasn't he

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
NoMore wrote:meaningful jail terms

But I gather you have no idea of all the facts. What should have he got and is he allowed to play footy after his jail term?
this thread is about the A Hole Collingwood pres...don't side track it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Zero tolerance...

Ok so my next question is that we are supposed to assume justice was done and accept that.
Did krackour do that with his victim.
If he was dealt with through the courts then according to you that should be it and if he wasn't y wasn't he
I don't really understand your questions but I'll have a go.

Re Martin - AK may not coop with police in pressing charges, may not have been conclusive evidence at the time, people may have given conflicting statements, don't know, wasn't there, but ultimately it doesn't matter. It was an agreed fact. He whacked AK. Said so himself in court. And that fact was used in establishing AK's sentence.

As for assuming justice was done...well what's to assume? There was a sentence, time was served, to AK's credit he used that time for something other than sitting down and moping. That's what happened. It's a good story. And a rare one. That's why people are discussing it.

But I don't see AK trumpeting the glory of it all, do you?

As for the victim and where he's at, I don't know. But if the psych was right at the trial, he's probably now capable of doing whatever he wants to do. Luckily for him and AK, i guess.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

mods please move these posters to a separate room they are stuffing this thread up, this thread is about Maguire.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:mods please move these posters to a separate room they are stuffing this thread up, this thread is about Maguire.
Bound and tie them. Kiel haul them if you can find a kiel (sic! :)

Now, where were we?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

http://video.heraldsun.com.au/197111946 ... rt-McGuire

This master spin doctor goes on the front foot. I wish he'd been held to account for this.

Would have been beautiful.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:mods please move these posters to a separate room they are stuffing this thread up, this thread is about Maguire.
Bound and tie them. Kiel haul them if you can find a kiel (sic! :)

Now, where were we?
Scrub the decks or ye'll be getting the cat"o"nines me hearty. ;)
PS..I may have just done what I accused the posters of doing...I'm just like Eddiee ... :oops:

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Re: Eddie sets precedent

Harvey To Hayes wrote:Next time we play the filth I urge every supporter to pay attention to the Collingwood ferals around them, and every time one of them sledges Milney, Joey, Roo, Sam or anyone else about anything non-footy related, give them two warnings, carry on like an idiot, and then ring the authorities and have that person disciplined. Eddie is in the media calling for zero tolerance on sledges such as that directed at Krakouer (who was convicted), so it has to go both ways...

I don't really expect people to do that, just pointing out what a fat hypocritical tossbag Maguire is. I hate that guy so much I might need counselling...
I am with you on the this. I also hate Eddie Maguire, Mick Malthouse and anything to do with the Collingwood football club. It seems when these things happen we always get the rough end of the pineapple. Nothing happens to Malthouose when the liar calls Milne a "f****n rapists" and a saints supporter who wasn't using anything racial, gets infurred as a racists and yet there fans call Milney a rapists and Gwilt a Golliwog? I mean WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hate that bloody club! They might have won the flag last year, but geez I hope Geelong or Hawthorn get it this year! I will laugh my bloody head off!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
matrix
Saintsational Legend

just record peeps on the phone on the sly
blurr out the faces
and send it in

8-)

saintrod
Club Player

It doesn't excuse getting down in the gutter with pies fans but if anyone doesn't know Andrew Krakouer's did lay the boots in and that's why he got sent to jail

FORMER AFL star Andrew Krakouer has been jailed for a minimum of 16 months for a vicious and brutal assault outside a Fremantle nightclub.

District Court Judge Kate O'Brien today sentenced the 25-year-old ex-Richmond Tiger for bashing 24-year-old Justin Martin by kicking him in the head and upper body during a fist fight on December 22 2006.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/kr ... 1117058756

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintrod wrote:It doesn't excuse getting down in the gutter with pies fans but if anyone doesn't know Andrew Krakouer's did lay the boots in and that's why he got sent to jail

FORMER AFL star Andrew Krakouer has been jailed for a minimum of 16 months for a vicious and brutal assault outside a Fremantle nightclub.

District Court Judge Kate O'Brien today sentenced the 25-year-old ex-Richmond Tiger for bashing 24-year-old Justin Martin by kicking him in the head and upper body during a fist fight on December 22 2006.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/kr ... 1117058756
and as I understand it, the comment that had Eddie fuming (after Krakouer kicked a point on Saturday night) was: "If it had have been someone's head you would have kicked it, Krakouer."

Fair game imo. No race slur there, just a comment on Krakouer's violent criminal past.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

So would it be politically incorrect to suggest at the footy that Andrew Krakeour wears his GPS tracker around his ankle?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:So would it be politically incorrect to suggest at the footy that Andrew Krakeour wears his GPS tracker around his ankle?
You got me there Ice, I'm PMSL and cringing at the same time!

I sentence you to three felafels without houmous.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:So would it be politically incorrect to suggest at the footy that Andrew Krakeour wears his GPS tracker around his ankle?

I would like to see a GPS on the falafel.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I was out and didn't get to see 'On the Couch'.
Was there any mention of the Felafel King?
If so, did they laud him?
Last edited by Mr Magic on Mon 06 Jun 2011 11:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:

So I have to travel all that way to the western suburbs of Sydney...?